What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again this can't be the reason, because if PAF would fear sanctions, they would buy higher numbers of the sanction prove package, but PAF is doing the direct opposite with buying twice the numbers of JF with western parts. Of course France might be more reliable than others, but the most sanctionprove solution remains to be Chinese and all other western possibilities would only increase the risk during sanctions.

No IceCold, PAF is clearly looking to increase the quality of JF 17 by getting more customized JF 17s, even if they have to take a higher risk during sanction times and that clearly speaks against the quality of Chinese parts.

PAF has made sure that any electronic systems be it radar, avionics, etc accept armament must be build in Pakistan under TOT. So in case of war PAF wont rely on any foreigner suppliers for spare parts. Same strategy has been applied by the Indians, prime example are Dhruv and LCA.

:lol:

So if Russian avionics are so superior then why did India rejected Russian avionic suites for Su-30 and ran to Isreal and Frenchies for "Superior" avionics? :pop:
Buddy specially indians live in a huge huge GLASS HOUSE.

well going for isreali doesnt make russians inferior especially 2 chinese.

russians are good but isreali is better.

wheres the concept of glass house comes when u have such a high defence spending .;)

Yup try twisting the words when your glass house has been shattered.
well going for isreali doesnt make russians inferior especially 2 chinese.
Ironically in your very own post you have labeled Isreali technology as "superior" then Russian as "inferior".
russians are good but isreali is better.

wheres the concept of glass house comes when u have such a high defence spending .;)
SO the glass house does not apply to those who have "high defense spending". :lol:

:lol:

So if Russian avionics are so superior then why did India rejected Russian avionic suites for Su-30 and ran to Isreal and Frenchies for "Superior" avionics? :pop:
Buddy specially indians live in a huge huge GLASS HOUSE.

The only significant "western" avionics are the Israeli jammers which are regarded as some of the best and targetting pod.

The only significant "western" avionics are the Israeli jammers which are regarded as some of the best and targetting pod.

And what makes Sniper pods and ALQ jammer pods inferior or insignificant to IAI systems? or did you mean to say IAI Jammers are better then Russians once for Su-30?

And what makes Sniper pods and ALQ jammer pods inferior or insignificant to IAI systems? or did you mean to say IAI Jammers are better then Russians once for Su-30?

Yes Israeli jammer are likely better than Russian ones or atleast they were. I also said jammers and targetting pods were sagnificant. Remember the Indians defeated the F-15 using the SU-30 not the SU-30mki, the original SU-30 was good but the MKI is better.

Yes Indian jammer are likely better than Russian ones or atleast they were. I also said jammers and targetting pods were sagnificant. Remember the Indians defeated the F-15 using the SU-30 not the SU-30mki, the original SU-30 was good but now it's better.

Jesus Christ.

Which "Indian" jammers are you talking about?
The Cope India 2004 was a joke. 4 degraded F-15s with average pilots limited to 30 km radius with limited strike range capability of AMRAAM to only 25 KM vs 14 IAF planes all at once with full freedom.
The Americans agreed to this term only because they could use this propaganda to convince their congress for more F-22 orders.
Some how I get this feeling that you are a Indian Student in Russia.

No need to drag F-15 vs Su-30 meaning cope-india 2004 in JF-17 related thread.

The MKI is a beast.

It has been developed to dominate the sky In a indo/pak Context.

Only the 18 new F16 block 52S COME CLOSE giving the mki pilot a major headache.

UNTIL THE J10s arrive in 2014

Jesus Christ.

Which "Indian" jammers are you talking about?
The Cope India 2004 was a joke. 4 degraded F-15s with average pilots limited to 30 km radius with limited strike range capability of AMRAAM to only 25 KM vs 14 IAF planes all at once with full freedom.
The Americans agreed to this term only because they could use this propaganda to convince their congress for more F-22 orders.
Some how I get this feeling that you are a Indian Student in Russia.

No need to drag F-15 vs Su-30 meaning cope-india 2004 in JF-17 related thread.

I meant to say Israeli jammer but i fixed it a long time ago, as for the exercise, its been years since i read up on it so my memory isn't good but i will read up later on and see how true the said facts are, in the last excercise an American pilots said that the SU-30 was slightly better than US legacy fighters, and no i'm not Indian.

And i agree that there is no need to bring up cope-India but it was just an example.

Last edited:
Yes Israeli jammer are likely better than Russian ones or atleast they were. I also said jammers and targetting pods were sagnificant. Remember the Indians defeated the F-15 using the SU-30 not the SU-30mki, the original SU-30 was good but the MKI is better.

Again a myth started by our very own Indian friends that Israeli Jammers are simply the best. What have they been tested against that you have reached this conclusion? Have they been employed against an equally good adversary that employs similar ECM, and please Syrians dont count. Israel is not the only country that has mastered the technology of ECM/ECCM, there are other players in this field too my friend.

Cope India is 2004 is certinely not a good comparision; F15's with amateur pilots going against the most experienced Indian pilots, your technology is as good as your pilot is my friend. Certinely after the results were published, USAF made their case infront of the Congress and funding for F22/F35 was increased.

Enter Red Flag in 2008, experienced USAF pilots flying their legacy aircrafts take on the MKI and what are the results? The MKI got hammered over and over again by the F15's and F16's to the point where Indian pilots refused to go 1 on 1.

The MKI is a beast.

It has been developed to dominate the sky In a indo/pak Context.

Only the 18 new F16 block 52S COME CLOSE giving the mki pilot a major headache.

UNTIL THE J10s arrive in 2014

Yup what a beast; a flying elephant in the sky with those big a** engines which increases its heat signature by a ten fold and an RCS which would be comparable to a truck. Indeed MKI is a "God's Gift to Aviation", superior to even the F22's and F35's :lol:.

Its certinely developed to dominate the skies of the subcontinent, Post Mumbai an Armed MKI tries to cross the border over Kashmir and within minutes is locked on by an F16 :lol:. Trust me if it was designed to rule the skies of subcontinent, it would have crossed the border Post Mumbai. I know I know, facts and logic are irrelevant so lets use our nationalistic pride :hitwall:

Again a myth started by our very own Indian friends that Israeli Jammers are simply the best. What have they been tested against that you have reached this conclusion? Have they been employed against an equally good adversary that employs similar ECM, and please Syrians dont count. Israel is not the only country that has mastered the technology of ECM/ECCM, there are other players in this field too my friend.

Cope India is 2004 is certinely not a good comparision; F15's with amateur pilots going against the most experienced Indian pilots, your technology is as good as your pilot is my friend. Certinely after the results were published, USAF made their case infront of the Congress and funding for F22/F35 was increased.

Enter Red Flag in 2008, experienced USAF pilots flying their legacy aircrafts take on the MKI and what are the results? The MKI got hammered over and over again by the F15's and F16's to the point where Indian pilots refused to go 1 on 1.

In case you missed it the same American pilot that was poking jokes at Indian pilots stated that Israeli jammers made it almost impossible to track the Indians, he is also the same guy that said the SU-30 was better than US legacy fighters. An Indian source also said that 70% of MKI pilots that participated were new or atleast new to the mki. There was also restrictions on Indian pilots, further the TVC was switched off.

You also never answered my question in the other thread, when did the JF-17 have DAS?

In case you missed it the same American pilot that was poking jokes at Indian pilots stated that Israeli jammers made it almost impossible to track the Indians, he is also the same guy that said the SU-30 was better than US legacy fighters. An Indian source also said that 70% of MKI pilots that participated were new or atleast new to the mki. There was also restrictions on Indian pilots, further the TVC was switched off.

The same guy made millions of indian P1ssed off because he was being harsh on IAF.

I meant to say Israeli jammer but i fixed it a long time ago, as for the exercise, its been years since i read up on it so my memory isn't good but i will read up later on and see how true the said facts are, in the last excercise an American pilots said that the SU-30 was slightly better than US legacy fighters, and no i'm not Indian.

And i agree that there is no need to bring up cope-India but it was just an example.

And I thought Only MKI uses Isreali jammers not the basic version of SU-30MK.
Btw how is this related to JF-17?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom