What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
15 more jf-17 in 2010?

if its true..then gr8..means 22+15=37 jf-17 by 2010 end
and by the end of 2011 we will hav +50 jf-17 and the jf-17 II will be ready

Keep the F-16 discussion to the specific F-16 thread, not here.

translate:
1、PACB will produce 15 JF17s in 2010
2、profit distribution(50% vs 50%)
3、SAAB2000 can link JF17s
4、KLJ-7 has been 105+KM for 5m2 target,Search for 10 target(first 50 Jf17s)
5、SD10A+PL9
6、on stengthen training on if17's pilots(flying at least 2 000 vehicles/year)
:sniper:

As many mentioned JF 17 II. Is there really a JF 17 II under considration. What are the changes. ?? just direct me to link if already discussed and i missed it.

not sure if they'll actually call it the 'II' but it will probably just be some subtle structural/aerodynamic upgrades, improved engine, etc.

run it by Taimikhan, he's the encylopedia of these things :):)

1)the expected munber to be produced in 2010 will be 15, and this will be increased to 20-25 .
2)during the first phase, 8+42 JF-17 will be produced, at least 50% of them will be produced within Pakistan. and if JF-17 will be exported, PACS hopes to manufacture at least 50%, or even more, of them. the profits distribution should be 50-50.
3)SAAB is not yet to be delivered to PAF, however, when they are, data link between SAAB and JF-17 will be considered. the RD93s which were imported from Russia through China will be maintained and repared within Pakistan.
4)KJ-7, ...
5)the price tag of export version will be 25-30 million depending on the configurations. the mechnical control system,on the horizonal axes, will be upgraded to digital FBW system step by step.
6)SD-10A+ PL-9..., at least 2000 hours...

the article was pubilshed in 2009.

i have heard that block ii will have composite air frame

is it true?????

if yes then the reduction in weight of jf-17 will be?????

:china::pakistan::china::pakistan:

the JF-17 is the only fighter designed and develop by an airforce.
that is another fact about jf-17

the JF-17 is the only fighter designed and develop by an airforce.
that is another fact about jf-17

Hi,

All war planes are developed and designed by air forces directly or indirectly---this plane was developed by chinese industrial complex with pak giving the input what they wanted alongwith their engineers and pilots---so nothing new or big deal about it. Paf is talking like it has re-invented the wheel.

It is the same every where else as well. The nations that build planes have advanced engineering complexes and vast industrial base where private sector is ****** rich or is funded by the govt as well.

These private industrial complexes have serving air force pilots---retd air force pilots---aeronautical engineers---metalurgists---scientists---you name it they got it---they got money---technology---research---manpower that pakistan cannot imagine in its wildest of dreams---so why would the air forces of these nations start building what they don't need to.

In pakistan---WAKE UP YOUNG PAKISTANI---the only major industrial complex with any substantial engineering background and production capability is the pak millitary---take it to the private sector and they got nothing---just a little bit here a tad bit there---nothing of subsatnce---so who do you think would be involved in building the plane.

Pakistan air force is pursuing this plane just for the sake of their ego---once they found out about the J 10---that is what they should gone after---and the J 11---.

JF 17 is a dumb mistake---one of many---.

Pak would be better served with 60-75 J 11's and 200 J 10's alongwith the F 16's.

60-75 plus J 11's will be sufficient to put pak airforce at par with the iaf on its own turf.

Paf desperately needed some heavy weight to go mano a mano against the su30---but they are strutting around with their puny little achievement---fool me once shame on you---fool me twice---shame on me---pak public has been fooled again.

Your fighter interceptors needs to make a power statement---where you needed a steriod filled heavy muscular machine---you are sending in a chicken hawk---.

Pakistan air force needed a PITBULL to face indian air force---all they have been able to come up is a chihuaha.

The sole purpose of the project was to come up with something that the enemy will stop for a moment and think about the consequences---jf 17 does nothing of that kind---if it didnot bring india to the table---then the project is a failure.

Suppose if pakistan had a fleet of 75 J 11's---75 F 16's blk 52's and MLU's and 75 M2K9's---does anyone think that india's power posturing would have been different---.

Please don't talk about paf being the only air force to make their own plane---.

MK true words have never been said, you hit the nail on the head with that one... That was a much needed refreshing critique and I think it pin points all those areas where we should have made different descions.

Hi, the JF-17 is a low cost lightweight fighter designed for PAF requirements. This has been stated by the PAF Air Chief on numerous occasions. The PAF does not have the funds to induct and then maintain a huge number of heavy weight interceptors. Moreover, the PAF cannot buy the J-11B as it is a pirated version of the Su-27/30MKK, and Russia will raise a stink at the very least. I doubt China would sell it to the PAF, but I hope I am wrong.

At the same time, I completely agree that the JF-17 in its currently form will be outclassed by a Su-30MKI. Maybe the JF-17 Block 2, with a larger/longer range radar and better thrust to weight ratio can take it on. However, the question then is why is the PAF investing money to upgrade the JF-17 to make it more versatile, when they could simply buy the J-10B instead.

Moreover, I am a bit surprised that the IAF has had the Su-30 for over a decade, and the PAF has not inducted anything to match it. Take care.

Hi,

All war planes are developed and designed by air forces directly or indirectly---this plane was developed by chinese industrial complex with pak giving the input what they wanted alongwith their engineers and pilots---so nothing new or big deal about it. Paf is talking like it has re-invented the wheel.

It is the same every where else as well. The nations that build planes have advanced engineering complexes and vast industrial base where private sector is ****** rich or is funded by the govt as well.

These private industrial complexes have serving air force pilots---retd air force pilots---aeronautical engineers---metalurgists---scientists---you name it they got it---they got money---technology---research---manpower that pakistan cannot imagine in its wildest of dreams---so why would the air forces of these nations start building what they don't need to.

In pakistan---WAKE UP YOUNG PAKISTANI---the only major industrial complex with any substantial engineering background and production capability is the pak millitary---take it to the private sector and they got nothing---just a little bit here a tad bit there---nothing of subsatnce---so who do you think would be involved in building the plane.

Pakistan air force is pursuing this plane just for the sake of their ego---once they found out about the J 10---that is what they should gone after---and the J 11---.

Pak would be better served with 60-75 J 11's and 200 J 10's alongwith the F 16's.

60-75 plus J 11's will be sufficient to put pak airforce at par with the iaf on its own turf.

Paf desperately needed some heavy weight to go mano a mano against the su30---but they are strutting around with their puny little achievement---fool me once shame on you---fool me twice---shame on me---pak public has been fooled again.

Your fighter interceptors needs to make a power statement---where you needed a steriod filled heavy muscular machine---you are sending in a chicken hawk---.

Pakistan air force needed a PITBULL to face indian air force---all they have been able to come up is a chihuaha.

The sole purpose of the project was to come up with something that the enemy will stop for a moment and think about the consequences---jf 17 does nothing of that kind---if it didnot bring india to the table---then the project is a failure.

Suppose if pakistan had a fleet of 75 J 11's---75 F 16's blk 52's and MLU's and 75 M2K9's---does anyone think that india's power posturing would have been different---.

Please don't talk about paf being the only air force to make their own plane---.

Mr mashtan khan

You are senior talk like a senior

Name any country who builds the beast in just on step

USA made f-15 and the next day they wake up, they have f-22 in their hand ?????

or they develop it progressively step by step

take an example of India they are trying to develop LCA(and it nearly take 4 decades)

this is our first step and we will move on step by step

the main benefit here is the know how that how to develop and build the aircraft

:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

and look at his post no. its just his 4th post

and you started :blah::blah:

Last edited:
Hi,

good thoughts...

Hi, the JF-17 is a low cost lightweight fighter designed for PAF requirements. This has been stated by the PAF Air Chief on numerous occasions. The PAF does not have the funds to induct and then maintain a huge number of heavy weight interceptors. Moreover, the PAF cannot buy the J-11B as it is a pirated version of the Su-27/30MKK, and Russia will raise a stink at the very least. I doubt China would sell it to the PAF, but I hope I am wrong.

At the same time, I completely agree that the JF-17 in its currently form will be outclassed by a Su-30MKI. Maybe the JF-17 Block 2, with a larger/longer range radar and better thrust to weight ratio can take it on. However, the question then is why is the PAF investing money to upgrade the JF-17 to make it more versatile, when they could simply buy the J-10B instead.

Moreover, I am a bit surprised that the IAF has had the Su-30 for over a decade, and the PAF has not inducted anything to match it. Take care.
PAF is soo sure that an Indo-pak war would never break in the first place..leave alone countering SU30MKI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom