What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the JF-17 been delivered? How many? Whats the progress? Sorry for asking these, i tried going back several pages of this thread but couldnt find any.

we are evaluating ten of them, the two are those which we saw on the 23 march flypast and eight more, currently they are being evaluated by the PAF and weapon and avionics integration is being carried out! hope to see the first squadron fully operational and combat ready by the first quatar of 2009 that is in March-April

:pakistan:

I heard Peshawar's A-5s squardon is the first in line to be replaced by new JF17s. Is that true?

I mean the ones we are getting in March are going to replace/Add into A-5s in Peshawar or they will also be for testing?

no this is the news in air so far! they will be operational nad combat ready planes!!

JF 17 gogogogogogogogogogogogoggogogogogogogogogogo and destroy alll of the skies of south east asia

Sorry if this video has been posted before, but I think its quite cool and I must say the cockpit looks quite cool and modern.

:pakistan: :china:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok guys two things i want to know...firstly i read on BHARAT RACHSHAK sorry but i do go 2 it just to make my blood boil....well i just want to know what is the major diffrence in the JF-17 DSI and the DSI of F-35 because dumies out there seem to think that JF's DSI gives it more weight makes it a slower plane and also i dunno god knows what else....well curiosity killed the cat and i am out here asking what is the major diffrence between the two fighters DSI....

Ok guys two things i want to know...firstly i read on BHARAT RACHSHAK sorry but i do go 2 it just to make my blood boil....well i just want to know what is the major diffrence in the JF-17 DSI and the DSI of F-35 because dumies out there seem to think that JF's DSI gives it more weight makes it a slower plane and also i dunno god knows what else....well curiosity killed the cat and i am out here asking what is the major diffrence between the two fighters DSI....

lolz looks like the dumbs on BR are flying both JSF and JF17 as well :rofl:.
my friend, Its nothing but just a bull **** propaganda against Thunder. I didn't see any increase in weight of plane after addition of LEX & DSI. with these additions, subsonic and supersonic performance of plane is increased. PT-01, PT-02 & PT-03 have max speed of Mach 1.6 where as redesigned PT-04 have max speed upto mach 1.8. is this what they call a slow plane? they are dumber than I thought:crazy:

Reactions: Zob
lolz looks like the dumbs on BR are flying both JSF and JF17 as well :rofl:.
my friend, Its nothing but just a bull **** propaganda against Thunder. I didn't see any increase in weight of plane after addition of LEX & DSI. with these additions, subsonic and supersonic performance of plane is increased. PT-01, PT-02 & PT-03 have max speed of Mach 1.6 where as redesigned PT-04 have max speed upto mach 1.8. is this what they call a slow plane? they are dumber than I thought:crazy:

Infact if i remember correctly DSI intakes actually increased the overall performance and the speed of the jet from mach 1.6 to 1.8. Indians just don't seem to give it up.:disagree:

Some one tell me that how JF17 would get out of the range of BVR missile
as it is under power
No emotional comments only facts plz

DSI (divertless supersonic intakes) is a new technology (first used in the late 90s or early 2000)....that is designed for air intakes for supersonic fighter jets so they do not have to make use of variable-geometry.

The reason it is done is because at supersonic speed, when a jet makes a turn, the air intakes need to adjust their geometry to allow the inflow of air to the engines. With DSI, you do not need moving parts because DSI allows for air intakes at supersonic speed. Therefore, using DSI you end up reducing weight of the plane (because you do not need the moving parts).

DSI also shows (during a test on F-16s) better performance in the subsonic flight.

DSI also hides the blades of the engine, which are a major reflector of radar waves, hence significantly reducing the RCS of the plane.

Its is a technically advanced concept...one that was not invented when the F-22 was made... and in use only the F-35 and JF-17. Anyone saying DSI increases weight knows nothing about DSI and is rather shouting "sour grapes".

as it is under power

I think you might want to rephrase the question...or maybe I didn't get it. The "range" of a BVR missile is the distance it can travel when fired. For a plane to be "out of range of a BVR missile", it has to stay farther than this distance irrespective of whether its an F-22 or a Mig21.

Or did you mean to ask how to evade an incoming BVR missile? in which case there are many tricks like flares, jamming, counter measures, pilot maneuvering of the plane. You cannot outrun a missile because they are faster than all existing fighter jets, but you can trick them.

It also depends on the agility of the missile not to mention that BVR missiles do not have a 100 percentage kill ratio unless fired from a closer range known as "no escape zone" where the kill ratio is really high.

If none of this is your answer, please rephrase the question.

I think you might want to rephrase the question...or maybe I didn't get it. The "range" of a BVR missile is the distance it can travel when fired. For a plane to be "out of range of a BVR missile", it has to stay farther than this distance irrespective of whether its an F-22 or a Mig21.

Or did you mean to ask how to evade an incoming BVR missile? in which case there are many tricks like flares, jamming, counter measures, pilot maneuvering of the plane. You cannot outrun a missile because they are faster than all existing fighter jets, but you can trick them.

It also depends on the agility of the missile not to mention that BVR missiles do not have a 100 percentage kill ratio unless fired from a closer range known as "no escape zone" where the kill ratio is really high.

If none of this is your answer, please rephrase the question.

There is a major differance,,, the radar signature of the F22 is about that of a marble,,,the radar signature of a Mig 21 is about that of an automobile...a missile has to lock on and stay locked on......and not mistake a F22 for a pigon.

as it is under power

Hi,

F 14 tomcat was considered to be under powered---it had a good run---the Phantom was no ferrari---it did great---. Mig 25 was the LAMBROGHINI of them all---it did outrun the missiles launched at it by the israelis.

Now even if the JF 17 has an overpowered engine---it still cannot outrun a present day missile.

There is a major differance,,, the radar signature of the F22 is about that of a marble,,,the radar signature of a Mig 21 is about that of an automobile...a missile has to lock on and stay locked on......and not mistake a F22 for a pigon.

I am well aware of the RCS of F-22. I was talking from a different perspective, because the question was (if i understood correctly) how to dodge a missile once its fired at you.

Surely the F-22 has a very small RCS, and also employs some sophisticated electronics too. Even ordinary planes with a very advanced jammer might cause some problems to have a missile lock (depends on the radar).

as it is under power

as far as i have understood the question you mean to say that when a missile is fired at the JF17 how can it run away from it!!

this is not the case,, no fighter jet is able to outrun the missile, all that can be done is to trick them by using falres or different jamming equipment,

the next part of the problem may be that how can it engage a BVR capable plane if it can never come close to it! the answer, it is siimple, the JF17 is itself is BVR capable so it will all come to the tactics!!!!

i wish it helps you
:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom