What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we take lots of claims as pinches of salt.. but it has to be done with.. as they say in cricket.. "benefit of doubt to the batsman".

There may very well be such a great difference in costs.. and I fail to see the basis of your skepticism for this. After all, if there are difference in maintenance costs for something like a Honda and Suzuki.. I fail to see why that cannot be the case in an aircraft.

Hence, the ACM may very well be right in his claim as the JF-17 might cost the PAF that amount compared to the cost of operating a F-16 in Pakistan may be greater. At the same time, the AirChief might be given figures similar to what Janes has been given. Hence, to him those 45000-50000 costs being indicative of both procurement and operating costs would be valid. Perhaps, if figures from the MMRCA evaluation on operating costs come out at some time, they might shed light better as cost for the IAF would still generally be similar in many aspects. Hence, while the pinch of salt is a mandatory intake in such statements... it is not one that should be taken because the ACM said it anyway.. it is because "costs" in accounting terms is the most variable figure on this earth.

Thank you for that informative post, which make a good backdrop for my point:

Given the inherent variability of the CPFH calculation, a potential customer for the JF-17 will do its own analysis, and the one quoted by the ACM will not be applicable. Hence, to market the JF-17 as a cheaper alternative to the established players in the market cannot be sufficient merit on its own without offering competitive capabilities as well, or even exceeding certain aspects. Certainly, any inferior aspects will also be scrutinized much more closely.

Thank you for that informative post, which make a good backdrop for my point:

Given the inherent variability of the CPFH calculation, a potential customer for the JF-17 will do its own analysis, and the one quoted by the ACM will not be applicable. Hence, to market the JF-17 as a cheaper alternative to the established players in the market cannot be sufficient merit on its own without offering competitive capabilities as well, or even exceeding certain aspects. Certainly, any inferior aspects will also be scrutinized much more closely.

That is the quagmire that haunted the F-5G..

it is just a news nothing is final yet

but i can tell you those argentinians on their defence forumns are not happy about them buying jft
those fanboys are high
you can ask antibody i saw him there telling them about jft

the article just say their govt is probably thinking of co-producing jft

Its not fanboys, the problem is our only possible enemy have Typhoons and soon F-35, also people are slow to trust in anything "made in china".

But in general, considering we are under a anti-military goverment, the views are positive, its either the JF-17 or fly Pampa trainers and obsolete Mirages. (there also has been a rumor about getting the Spanish F-1M).

These are common factors but they cost differently and in the same proportion as the planes cost, so if an F16 costs 60 million and a JF17 costs 20 million, 1/3 of F-a6, so would the spares and parts used for overhaul. Add to that huge labour cost difference between GE and PAC employees.

Of course. Interesting that while you mention that spares, inventory maintenance, and other costs as fuel all go as common factors whether its for the USAF or the JASDF or the PAF, you should also realize that there will not be such a great difference for these costs so as to account adequately for the claim that the JF-17 costs only 1/3rd as much as western jets unless the huge differences in manpower costs are part of the calculation. Any interested parties will get the details, but the public like me should take these claims with a large pinch of salt.

Dear Sir, I'm in a blog's editor on Brazil and we are very interested about the possible productions JF-17 by the Argentines. Is this true? The Brazilian air force urgently needs another aircraft to replace yours Mirage 2000 will be retired this year and their F5 to be retired in the next 5-10 years, the JF-17 would already be ready to be acquired by other nations? The pakistan would interest the aircraft were produced in another country? I appreciate your response.

Dear Sir, I'm in a blog's editor on Brazil and we are very interested about the possible productions JF-17 by the Argentines. Is this true? The Brazilian air force urgently needs another aircraft to replace yours Mirage 2000 will be retired this year and their F5 to be retired in the next 5-10 years, the JF-17 would already be ready to be acquired by other nations? The pakistan would interest the aircraft were produced in another country? I appreciate your response.

news is in Argentinian media sir so lets wait and see what happen in future . we wish Argentina got TOT and FC-1 fly there .

Welcome to PDF

welcome
:welcome:
its just a news they were interested in it before now we are seeing some development nothings final

There is a 99.9% chance its just smoke.
Even if gets annunced officialy, it will not happen, we are the country of the prototypes and smoke.
Also its gona need a new seat too, because Fadea has been ordered to no use MB seats anymore.

FADEA is doing a new version of the Pampa trainer, called "Pampa III/GT", it will be something like a mono engined L-15 based on the older model, also a primary trainer called "Unasur 1" and they are doing upgrades on other planes, like the Pucara, changing engines on older Pampas, etc all of this very slowly because FADEA spend more time on strike than working, they dont have the capacity to do something like the JF-17, and even if they do, they gona do 1 every 2 years.

aTwo+Seat+JF-17+Thunder++FC-1+Xiaolong+Fighter+Jet+Trainer+PAKISTAN+AIR+FORCE+PAF+BVR+PL-12+SD-10A+B+C+D+E+PL-10+ASR+WVRAAM+C-802+RAAD+MAR-1+H-2+H-4+LD-6+LT-2+FT-123456+CK-400AKG+%25287%2529.jpg

in above pic

under right wing, inner most pylon, is C-802/3, under left inner pylon, appears to be KG-300G or WMD-7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom