What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
70966f5f4f8c9fd604d0d8fda68ca803.jpg

JF-17 Midair Refueling Probe​

70966f5f4f8c9fd604d0d8fda68ca803.jpg

JF-17 Midair Refueling Probe​

This is the same retractable refueling probe that the Gripen uses and was demonstrated in IDEAS07.Is this confirmed?
Araz

Why is it 3 written on it? is this the pic of the third prototype with modified nose being fitted to it?

Yes 03 stands for prototype No. 3.

and this is not the modified nose.

I have two questions about JF-17.

1. Can it carry BVR missiles on wingtip?
2. Isnt it too late to be talking about engine replacement as JF-17 is in production stage now?

I have two questions about JF-17.

1. Can it carry BVR missiles on wingtip?
2. Isnt it too late to be talking about engine replacement as JF-17 is in production stage now?

1. Not currently I believe
2. JF-17 will come in different tranches, anything is upgradeable.

I believe JF-17 is capable of carrying BVR missiles, not on wing tips though.

Engine replacement is difficult to achieve unless one finds engine with similar characteristics. Changing engine requires modifications to the aircraft which are not simple and can also change cost of the aircraft. Since JF-17 is in initial stage and PAF is not particularly impressed with Russian engine therefore a replacement engine is being sourced. Depending upon availability final production model might have it. Otherwise Russian engine is there and shall be used.

Engine replacement is difficult to achieve unless one finds engine with similar characteristics. Changing engine requires modifications to the aircraft which are not simple and can also change cost of the aircraft. Since JF-17 is in initial stage and PAF is not particularly impressed with Russian engine therefore a replacement engine is being sourced. Depending upon availability final production model might have it. Otherwise Russian engine is there and shall be used.

dude... JF17 is specially designed to take on multiple types of engines...

changing the engine would require major changes in the internal plumbing of the a/c.

changing the engine would require major changes in the internal plumbing of the a/c.
I doubt that it needs huge changes... They have F16 with engine a or engine b but it does not mean huge changes... You have fuel, electric control and that is pretty much it... Whether this goes here or there does not make huge impact. It is more about air inflow... That does make the whole project possible or not...

F-16 was designed keeping two engines in mind. The customer could pick either, and the two engines are highly similar in external shape and size.

So if JF-17 was deliberately designed for some engines, then it would work, else it would require changes.

You dont design an engine based on a plane, you design a plane based on the engine.

F-16 was designed keeping two engines in mind. The customer could pick either, and the two engines are highly similar in external shape and size.

So if JF-17 was deliberately designed for some engines, then it would work, else it would require changes.

You dont design an engine based on a plane, you design a plane based on the engine.

Often misquoted... If you do not have any options then you design plane based on available engines but normal it is the otherway around. You have certain goals... You design a plane... Then you need a certain engine.

Example... Tornado. They needed long range intercept, high speed and bvr. The designed tornado and built the engines. Same goes for EF2000, Rafale, JSF, F22... Or can you prove that they started with an engine and designed a plane? :)

As you sugest and many times posted... JF17 is designed to accept multiple types of engines... Hardly a news. Even the avionics are separate cycle... I do not see why we have to repeat "if" part.

About F16... You do know that they even added J79 in F16? It was clearly not fitting into the plane so they added more length... Don't tell me that it will take headache to do that in JF17... Just look at the pic please...

We even have RD33 in Mirage f1... Just read some parts here

http://www.mirage4fs.com/preview3.html

I agree you cannot put PW220 into JF17 just like the fact that JF17 wil not to well with the SU27 engine... But rising eyebrows if we tell that JF17 can handle other comparable engines is not a real question nor a big if.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom