What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it's still not very clear what exactly it's role is. I doubt highly that it's just a point defense fighter .

But it's multi role , interceptor or air superiority is still not apparent.

BTW , if 8 aircrafts have been handed over to PAF then when will they be properly deployed into the force. I've varying versions on that and how they will be delivered further.

So it's still not very clear what exactly it's role is. I doubt highly that it's just a point defense fighter .

BTW , if 8 aircrafts have been handed over to PAF then when will they be properly deployed into the force. I've varying versions on that and how they will be delivered further.

i dont know what u r trying to prove - the 8 a/c are assigned to a TEF (Test & Evaluation Flight) and are undergoing rigourous testing under all conditions and all types of weapons. this is quite common when inducting a new weapons platform. if all goes well the 1st JF-17 squadron will be operational by April-09. after all IAF's LCA has been under evaluation for what - going on 20 years!

It is not a point defence fighter...

How come the first squadron wil replace a5? How come they are busy with testing a2g weapons?

Based on what do you conclude that...?

Every day I am amazed by the quality of conclusions :)

What do you expect it to do more as of now other then a point defence fighter. 3800 kg is hardly enough of a payload to be deployed in an effective bomber role.

What do you expect it to do more as of now other then a point defence fighter. 3800 kg is hardly enough of a payload to be deployed in an effective bomber role.

dude JF-17 payload is twice as much as a-5 which is suppose to be replaced so is a-5 a point defence fighter? it better be not!

They are working on it ;)
right now, JF17s dont have datalink capability with Erieye or Link 16 thats why PAF is getting KJ-200.

I thought that the KJ-200 was suppose to be for the FC-20 due to the fact that the Swedish Goverment doesn't want to share technologies with our Chinese allies. Other then that the JF-17 should be compatable with the Saab 2000. Unless PAF wants to split it in a way where all western aircrafts go with the Saab system and the Pakistani and Chinese systems with the KJ-200.

Any comments?

I thought that the KJ-200 was suppose to be for the FC-20 due to the fact that the Swedish Goverment doesn't want to share technologies with our Chinese allies. Other then that the JF-17 should be compatable with the Saab 2000. Unless PAF wants to split it in a way where all western aircrafts go with the Saab system and the Pakistani and Chinese systems with the KJ-200.

Any comments?

my simple qes wich system will shear link-16 with jf-17.and as we know today 1st saab 200 enter in service and we also gett kj-200 so wich one we use for jf-17?

dude JF-17 payload is twice as much as a-5 which is suppose to be replaced so is a-5 a point defence fighter? it better be not!

I havent commented anything as far as its comparision with the A-5. I only said that its role for now will be a point defence fighter as 3800kg of pay load is not sufficent to be an effective bomber. Other wise why do you think work has been going on to increase the hard points.
There are other things that needs to be put into account for example the amount of fuel that it can carry and needed to effectively carry out a bombing run and fight its way back home safely. Also to fight its way back it will need A2A missiles as well.
So i dont see it as to how it will be placed into an effective bombing role as of now. IMO the F-16s and the J-10 will be used for that purpose while JF-17 will be used to reinforce them. This is however my opinion and you can differ with that.

Lets make it simple for people like you who don't know much about MR, Interceptor or Air Sup.
JF-17 will be All weather multi role Interceptor in a nut shell.
Now lets talk about its weight capabilities I mean PAYLOAD and HARD POINTS.
A fighter needs 4 hard points so it can carry 4 Advanced Medium-Range Air-to-Air Missile plus 2 sidewinders. Now a fighter doesn't need more Hard points because we have more than one way to take care off if the fighters needs more AMMO like Bunker Busters you can name a 1000 different things Including Sniper Pods, PAF has been using Sniper pods since 1990, now they got the latest, I thing they are XR version. Let me show you how we do that and we still do that on our Mirages its just people haven't seen them.
9789ede67431a48607d675be50d5fc36.jpg

44ea283f6535bb30fce4718d2fadd8c4.jpg

that ok with the eight planes handed over to paf but still they do not have active duty status and also i dont think that any new planes are in production line

there were rumors that pakistan have some what lost intrest in this project after the availability of J-10z

Can Pakistan afford the J-10's right now , besides these are only rumors.

I would have though JF-17 thunder MRCA would be inducted in greater numbers under TOT but only 8 are in PAF as of now is a bit of a surprise to me , the thunder on the looks of it is a very capable aircraft , fitted with up to date avionics .

Why would PAF not want to induct in greater no.s especially when there is little news regarding J-10 export.

FC-20 is budgeted for 2010/11 according to ACM Tanveer so its not a rumor.

I would have though JF-17 thunder MRCA would be inducted in greater numbers under TOT but only 8 are in PAF as of now is a bit of a surprise to me , the thunder on the looks of it is a very capable aircraft , fitted with up to date avionics .
Thunder programme with 150 firm orders is running full pace on schedule with first roll out planned for Spring 2009. Total number may go beyond 250 by 2017.

Why would PAF not want to induct in greater no.s especially when there is little news regarding J-10 export.
There's a need for heavier MRCA with higher payload and range, FC-20 fits ideal for that role. Diversity in frontline fighters is part of PAF's doctrine, never put all eggs in one basket.

Last edited:

the production rate is 20-25 a/c per year, so whats your hurry mate! going to a wedding!

Salam,
I think always from start that PAC/CAC is not giving right specs of JF-17 i mean people sayin that it totally specified but i didn't think so coz they had 2 keep some secrecy for the customers so that their enemy wouldn't know it like it might have with RD-93 :
Payload : 4500kg
speed : 1.9 Mach
Range : 3500km coz it has much wider fuserlage than F-16 2 acomodate more fuel,which can go 3900km.
plz don't regret my specs try 2 think n then ans it

ya surely its in programe and will be inducted by
I
would have though JF-17 thunder MRCA would be inducted in greater numbers under or so!!only 8 are in PAF as of now is a bit of a surprise to me , the thunder on the looks of it is a very capable aircraft , fitted with up to date avionics .
thats very true that JF-17 is going to be the major force for paf as it will be supporting j10z and other planes and will be inducted in numbers,,, are planned

i was only stating that the system is not operational yet

they may be evaluating its performance in different scenarios,,

i only learnt from a source that pakistani authorities were going for j10 immediatly after there appearance but the chines made us have jf17 first as heavy investments were involved by both countries and also coz j10 will be more costly so will be bought in limited numbers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom