What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its been a while since hearing some good news about the thunders
Yar Shukarr karo, Railway ka to engine Bana nai skay ham, Itnay modern fighters ki production start kr di hai. Wo b 4 and 4.5 generation.:D. Abi to bhai Inshallah we will add 5th generation avionics soon.

I just read that the block III of Thunder is to incorporate with 5th Gen. avionics. Is it true because I also heard someone saying that Thunder cannot be transformed in a stealth fighter?:unsure::pakistan::china:

here goes the source

Twitter @PAF_PakFizaiya
Work on dual-seat variant of Thunder has already kicked off,Block-III Thunder to incorporate 5th gen avionics,Production to start in 2016.

That’s pure speculation and the statement is self contradictory
The whole concept of JF-17 is a cheap and viable but very much capable platform that replaces the old planes and serves as a gap filler between mid to top end planes also serving as force multiplier.

The price tag of any technology that is 4.5 generation let alone 5th is so high that incorporating it will negate the very reason this platform was envisioned and it will hinder funds, resources and efforts for J-10 platform. Wherever JF-17 is found lacking will be incorporated in J-10 and if in future the economies of scale and better understanding and experience means that any “5th” generation avionics could be produced feasibly and incorporating them wont mean that the price tag will jump 5 fold then fine and no harm in incorporating those systems in this platform.

Whenever the words like AESA, TVC, composite material and all that mombo jumbo is thrown just think J-10 which will share frontline role with F-16s.

So far officially, IFR and Data link capability will be added to Block-2 and that's the major upgrade it will get which makes me wonder why Block-1 do not have data link capability in them?

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

That’s pure speculation and the statement is self contradictory
The whole concept of JF-17 is a cheap and viable but very much capable platform that replaces the old planes and serves as a gap filler between mid to top end planes also serving as force multiplier.

The price tag of any technology that is 4.5 generation let alone 5th is so high that incorporating it will negate the very reason this platform was envisioned and it will hinder funds, resources and efforts for J-10 platform. Wherever JF-17 is found lacking will be incorporated in J-10 and if in future the economies of scale and better understanding and experience means that any “5th” generation avionics could be produced feasibly and incorporating them wont mean that the price tag will jump 5 fold then fine and no harm in incorporating those systems in this platform.

Whenever the words like AESA, TVC, composite material and all that mombo jumbo is thrown just think J-10 which will share frontline role with F-16s.

This speculation is based on Pshamim post in which said block-3 will have new engine and very advance avionics.

If this is the case.. what Specs can we see on block 2?

If no aesa.. what will we see upgraded klj, and what about engine.. Rd-93 or Ws-13?

No inflight refueling?

Besides these, will there be any other airframe change, like additional hardpoints or a dedicated pod station?

I am more concerned with the reduction in aircraft in service with PAF.

I mean just 150 JF-17s? That too by 2015?

Plus 60 odd f-16s and some j-10s.....that's too low.....PAF should should field 400 combat ready fighters.

Besides these, will there be any other airframe change, like additional hardpoints or a dedicated pod station?

Block II will have NO airframe change.. No hardpoint increase.. No Engine change.
The only changes coming up would be to the avionics and that too will not be drastic... as mentioned before.. slight tweaks to the excellent KJL-7, Uprated processors for the flight and combat computers...and a Fixed IFR probe depending on availability of funds.

Is it true that by the year of 2013 INSHALLAH, JF 17 Thunder Block I or II will replace F 16 as PAF's front line combat aircraft?

if we get new n ungraded F-16s then the total will be around 100 F-16s.100 F-16s C/D/MLU with AIM 120,JHMCS.JDAM,GBU,etc is a lethal combination.F-16 will continue to be our front line fighter till 2020 atleast.JF-17 with upgraded engine and aesa radar will qualify to replace or match F-16 for the front line fighter.

i will stick to what i said earlier. Blk 2 has more tech advancements than people have been "made" to believe. A new EW suite is among them, what has been confused is IRST and AESA, rest of technology has seen a major up lift and goes all the way to blk 50 standard. Sensor fusion and MMI is much better. It already has Datalink capability but it is Chinese/ Pakistani version and not the NATO Link 16 standard but this can be readily incorporated without much fuss.

@ IB

In China, new generation JFT avionics are on the test bench already. What i interpret from the "new generation" is 5th generation. Current avionics are already 4+ generation as they are fast, versatile and incorporate sensor fusion capability. Not everything is a rumor, but not all can be verified on internet either. Wait till the 2nd blk comes because it will surprise more than a few.

by 2014 F16 will not be our top line fighter said by ACM and that mean J10B induction

i will stick to what i said earlier. Blk 2 has more tech advancements than people have been "made" to believe. A new EW suite is among them, what has been confused is IRST and AESA, rest of technology has seen a major up lift and goes all the way to blk 50 standard. Sensor fusion and MMI is much better. It already has Datalink capability but it is Chinese/ Pakistani version and not the NATO Link 16 standard but this can be readily incorporated without much fuss.

@ IB

In China, new generation JFT avionics are on the test bench already. What i interpret from the "new generation" is 5th generation. Current avionics are already 4+ generation as they are fast, versatile and incorporate sensor fusion capability. Not everything is a rumor, but not all can be verified on internet either. Wait till the 2nd blk comes because it will surprise more than a few.

Agreed.. we just have to wait & see.

Block II will have NO airframe change.. No hardpoint increase.. No Engine change.
The only changes coming up would be to the avionics and that too will not be drastic... as mentioned before.. slight tweaks to the excellent KJL-7, Uprated processors for the flight and combat computers...and a Fixed IFR probe depending on availability of funds.

Just asking, because more hardpoints or at least a pod station are important to make it more capable, especially in the strike role with LGBs. Are there any new official specs about the radar now, from one of the recent air shows maybe?

404727_252474111486128_137726479627559_630002_298852039_n.jpg

Just asking, because more hardpoints or at least a pod station are important to make it more capable, especially in the strike role with LGBs. Are there any new official specs about the radar now, from one of the recent air shows maybe?
They can fairly compensate this by using multiple drop racks. Structural modification would be a fairly long and more costly solution than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom