What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think that pakistan must give up f-16,,even if they are offered pakistan must reject them coze it have been lot of years since the americans are dogging us

when ever aircraft inductions plans are floated, americans offer the f16 ut when paksitan accepts them they never give it to us
planes were finalised and then they said that NO YOU CANNOT GET THE PLANES MAY BE WE CAN UPGRADE SOME OF YOURS and that thing too is now being delayed!!
se now

nice assessment friend, but do u think Pakistan is gonna revise its F-16 programm now? I think it will take good amount of time for PAF to get away from their dearest fighting falcon.

well dear i know its quite tough decision but better tkae it now rather waiting till 2010 and then most probably facing another delay in the deleivery of the planes!!

what do you say??

and
also in the light of the claims that rank j10 among the newer f16 it seems a possible choice,

for me the only edge f16 have is that it have been tested and trailed in vast scenarios while j10 is new and thus not that reliable but on paper its is good to F16z thus why not take a daring step rather than waiting to be bitten once more!!

yeah if u ask a simple Pakistani walking on the street about the friendship and strategic partnership between Pakistan and USA, he will answer in pessimistic way. I am too in the favor of having a fighter jet with TOT which can be upgraded further. But things dont change quickly as one may think. Be optimistic, PAF will sort out their inventory problem.

I pray they do so....

JF-17 Thunder Multi-role Fighter - Current Modification in progress, but do know when they will come in production, basically flaps, leading edge flaps, , all moving parts on wings and tail etc. + 2 under intakes , 1 each hard point , my estimate 200-250kg max weight perhaps to carry pods or maybe 500lb bombs such as MK82, in past it was said that weight reduction of ~200kg may be more due to it so empty weight will come close to ~6000kg may be less, so does normal take off < 9000 KG ~8800Kg

Attachments

• JF-17 Modification in progress.jpg
    JF-17 Modification in progress.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
very true khanasifm,,

there are some modifications taking under place,,

perhaps PAF is evaluating the plane in different mode like ground attack or sea borne mission in order to replace the mirages!!

thats why some changes are being made,,,,

PAF has had the idea o have he f16 as a bonus, now they ecen do no longer expect them. If afer a few years the Americans are still trying to sort out under which conditions the block52 should be deliverd then there is a big shame for the deal. I think some finance is already shifted from F16 towards JF16 upgrade and fc20 options. With these kind of good weather friendship from the US you can be sure that there is a storm on every corner.

Some leaders of some countries simply refuse to learn from the history and perhaps Pakistan is the best example of those states. Any thinking person will not waste precious time after a wicked friend but Pakistan does. When Pakistan should be investing all its resources and time in successfully concluding the JF-17 project, it has embarked on foolish adventure to acquire some F-16s from an ally which has on so many occasions betrayed Pakistan. What could be more tragic than this ?

Some leaders of some countries simply refuse to learn from the history and perhaps Pakistan is the best example of those states. Any thinking person will not waste precious time after a wicked friend but Pakistan does. When Pakistan should be investing all its resources and time in successfully concluding the JF-17 project, it has embarked on foolish adventure to acquire some F-16s from an ally which has on so many occasions betrayed Pakistan. What could be more tragic than this ?

I'll have to agree to this but the main reason is not that Pakistan or its people dont want to get rid of the US but the GOP and this by the way is a real shame.:tsk:

True indeed well said :tup:

I'll have to agree to this but the main reason is not that Pakistan or its people dont want to get rid of the US but the GOP and this by the way is a real shame.:tsk:

ice could you update us in other threads how is Gen.Kiyani's relations going with China plus has he taken any steps to take advantage of the new geo-political stratagy which if managed propperly can surely result into a strong & new Russia/Pak ties Imo

well thats exactly the point that i and
munir-think tank
have mentioned

why to be bitten at the same place from the same hole twice or rather many more times

the relations with america had been tested for many many years and sadly they proved to be of no good to us,,,

but there is one problem,,,

we can get every thing from countries other than america but then where o get aid to buy these thing

so for this pakistan need to be determined enough,,it will be a slow process but it will work wonders!!

what about the attack helicopters??? here we do not have anyother choice so what to do???

These deals with America are more political than out of defense necessity. It allows the US to think it still has sway in the region and in Pakistan. Well with the US offering India top of the line fighters, I believe that era is over and Pakistan should move on, as US holds less and less sway in the world and the region and their products aren't the best anymore and come at tremendous cost both financially and politically.

JF-17 is a great start, all other incoming fighter planes should come with ToT or no deal.

Turkey has some newer block F-16's maybe we can take a look at them and incorporate some of their features on future JF-17's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom