What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened to raising of the third squadron i been waiting impatiently, also what squadron will the third squadron replace?.

Sir Nabil or any senior members got any news that they can share i will be very grateful.

The third Squadron would replace the ageing Mirages.
The fighters are ready at Kamra, and are undergoing tests and trials, and are expected to be in service within three months.

Cannot recall the Squadron.

I am deliberately keeping things on hold because it is better to be pleasantly surprised than to know things beforehand. This is quite pertinent to our jf-17s blk 2 a.k.a jf-17A & B models. :)

I am deliberately keeping things on hold because it is better to be pleasantly surprised than to know things beforehand. This is quite pertinent to our jf-17s blk 2 a.k.a jf-17A & B models. :)
c'mon now , you're playing e us :girl_wacko:

Am sure its worth the wait, so jf 17 third squadron will replace mirages is it possible that these maybe the navy mirages, we have seen thunder carrying anti ship missiles.

The website provided is just never updated its data is from pt-01
This is what the customer See's.

That is PR provided to potential export customers on air shows and includes potential weapons and upgrades like the WS 13 for example, but that doesn't mean these are available now or are the current specs!

It's just like this:

http://www.armedforces-int.com/uplo...cy/images/projects/29/eurofighter-weapons.jpg

90% of these weapons were advertised from the start, but never integrated, just like features like TVC, CFTs..., so there is a big difference in what is really the current capability of a fighter and what the manufacturer PR says!

Also the PAC Kamra site was upgraded last year and some specs were changed as well. For example, earlier it stated an emptyweight of 6411Kg, now it says 14,520 lb = 6586Kg just like on their specboards:

http://s7.directupload.net/images/120329/iqy2gyl2.jpg

Then we have seen this spec board as well, which states 6450Kg and both confirms an AB thrust between 84 and 85kN:

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/6336/jf17specs2lw2.jpg

As you can see, the specs (weight, thrust, G-limit) are varying and that might have to do with current specs and development goals. The 6411Kg might have been the original aim, just like Mach 1.8... and that's possibly why PAC Kamra have changed them and why they might change things again when the Block 2 comes.

Am sure its worth the wait, so jf 17 third squadron will replace mirages is it possible that these maybe the navy mirages, we have seen thunder carrying anti ship missiles.

That depends on if Pak forces wants to use JF 17 with less thrust and fuel, as well as limited to the twin config in this role, but until at least the Block 2 with mid air refuelling will come, the F16s (especially the Block 52s) makes more sense alongside from P-3s both would even use the same weapon.

No. Not the Naval Aviation yet.
It will replace a Mirage Squadron of Pakistan Air Force and will be used for Air-to-Air and Air-to-Ground role.

I guess either it is the 7th (Bandits) Squadron or the 15th Squadron (Cobras). More likely to be 7th Squadron in my view, cannot be sure.

No. Not the Naval Aviation yet.
It will replace a Mirage Squadron of Pakistan Air Force and will be used for Air-to-Air and Air-to-Ground role.

I guess either it is the 7th (Bandits) Squadron or the 15th Squadron (Cobras). More likely to be 7th Squadron in my view, cannot be sure.

What if they replace Mirages in Karachi ?

The cruise missile has already been tested from aircraft, and if i remember it was mirage.
Thus giving us a lot of range to keep enemy ships away.

I don't understand why we would wait to test the cruise with JFs.

What if they replace Mirages in Karachi ?
7th Squadron, Bandits, are stationed in Karachi.
The cruise missile has already been tested from aircraft, and if i remember it was mirage.
Yes, Ra'ad ALCM is integrated with Mirage and tested.
Thus giving us a lot of range to keep enemy ships away.
Cruise missiles and Air Support is not the only thing to keep enemy ships away. Pakistani submarines and frigates are near the border of Pakistani border which would keep the enemy navy away.
I don't understand why we would wait to test the cruise with JFs.
JF-17 is capable of carrying cruise missile. Military tests and exercises don't necessarily make to media.

7th Squadron, Bandits, are stationed in Karachi.
Yes, Ra'ad ALCM is integrated with Mirage and tested.
Cruise missiles and Air Support is not the only thing to keep enemy ships away. Pakistani submarines and frigates are near the border of Pakistani border which would keep the enemy navy away.

JF-17 is capable of carrying cruise missile. Military tests and exercises don't necessarily make to media.

on which hard point?

on which hard point?
The hard point under the fuselage.. and the two inner hard points according to Tempest II PAF engineers announced during the Dubai Aeroshow that the inner two and central hard-points can carry payload that meets requirements of Ra'ad.

So the center hardpoint is confirmed and the inner two are probables which are yet kept classified, but there are high chances that they could carry Ra'ad' too..

The hard point under the fuselage.. and the two inner hard points according to Tempest II PAF engineers announced during the Dubai Aeroshow that the inner two and central hard-points can carry payload that meets requirements of Ra'ad.

So the center hardpoint is confirmed and the inner two are probables which are yet kept classified, but there are high chances that they could carry Ra'ad' too..

JF17_1190.jpg

1z2p1yv.jpg

DSC03062.JPG

123id.jpg

How could you put this 5 Meter long missile under fuselage and its diameter is another issue, There seems to be a issue of space here.

How could you put this 5 Meter long missile under fuselage and its diameter is another issue, There seems to be a issue of space here.
The fuselage EFT is about 5m exactly … … so if the RAAD missile is just under 5m long, then it will fit. I will post images when I get home and explain the scaling based on pixels and that we know the overall length and width of the JFT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom