What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really curious about the jets used to deliver the recent surgical strikes. Can we know if it was the jf 17 variant?
....hope this is not off topic.

I'm really curious about the jets used to deliver the recent surgical strikes. Can we know if it was the jf 17 variant?
....hope this is not off topic.

nope........

the USD800m includes weapons, ground infrastructure, simulators etc. the base price of a JFT-blk1 is USD15m. with the addons required by potential buyer it goes to USD25m. blk2 will be atleast 5-7m more expensive. blk3 is on the drawing board for now so estimates are difficult but at the end of the day a JFT-blk3 would cost between USD35-40m. a F-16blk-52 is upwards of USD60m for comparison.

Last edited:
cost.jpg
FYI it also depends

cost.jpg

Do you have difficulties reading the post... I think it is pretty clear.
I don't have difficulty reading the post, but understanding it. I did not get JF-17 MLU, that is why I asked. It is a new fighter, why would it need MLU (midlife upgrade, if I got it right)? If you don't want to answer, that is fine with me, but don't act like Mastan. Little humility is always good.

Last edited:
In terms of Avionics and electronic systems.. this was the plan for the JF-17 from the start. The architecture allows for updating avionics and electronics based on any changes on the latest version.
Maybe you are right. Though the term MLU has not been heard to be used for avionics/electronics upgrade of a few years old fighter. If we say that JF-17 block I will be upgraded to block II standard, that makes more sense. Anyway, I may be wrong.

Maybe you are right. Though the term MLU has not been heard to be used for avionics/electronics upgrade of a few years old fighter. If we say that JF-17 block I will be upgraded to block II standard, that makes more sense. Anyway, I may be wrong.

I never used the term MLU. Nor is it used officially. Its simply an update/upgrade. Involving more along the lines of improved software and chipset swaps than anything else.

Is block 2 slated to replace more F-7s or Mirages?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom