What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id love to see Pakistan doing a joint venture with th french........Just pay em money theyl do anything.........Dig the coal mines sell some coal worth a few billion$, problem solved

Its not so easy to do a JV with a country lyk France ,firstly i dun thnk they will be intrested in a JV as they are self sufficient, happy with doin it alone and having enough budget fo their defence industry plus they are far more experienced than our engineers, they dun even do major JV with other european countires although they are a part of european union forget about Pakistan and fortunately or luckily if they would want to then dun forget dun have that much money to do a joint venture with France

567a8b3a888d60d9dfcc681b8e838ace.jpg

no 26 squadron have A5c in service and their role is ground attack and CAS......so we can say that the first squad of jf-17 will perform the same role, rite?
man i thought we could have our first BVR capable aircraft but it seems like we still have to wait!!!

PLAAF has decided to acquire 150 FC-1s to replace its aging A-5s and J-7s. It passed the design appraisal in December last year after a series of successful guided and unguided air-ground weapon trials. We will soon see the first FC-1 in Chinese colors !

PLAAF has decided to acquire 150 FC-1s to replace its aging A-5s and J-7s. It passed the design appraisal in December last year after a series of successful guided and unguided air-ground weapon trials. We will soon see the first FC-1 in Chinese colors !

Thats wonderful news nabil. I had always wanted PLAAF to inducted some birds in their arsenal, reasons being export and also development of new technologies in terms of JF-17.

Sorry nabil but could you provide a source for your statement. This is a significant development as induction into Chinese AF means that the price will come down per unit. Also induction by PLAAF will mean a continuing interest in the development of JF17. Thirdly, it may also mean that WS13 may be just round the corner(my hunch)
Araz

Id love to see Pakistan doing a joint venture with th french........Just pay em money theyl do anything.........Dig the coal mines sell some coal worth a few billion$, problem solved

Think this one through and you will begin to see the flaws in it.
PAy them with what when you have to have a loan to induct 42 of YOUR fighters.
Secondly, rafale is not selling, why do you think they will shoot themselves in the foot by having another JV with its own costs. Thirdly , the french have been notorious in being Con artists , they might make you a plane but charge you through the nose for spares!! i gather one of the belts of Mirage 3 available in a local market for 5-10 Rupees was being bought from France for 4000Rs. Indian costs of upgrade of The M2000(41Million) is another mute point to consider.
Araz

no 26 squadron have A5c in service and their role is ground attack and CAS......so we can say that the first squad of jf-17 will perform the same role, rite?
man i thought we could have our first BVR capable aircraft but it seems like we still have to wait!!!

Current Sq od JF17 is designed for A2 A role and will be performing just that. A5c will continue with their a2G till they are retired
Araz

This is breaking news, if it's true (as you can judge from our esteemed member araz's reaction). This is the type of news that absolutely must be attached to a credible source. Far too often, we get people claiming "inside information" or "reliable blogposts" as a source. If the Chinese decide to induct the JF-17, it will be great news for Pakistan in many ways (as highlighted by araz).

Therefore, please provide a source.

There's news of Egypt negotiating for a fighter "in cooperation with a foreign party". This was said by Chairman Arab Production, Lt. Gen. Hamdi Wuhaiba, who said

"Defense Ministry was convinced that local production of such an aircraft would accommodate the requirements of the armed forces at a competitive price and with advanced technology."

EGYPT NEGOTIATING PRODUCTION OF LOCAL FIGHTER PLANE | Brunei NEWS, Brunei HEADLINES from Brunei fm

Can't think of any other fighter. If true, that would be wonderful for JF-17 as it would not only mean reduced costs but also much more prospects for future enhancement.

mean_bird..if its true that FC-1 local production later on in Egypt which mean most of the inventory will be replaced by FC-1 (mirage V/F-7/Mig-21)around 150-160 of them that's a huge success for China-Pakistan in terms of sales..

Sorry nabil but could you provide a source for your statement. This is a significant development as induction into Chinese AF means that the price will come down per unit. Also induction by PLAAF will mean a continuing interest in the development of JF17. Thirdly, it may also mean that WS13 may be just round the corner(my hunch)
Araz

This is breaking news, if it's true (as you can judge from our esteemed member araz's reaction). This is the type of news that absolutely must be attached to a credible source. Far too often, we get people claiming "inside information" or "reliable blogposts" as a source. If the Chinese decide to induct the JF-17, it will be great news for Pakistan in many ways (as highlighted by araz).

Therefore, please provide a source.

Here are several news sources on the FC-1 having passed design apparaisal - it does not say what its fate will be with the PLAAF: Google

Even if the #26 Sdrn is A2G and the JF-17 are tasted with anti-ground role, they will have a secondary air defence capability and I believe they will have the SD-10s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom