What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice video clips!

It basically tells the story how Pakistan and China came together to develop JF-17. This is very much known to all.

Clip 3 and 4 give some people's opinions. In short:

1st generation: around sonic speed. Mig-15
2nd generation: 2-3 time of sound speed. J-7, Mig-21
3rd generation: no more speed because dog fighting is normally subsonic; rather it emphasizes low or mid altitude aero-dynamics. F-16, Mig-29, Su-27
4th generation: stealthy plus aero-dynamics. F-22

If compared technically item by item, JF-17 can not completely match existing standard 3rd generation in every aspect. In general, it can be called quasi-3rd generation. It achieves combined capability of 3rd generation, providing capability to compete in modern air war fair with a superior quality/price ratio. JF-17 is comparable with F-16A/B. It is not meant for offensive deep penetration strike. It is meant for low altitude strike...

I think my dear you are to short of the new concept and the Fighter news or you just did not beleive that JF-17 is going better and better completting his phase of testing. i read your earlier posts also in this also your comments are not compair to the current indutry news and also i belive that you are more anti to The Pakistan defence news.
Next time please be care full when you post any thing anti Pakistan.
Regards,:pakistan:

I think my dear you are to short of the new concept and the Fighter news or you just did not beleive that JF-17 is going better and better completting his phase of testing. i read your earlier posts also in this also your comments are not compair to the current indutry news and also i belive that you are more anti to The Pakistan defence news.
Next time please be care full when you post any thing anti Pakistan.
Regards,:pakistan:

I think you have not understood what he has written. Please engage brain before posting. Everyone has stated that the current setup is similar to the Blk 15. Avionics upgrades will improve it. But it will not make it a F-22.

This is not "anti pakistan" and bear in mind that G-pit I believe is of Chinese descent. If he were to insult the JF-17 he would be insulting Chinese efforts as well.

To qaisar,

None of the comments are my view, much less anti- or pro-.

These are just a short summery of different people's opinions in the long vedio clips. Just try to answer IpOoOnU’s call.

I admire your patriotism, nonetheless.

To Keysersoze,

Thanks.

gpit,

Just a little question.

Why does China doesn't follow the international generation standards for the fighter jets. I mean why one number behind?

gpit,

Just a little question.

Why does China doesn't follow the international generation standards for the fighter jets. I mean why one number behind?

Very good question!

There are number of people talking about the same on Chinese forums.

I'd like to blindly guess that this is probably because they want to stick to their own stuff, and they'd been cut off from external world militarily for a long while: first US, then Soviet Union. Maybe other Chinese can contribute to this question.

JF-17 uses the powerplant of Mig-29 called RD-33 and some days ago we discussed its smoke problem.

The latest version of RD-33 powerplant called RD-33MK adresses this problem and is smokeless. Reportedly, this engine has even more power, 7% more. This latest version is being installed on Mig-29Ks and also those Mig-35 on offer to India as MRCA.

Keeping in view that the external dimensions of this engine would be the same as its early versions so as to fit in the same Mig-29, it can be installed in JF-17 without re-design of fuselage.

As per this forum that JF-17 is in low-rate initial production, I think the engine can be changed to newer version for mass production.

JF-17 uses the powerplant of Mig-29 called RD-33 and some days ago we discussed its smoke problem.

The latest version of RD-33 powerplant called RD-33MK adresses this problem and is smokeless. Reportedly, this engine has even more power, 7% more. This latest version is being installed on Mig-29Ks and also those Mig-35 on offer to India as MRCA.

Keeping in view that the external dimensions of this engine would be the same as its early versions so as to fit in the same Mig-29, it can be installed in JF-17 without re-design of fuselage.

As per this forum that JF-17 is in low-rate initial production, I think the engine can be changed to newer version for mass production.

Don't forget the Chinese engine WS 13 which may be fitted one day.

Yes thank you for bringing up the question. I was very much interested in discussing the possibility of refitting a two dimension vectoring engines for JF-17s only for later batch of 100, considering TVC engines needs alot of maintainense.
Is it possible to re modify RD-93 engine to TVC? And does the air-intake also needs to be modified in order for the airflow to keep smooth in tight maneuvers?
Considering how well IAF will be equipped with MKI and possibly with another super maneuverable fighter Mig-35, PAF really needs to neutralize this problem.

though this is not J-10 thread but would also like to know if FC-20 which is suppose to be more capable then J-10 and is their any possibility for a TVC engine on that?

AL-31FP "a candidate for Chinese J-10"

The new smokeless RD-33MK comes with an option of TVC, the buyer may or may not install it. You are right, some squadrons of JF-17 should use TVC, this shall create great confusion for opposition pilots and they would be guessing whether thats TVC or not.

Rather in a pair of JF-17s on combat mission, one should be TVC and other simple. The TVC shall handle all the extreme maneuvers and non-TVC, being light, shall be better in energy fighting like fast climbing, acceleration etc

Air Intakes usually dont need to be modified for TVC nozzles. Yes if a bigger engine like AL-31 of Su-27 (instead of RD-33) is to be installed, then air intakes need to be bigger to allow more air flow. But thats just not the modification of Intakes, the whole fuselage has to be modified due to different external dimensions.

This intake re-design (enlargement) is also the thinking of Dassault Aviation for the higher thrust M88-3 engines for Rafale.

Please engage brain before posting.
Dear Keyseroze, I think you should engage your brain with current stasis or with some Right calculation or information. No one is saying here that the Jf-17 is equal to F-22 but the progress as it is going is very much positive. The test flights are going fine. The Avionics system is great. So if the PAF is thinking JF-17 will be with them until year 2040 then defiantly they also plan for it.
Regarding your posts I saw so many times it is very much anti when it comes against Pakistan. I think Living in aboard will not give you the feeling of a man who live in Pakistan and his love for his country.

:pakistan:

Dear Keyseroze, I think you should engage your brain with current stasis or with some Right calculation or information. No one is saying here that the Jf-17 is equal to F-22 but the progress as it is going is very much positive. The test flights are going fine. The Avionics system is great. So if the PAF is thinking JF-17 will be with them until year 2040 then defiantly they also plan for it.
Regarding your posts I saw so many times it is very much anti when it comes against Pakistan. I think Living in aboard will not give you the feeling of a man who live in Pakistan and his love for his country.

lol.. take it easy man..
to be honest with you.. At current stage JF-17 is not such a great deal when comparing it with other 4th gen fighters. Its only role is to full fill the requirement of replacing old junk like mirage-3 F-7 and Q-5. How ever we must give it some time to mature who knows, eventually all strong fleet of 250 could be upgraded to block 52 standard.. Just in matter of years...

That I believe is the Mig-29M2. Nothing to do with Luftwaffe if I am not mistaken. ;)

MiG-29M2

I think maybe that Pakistan could do with a few more educators and a few less patriots like you. If you want to be treated with respect don't come on here and insult people with your stupidity simply because you a "patriot"

Remember at the end of the day a Patriot is simply a person who thinks his country is best because he lives in it.

That I believe is the Mig-29M2. Nothing to do with Luftwaffe if I am not mistaken. ;)

MiG-29M2

:oops:
Yes sir, I think my brain is getting flooded with too much information.
Any way thanks for the correction, self edited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom