What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am hopeful that PAF will going to place a bigger order of about 70 J-10BS along with procurement of about 100+ JF-17 Block-IIs. INSHA ALLAH to replace the current Mirages in the Fleet.

nishan bhai frankly speaking your every post is too much speculative...:hitwall:

could anyone please comment on this? the news is pretty old though

ELGRADE, KOMPAS.com - French-made Rafale aircraft will likely compete with China-made aircraft, JF-17, to compete for the contract Serbian Air Force fleet rejuvenation. State ex-Yugloslavia it has budgeted about 1 billion euros ($ 11.8 billion) to buy about 12 new aircraft.

"Ideally, we would need about 12-16 new aircraft to secure our airspace. A billion euros I think fairly," said a defense ministry official told Reuters Serbia, Friday (16/12/2011) local time.

Separately, Air Force Chief of Staff Brigadier General Ranko Serbia Zivak said the Kemenhan Serbia will invite manufacturers of aircraft around the world to make a bid next year. Some Serb fighter who ogled among others Sukhoi Su-30 of Russia, F-16 and F/A-18 from the U.S., Swedish Gripen, Eurofighter Typhoon from European consortium, the Rafale from France, and the JF-17 from China.

Serbia is currently living AU has three MiG-29 and about a dozen old MiG-21 aircraft from the Soviet era. Most of the ancient Serbian air force because of unkempt damaged after it got out of the UN arms embargo-related involvement in the Balkan wars in the 1990s era. Some Serbian MiG-29 fleet were also destroyed in the NATO bombing campaign in 1999.

Zivak According to the magazine 's defense Odbrana, this fighter procurement plans will enter the final stage, this month. Serbia must decide whether to choose products made ​​by NATO or remain faithful to its main ally, Russia and China.

Rafale dan JF-17 Akan Bertarung di Serbia - KOMPAS.com

I am hopeful that PAF will going to place a bigger order of about 70 J-10BS along with procurement of about 100+ JF-17 Block-IIs. INSHA ALLAH to replace the current Mirages in the Fleet.

Hopefully, But when would block-2 unveil......???

State ex-Yugloslavia it has budgeted about 1 billion euros ($ 11.8 billion) to buy about 12 new aircraft.

LOL:lol:

1 Billion euros = $11.8 Billion :undecided:

Then, if they select JFT over Rafale with $11.8 Billion, they will get JFTs around 500 or so. A Rafale's Unit/Cost is $80 Million. Means 4 JFTs in price of one Rafale + if they had such "$11.8 Billion" Budget they would rather select Rafale over JFT.

So its 1 Billion euros = $1.8 Billion :agree: ?

State ex-Yugloslavia it has budgeted about 1 billion euros ($ 11.8 billion) to buy about 12 new aircraft.

Then, if they select JFT over Rafale with $11.8 Billion, they will get JFTs around 500 or so. A Rafale's Unit/Cost is $80 Million. Means 4 JFTs in price of one Rafale + if they had such "$11.8 Billion" Budget they would rather select Rafale over JFT.

yes there may be some mistake in context...
1 billion euros = around 1.3 billion USD

in serbian deal it sems saab or f-16s might be the winner
the srilankan news is surprsing

in which world do you live

in serbian deal it sems saab or f-16s might be the winner
the srilankan news is surprsing

After being bombed by NATO during the Balkan 1999 war. I doubt they will go for Western stuff. It will be a fight between China and Russian.

How much does the BLK 1 JF-17 cost per unit for the PAF? And how much will the BLK 2 Thunders cost the PAF? I have heard $15-20 mill for BLK1 and $20-25 mill for BLK2 but I have seen some Pakistani member quote $40 million for just the Blk1!
@Safriz @Oscar
@TaimiKhan

Last edited by a moderator:
How much does the BLK 1 JF-17 cost per unit for the PAF? And how much will the BLK 2 Thunders cost the PAF? I have heard $15-20 mill for BLK1 and $20-25 mill for BLK2 but I have seen some Pakistani member quote $40 million for just the Blk1!
@Safriz @Oscar
@TaimiKhan

Program cost is what is a better determinant.
So the Block-I's as airframe would have cost some $13-14 million(less R&D and infrastructure).. Block-2 will cost some $15-16 million(less R&D).. and the third batch will cost around $16 million(due to economies of scale).
Add R&D costs ,Infrastructure and weapons..
you are looking at some $20-23 million per aircraft.

I forgot to add, If you add the over-all program costs.. from start to finish..
You may even end up looking at some $25-27 million IF only 150 JF-17's are produced.

Last edited by a moderator:
So the Block-I's as airframe would have cost some $13-14 million

Really ? Block 1 $13-14 Million :what: ? Just ?
Well, as far I know....... its $20-22 Million/Unit for PAF. Because, frankly saying that JFT/Unit = $13-14 Million is Impossible...... Its a 4th Generation Aircraft, its price/unit can't be that low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom