JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
15-201

paf-wc-visits-pac-3.jpg

paf-wc-visits-pac-2.jpg

vcgs-visit-pac-4.jpg

094641r4y99fsztnsnwfn4.jpg

This Block 2 JF-17, with its KLJ-7 airborne pulse doppler fire-control radar visible, was one of the few units on the production line at PAC Kamra on 19 February. The Block 3 version, now being developed, will accommodate a new AESA radar. (Alan Warnes)

Space does not seem to be a prob ....as previously speculated by so many ....

NO REFUELING PROBE.

I sincerely hope that you wouldn't ask too many questions. If you ask one of the question again, read the article that I highlight red and blue, please read at least 50 times to remember all the key points.

Here's answer:
"The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) has a contract for 50 Block 2 JF-17s but as Air Cdre Ahsan pointed out, "the full AAR system will not appear until the 29th jet, which should fly later this year [at Chengdu Aircraft Corporation (CAC) in China]."

IFR PROBE would not be shown until 29th jet (Block 2), read again and again in #1874 post.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's look at old schedule again from Chinese engineer who worked on JF-17.

SeH4mEo.jpg

Not bad, so I think Block 3 will be ready in last quarter of 2017-2018

^^I can't even separate the post above, it is attached itself along with reply.

What happened of PLAAF inducting JFT as President said?
Its not going to happen. The JF-17 Thunder was designed and built for Pakistan and based on Pakistani requirements. Anyone that tells you that China will induct these planes are either lying or they just don't know what they are talking about.

Its not going to happen. The JF-17 Thunder was designed and built for Pakistan and based on Pakistani requirements. Anyone that tells you that China will induct these planes are either lying or they just don't know what they are talking about.

I think Block III would probably be last one as Pakistan requirements should move on to J-10C and J-31.

NO REFUELING PROBE.
Read carefully what it says in the article piece....that AAR (Air to Air Refueling) will not be integrated until the 29th unit is built later this year, in Chengdu (in China)

The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) has a contract for 50 Block 2 JF-17s but as Air Cdre Ahsan pointed out, "the full AAR system will not appear until the 29th jet, which should fly later this year [at Chengdu Aircraft Corporation (CAC) in China]."

Does this mean we will have at least 29 JF-17 by the year end? co producing them in Chengdu as well to speed up?

Read carefully what it says in the article piece....that AAR (Air to Air Refueling) will not be integrated until the 29th unit is built later this year, in Chengdu (in China)

Does this mean we will have at least 29 JF-17 by the year end? co producing them in Chengdu as well to speed up?
Yes, but why it cant be integrated from the beginning? Any particular reason for that?

Block 2 JF-17 makes first flight ahead of Block 3 improvements

175251wxgfkk2plluipkdl.jpg

Publication:Jane's Defence Weekly
Last posted: 2015-03-17

The first Block 2 JF-17 Thunder combat aircraft made its maiden flight from the Pakistan Aeronautical Company (PAC) facility at Kamra on 9 February.

The aircraft (serial number 2P01) made three more successful flights before being taken to the paint shop in mid-February. The test flights came as a boost as PAC continues to look for a first export customer for its platform.

Air Commodore Ahsan Rafiq, Deputy Chief Project Director (Operations) JF-17 and a former commanding officer of the JF-17 Test and Evaluation Unit, described the Block 2 version as "an upgraded Block 1 with an air-to-air refuelling (AAR) probe, enhanced oxygen system [to allow the pilot to stay in the air longer], and improved electronic countermeasures system (ECS)".

The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) has a contract for 50 Block 2 JF-17s but as Air Cdre Ahsan pointed out, "the full AAR system will not appear until the 29th jet, which should fly later this year [at Chengdu Aircraft Corporation (CAC) in China]."

In a further development that sends a clear signal that PAC and Chinese marketing partner CATIC intend business in the international arena, the Block 2 JF-17 will also have a two-seater version, which is now being developed at Chengdu according to the PAF's requirements.

"We know potential customers would like to see a two-seater, although it is not such a big deal for the PAF, which started flying several types, [A-5, F-6, F-7P and F-7PG] without a training version," Air Cdre Ahsan said. "This will give us the chance to show potential suitors how the jet can perform in the air."

COMMENT

Air Cdre Ahsan said that while Block 1 and 2 JF-17s will not differ significantly - with Block 1 JF-17's ECS likely to be upgraded when it suits the PAF, it will be a different story with the Block 3 series.

"We are still developing the Block 3 configuration, but it will be a considerably different aircraft compared to the previous two blocks," he said. "A new AESA [active electronically scanned array] radar will be integrated, but this is still in the design stage; however, we are looking at both Western and Eastern options."

Integrating an AESA with the SD-10A beyond-visual-range missile will provide the PAF and any other JF-17 operator with a long-range, all-aspect precision day and night engagement capability.

As the JF-17 continues to evolve, aircraft units will start coming off the PAC Kamra production line more quickly. The facility is also set to reach the 58% transfer of technology agreed with China, which had been previously slowed down to keep it in line with the plant's infrastructure and equipment growth.

This Block 2 JF-17, with its KLJ-7 airborne pulse doppler fire-control radar visible, was one of the few units on the production line at PAC Kamra on 19 February. The Block 3 version, now being developed, will accommodate a new AESA radar. (Alan Warnes)

094641hb2b11b1a382usoo.jpg

The second Block 2 JF-17 sits in the flight test station at PAC Kamra, awaiting its first flight. (Alan Warnes)

Everyone should remember this article of many key points, don't repeat same discussion.

2P01
2P02
2P03

:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2P01
175251wxgfkk2plluipkdl.jpg

Now 15-201 from 2P01 (I think)
paf-wc-visits-pac-3.jpg

jf-17-15-201-jpg.203929

2P02
094641hb2b11b1a382usoo.jpg

2P03

My friend I really appreciate your reply and I'm totally aware of the procedure of any arm deal and I am not making fun any of JF-17 potential sales but pointing out some members that are spreading false rumors since long based on their own source.
It would be good if people start posting news backed by an official source rather than their own. .

I think you dont know that even some of the things that Muradk told me were subsequently proven to be incorrect.The same is the case with pshamim and Hkhan. The point I am trying to make is all that the people are reporting are interests and intentions. We in our hurry to break the news transmit and then subsequently things taķe another turn and dont materialize as we expected it to. This is not spreading rumours. If you dont like a post then ignore it. But dont argue over something that can neither proven nor disproven.
Araz

I think Block III would probably be last one as Pakistan requirements should move on to J-10C and J-31.
Marey bhai.
Please dont post things like this. You think we are that rich that we will blow 2 billion worth of investment and go for an untested platform and one which is not ready and which we will have no power to modify to our needs. J31 will come in good time but forget everything else till 2020-23 at least.

"We are still developing the Block 3 configuration, but it will be a considerably different aircraft compared to the previous two blocks,"
@Oscar @MastanKhan

Forgive me for sounding like a fanboy but i must ask if expecting structural changes in blk 3's airframe would be making too much of the above statement.

Last edited:

Space does not seem to be a prob ....as previously speculated by so many ....

As I have been saying again and again. We have been wrongly calling it too small for growth, it's airframe has almost the same dimensions as the F-16 including the nose size.

Why should they induct but it was our president who boasted this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom