What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
1970650_575243569238595_1079890168_n.jpg

They opted for Kfir block 60. something like 25 mil a second hand plane...

The deal is not yet 100% done or confirmed. Israel need US clearance as far as engine is concerned and here the British can use their influence on the Americans as they did with France on Super Etendard modernization.

The deal is not yet 100% done or confirmed. Israel need US clearance as far as engine is concerned and here the British can use their influence on the Americans as they did with France on Super Etendard modernization.

The deal will go through it is not about engine, Argentinean AF are operating A-4s sold by US and upgraded a few years ago by US, british won't influence this time israelis are very strong when it comes to financial deals.

The deal will go through it is not about engine, Argentinean AF are operating A-4s sold by US and upgraded a few years ago by US, british won't influence this time israelis are very strong when it comes to financial deals.

If this deal alters balance of power in the Falklands Island then US shall not allow Israel to sell these fighters.

Good deal if goes through AESA radar some modern technologies incorporated into Kfir block 60...a zero hour engine, but I think the deal would partially be funded by israels and be paid back on a long term basis. I posted it a few months ago the price is 20m. @HKR Kfir block 60 is +/- advance than JF-17 the trouble for Argentinian Air Force in any War israelis would discontinue support, congratulation PAC/PAC lost another deal in south america. We know isreali electronic are much better than the Chinese ones thus under the hood Kfir has some very stable modern systems for its generation.

Approx 15 years until their economy recovers only 18 could be ordered for the total of some $500m. Israel is giving full support for the aircraft.

i think it seems its more to do with support and reliability/availability of the russia-engine rather than mere electronics.

argentina isnt going to face serious threats that it would worry about electronic warfare?

the second issue could be a sweet deal of long term financing?
regardlessly it is a confirm loss for thunder.

its becoming evident that exporting thunder will be difficult without Chinese engine and Chinese atleast tokenly having a few squardons in their airforce.

anyway even if we dont export them, i still believe that thunder will be a great sucesss for airforce

i am surprised that those aircrafts still have 10+ years on them.

what about the engine is it a modern turbofan or turbojet on kafr.
also fly by wire on them?
waht weapons will they get. they will need antiships and air to air missles?

what about the engine is it a modern turbofan or turbojet on kafr.
also fly by wire on them?
waht weapons will they get. they will need antiships and air to air missles?

Engine J79-GE-J1E License-built in israel by Beit Shemesh Engines Ltd (BSEL) with 18,750 lbf (83.40 kN) afterburning thrust for the IAI Kfir.

Flight Control Systems: Mechanical not FBW but need to confirm since they have pretty much upgraded everything.

I don't think they will get antiship arsenal that would be a separate deal with either french. israeli long and shot range BVR/WVR.

Anyway back to JF-17 topic.

If this deal alters balance of power in the Falklands Island then US shall not allow Israel to sell these fighters.

US won't stop the deal its all about money, J79 GE engine is US they get royalty, nobody interfere with israeli deals these days. The aircraft is good but there is also a problem there are high chances israel will not sell them antiship thus the purpose of these aircrafts is limited. That could either be a separate deal with french or israelis but yet to be seen, however Chinese would have sold them but I guess China is also not interested or either israelis bribed Argentinean officials who knows.

Last edited:
Engine J79-GE-J1E License-built in israel by Beit Shemesh Engines Ltd (BSEL) with 18,750 lbf (83.40 kN) afterburning thrust for the IAI Kfir.

Flight Control Systems: Mechanical not FBW but need to confirm since they have pretty much upgraded everything.

I don't think they will get antiship arsenal that would be a separate deal with either french. israeli long and shot range BVR/WVR.

Anyway back to JF-17 topic.

US won't stop the deal its all about money, J79 GE engine is US they get royalty, nobody interfere with israeli deals these days. The aircraft is good but there is also a problem there are high chances israel will not sell them antiship thus the purpose of these aircrafts is limited. That could either be a separate deal with french or israelis but yet to be seen, however Chinese would have sold them but I guess China is also not interested or either israelis bribed Argentinean officials who knows.
The Spice 1000 and 2000 may be capable of engaging sea targets. As it a join EO/GPS system and has the man in the loop option.

Two to Tango? Argentine looking for new warplanes.

.....Chinese F-8s “Finback-Bs” would be a very cheap used option, presenting no serious threat, but good for harassment patrols and shows of force at range. The question is whether they could be kept in the air. The JF-17 Thunder from China and Pakistan would be a more advanced option and a definite threat, thanks to its ability to carry C802 subsonic and CM-400AKG supersonic anti-ship missiles. Argentina has expressed interest in the JF-17, and has held discussions directly with China......

DiD

Africa and South America can be the biggest market for JF-17s, K-8s, Super Mushak and UAVs.

You can wait and we all can see either advance Falcons or Typhoons would land there...yaar again you keep forgetting Chinese Engine is not ready and russians would never agree to RD-93 to Jordan the region is volatile and against russia. But your idea is not bad PAF should have offered it regardless of sales/deal going through or not...without trying you can't achieve, crux marketing team is non existent with PAC/PAF.

PAC can try with EU engines...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom