What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic...but I had to share..

Last edited by a moderator:
JF-17+Thunder+Got+Jacked+new+wheels+Rooling+fighte+jet+brust+replacement+%25285%2529.JPG

Just look on the patches and caps of crew.

How many JF17 thunders is the PAF hoping to induct in total? Is it 150? What would be a good amount to have to secure our regional/national interests? \

i still worry about engine
whether rd-93 or ws-13
both can't fulfill our requirements

China-Pakistan JF-17 Fighter Slated for Block-2 Upgrades

Dubai Air Show » November 14, 2011

by Thierry Dubois

Target markets for the PAK JF-17 Thunder fighter include Latin America, Africa and Asia.

The JF-17 Thunder fighter, co-developed by China’s Avic and the Pakistan Air Force (PAF), is to receive improvements that will start being produced with the Block-2 version from next year.

The enhancements will effect the data link and electronic warfare capabilities. An air-to-air refueling capability will be added, as will be new guided weapons. A two-seat variant is being developed, too. The current program schedule calls for the Pakistan-based factory to deliver the JF-17 Block-2 to the PAF from mid-2012 to 2015. Then, a Block-3 version is planned from 2016. Block-1 aircraft are being delivered until the middle of next year.

PAF Air Chief Marshall Rao Qamar Suleiman said marketing efforts focus on those countries needing to replace old fighters such as the MiG-21, early Mirage, F-5 and Phantom types. The program’s target export countries can be found in Latin America, Africa and Asia. “We offer performance comparable to U.S. and European fighters when it comes to radar, dogfight missile, range and BVR [beyond visual range] capabilities, for one third of the cost,” Suleiman claimed.

So far, five countries are said to have taken a close look at the aircraft. China itself is currently evaluating the JF-17 and a decision is expected “shortly.” Avic and the PAF expect to sell “between 300 and 500 JF-17s” over the next 10 years.

The in-service fleet has logged a total of 10,000 flight hours with the PAF. In China, the JF-17 is also known as the FC-1 Xiaolong.

How many JF17 thunders is the PAF hoping to induct in total? Is it 150? What would be a good amount to have to secure our regional/national interests? \

the intiatl number order is 150 jets and it almost certain that it will go up to 250.

whether more order will be placed beyond 250 depends upon maturity of any 5th generation fighter for PAF and its induction timeline.
Also the FC-20 final number currently being quoted as 72 being planned, will play a vital role.
if FC-20 numbers go up, i don't see any increase in JFT beyond 250.

as for second part of your question, determinism a GOOD number to secure regional/national interest is something that cannot be determined. all lot of factors come into play, from first and foremost the government policy toward any destabilization attempt to the details of adversary!!

the intiatl number order is 150 jets and it almost certain that it will go up to 250.

whether more order will be placed beyond 250 depends upon maturity of any 5th generation fighter for PAF and its induction timeline.
Also the FC-20 final number currently being quoted as 72 being planned, will play a vital role.
if FC-20 numbers go up, i don't see any increase in JFT beyond 250.

as for second part of your question, determinism a GOOD number to secure regional/national interest is something that cannot be determined. all lot of factors come into play, from first and foremost the government policy toward any destabilization attempt to the details of adversary!!

sir since when!?

I don't need to make a bombing configuration. Payload is the weight that an aircraft can carry.....fuel+weapons+pods etc. F-16, whether using 11 hard points or 7, can lift off with more load than JF-17 can.

Am i missing something here, or did you fail to provide the point of your post?

Dear,

The fact is that 7 hard points was(and still is) too less to achieve 6ton loadout. General Dynamics saw this and promplty increased it to 11, i.e. +2 two on wings and +2 on chin. With these 4 extra hardpointsin F16C/D Bl25 could carry close to 5~5.5 ton, which still kept them thinking. Infact it was the Israelis who came with the perfect solution for this in thier F16 Bl50s, and mounted CFT for 450 galons of extra fuel on top adding 1.5 tons of payload carrying capability, only after which F16s can carry its full payload of 6.5~7 tons.

The excess payload on F16A/B is simply wasted. GD also tried a different wing configuration i.e F16XL that allowed 24 hardpoints, but the canardless delta wing design was poor in sustained maneuverability, so wasnt inducted.

F16C/D Bl52s are awsome, and i dare not compare JF17 to it, not in its current configurations, but i can easily compare it and its effective loadout to an F16A/B any given day of the week. Thats besides the point that I was and will always remain a Viper lover for as long as i live, as evident from my profile picture.

If you ask me JF-17 still needs a 2 x Low-Loadout ~500kg outer wing hardpoints and 1 x chin hardpoint for targetting pod. If it gets these three, it will be able to deliver awsome SEAD configurations and bomb diversity, besides allowing it to carry fuel tanks for extra range.

Regards,
Sapper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom