What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nops it wasn't due to payload issue, more like some design flaw or quality of work kind of thing. Just a small issue which cost us the pilot. But our mistake too as we were running something on that plane.
Interesting post. Can you elaborate further on the issue of design flaw/workmanship issue you have raised. We are aware of the load and the possibility of it covering things it should not have covered resulting in the computers on board not correcting things appropriately and the wing shearing off. Was this the reason for the reinforcement of the wings that subsequently got reported?
Araz

A noob question: we are going to raise 4th Squadron in masroor, but where is the 3rd squadron? I have only heard about 2 i.e black spiders and panthers.

A noob question: we are going to raise 4th Squadron in masroor, but where is the 3rd squadron? I have only heard about 2 i.e black spiders and panthers.
3rd is at the CCS.

May be the next Kargil will use the JF-17's abilities?
I don't think so. These wont be any match for the far superior technology that IAF will throw at us.

AND

Syed Ali Haider, just to say, people here are not fool, :) being smart and acting over smart are two entirely different things with totally different consequences! Just saying! :) :tup: Makes one a totally different person.

About the WS-13 timeline, it is still in Evaluation process. IF if passes we can only then start talking about timelines and stuff. For now, only be GUESSING by the sped of events it seems we will have something by Block-III

Last edited:
988462_10204818625157734_1706774626039034127_n.jpg

About the WS-13 timeline, it is still in Evaluation process. IF if passes we can only then start talking about timelines and stuff. For now, only be GUESSING by the sped of events it seems we will have something by Block-III

So the WS-13 will be under assessment for several years more, it seems, since Block-III is not imminent.

sounds great new concept for JF-17 Bazaaaaar, where is it exactly in Pakistan? :D:D:D
There was a time when F-16s were sort of worshipped in Pakistan and you'd find them painted/engraved/embossed on rickshaws, buses, trucks, you name it. I don't know if JF-17 would ever enjoy similar popularity.

There was a time when F-16s were sort of worshipped in Pakistan and you'd find them painted/engraved/embossed on rickshaws, buses, trucks, you name it. I don't know if JF-17 would ever enjoy similar popularity.

there are many many rickshaws and trucks on which JF-17 are painted many rickshaws have stickers with outline of JF-17 and Written Thunders either below them or at the center of the plane... On Many truck it's written Fakhray Pakistan JF-17 or Pakistani Tayarah JF-17 :D will take a picture next time i saw it

LOL, yes I remember rickshaw everywhere.

Due to our limited resources and little hope, no doubt F-16s just secured our sky long times, no-one or any enemy can violate it much everyday.

Everyone has alot of respect old tireless horses (F-16s), we'd only 30 numbers in our inventory.

F-16-640x480.jpg

Scrambling everyday morning to night, JF-17 was new baby in design phase at that time.

If I understand correctly, so CCS's third squadron is Panthers?
No, that's No 16 squadron, the aircraft transferred to CCS originally belonged to 16 (Panther) and 26 (Black Spider) squadrons, hence the logo on the tail. The CCS had Dashing and Sky-bolt units not sure what the new JF-17 squadron is called.

So the WS-13 will be under assessment for several years more, it seems, since Block-III is not imminent.
why several more years?
it have been two three years already since we have started seeing it in flight testing, the lab test must have been before that. Further it will be another two three years before Block 3 so it gives enough time to PAC and evaluate and finale the engine. Again, stating the new engine to be WS-13 with surety is not right RD-93MA is also reportedly under evaluation.

why several more years?
it have been two three years already since we have started seeing it in flight testing, the lab test must have been before that. Further it will be another two three years before Block 3 so it gives enough time to PAC and evaluate and finale the engine. Again, stating the new engine to be WS-13 with surety is not right RD-93MA is also reportedly under evaluation.

Further developments of the engine and their timeline will be interesting to watch. There is no rush and I am sure PAF will take the time to get it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom