What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, i asked because currently Black Panthers and Black Spiders have 20 units each, plus the 8 original SBP versions for T&E at Kamra. One was lost in accident, so that leaves 48-49 aircraft. If a third Squadron is to be raised from those 50 production aircraft, then both of the aforementioned squadrons lose their strength and the T&E unit at Kamra would be disbanded.

Aeronaut, is it possible to ask anyone in PAF what the exact plan is with regards of number of units of JF-17s that go to the squadrons?

@Windjammer any help sirjee??

I will try to confirm.

Up to 25. We must note though that the delivery schedule is decided by PAF not by PAC. PAF wants to bleed off max hours out of its old fleet therefore it places orders on 'when needed basis'. The production and delivery of new jets is linked to the phase out schedule of PAF, therefore the unit production fluctuates. I am expecting the Tailchoppers to be equipped with JF-17s next month.

Squadron is ready, it has been for a while. Why the PAF is delaying acquisition? Probably due to shortage of funds.

Hmm, i asked because currently Black Panthers and Black Spiders have 20 units each, plus the 8 original SBP versions for T&E at Kamra. One was lost in accident, so that leaves 48-49 aircraft. If a third Squadron is to be raised from those 50 production aircraft, then both of the aforementioned squadrons lose their strength and the T&E unit at Kamra would be disbanded.

Aeronaut, is it possible to ask anyone in PAF what the exact plan is with regards of number of units of JF-17s that go to the squadrons?

Well my dear, PAC is manufacturing aircraft as we speak, i read somewhere to the effect that the production has doubled from 10 to 20 per annum. Rumour has it that PAF plans to raise the third squadron with Block-2 rather than inducting Block-1 and withdrawing it later for upgrades but as i said that's just a rumour.

Hmmm, My estimate would be 14-15 Planes in each squadron = 42-45 planes. 5-7 SPB would remain with T&E for indefinite period. Currently as we speak, 2 or 3 JF-17's are in China, 10-115 sighted last week. To continue testing JF-17 with further upgrades, T&E needs planes and SPB seems logical choice to them.

Hmmm, My estimate would be 14-15 Planes in each squadron = 42-45 planes. 5-7 SPB would remain with T&E for indefinite period. Currently as we speak, 2 or 3 JF-17's are in China, 10-115 sighted last week. To continue testing JF-17 with further upgrades, T&E needs planes and SPB seems logical choice to them.

One plane is for engine testing. One is for upgrades. Third i do not have info of, or rather not disclosed to me.

Well my d.... said that's just a rumour.
Raising the third squadron with block IIs would make sense. Possibly some new block IIs and some upgraded to block II standard from block I. I understand first block II will role out in June IA.

10312626_10152208345487663_1469629055136925530_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom