What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
how many have been built so far ?

So far 4 A/C are deliverd to Pakistan and hope fully 4 more in the comming months and according to may studies in the end 2008 the mass production will be start in Pakistan .. :tup:

HeLLO ALL
PLEASE SEND ME YOUR'S EMAIL ADDRESS, SO I CAN EMAIL MANY SCANNED ARTICLE FROM DIFFRENT MILITARY MAGAZINES LIKE RUSSIAN PAK-FA, INDIAN AIR FORCE 75th ANNIVERSARY,PAF MINHAS, JF-17, PLUS MANY MANY MORE PLEASE EMAIL ME & I ADD YOU EMAIL ADDRESS IN MY NOTE BOOK M.ASIF AMIN KHAN super7fc1@yahoo.co.uk

Hi , I am a new member of defence.pk previously I came up as Atif Ali I think you people remember me ok. I wanted to tell you that the spec. which they gave are not exact like :
With RD-93A : 18300 lb with afterburn JF-17 has a payload of 3900kg(which is not right, it is about 4000kg) and max. level of speed at altitudes is Mach 1.8(which is right)
With RD-93B : 20130 lb with afterburn (With increased thrust of about 10%) which also has TVC and no smoke problem like with RD-93A JF-17 will have a payload of about 4400kg+(at least) which I think in the league of J-10 and max. level of speed at altitudes will be Mach 2.0+

ACM said in IDEA's 2006 that PAF will procure 300+ JF-17(4th generation jet) which will be locally built & some around 50+ twin seater JF-17s for advanced jet trainers. It will buy first 50 airframes from China not the full jet and it would manufacture around 25-30 jets per year for PAF and for exports also. In addition to that it has modified and tested the South African T-Darter medium-range, active radar-guided air-to-air missiles (AAM) into the H-4 BVR missile capable operating out to a reported distance of 65nm (120km). A lighter infra-red version, the H-2 was designed to hit targets out to 32nm (60km). H-2 and H-4 can be carried by Mirages and now JF-17s , J-10 & may be F-16s , with the former comparable to the Python 4 and the H-4 to the AA-12 Adder in the IAF arsenal which is really proud of. It has also ordered :

• 500 AIM-120C5 Advanced Medium Range Air-to-Air Missiles.
• 300 SD-10 Beyond-Visual-Range Air-to-Air Missiles.
• 200 AIM-9M-8/9 Within Visual Range Air-to-Air Missiles.
• 300 AIM-9M-1/2 Within Visual Range Air-to-Air Missiles.
• ??? PL-9C Within Visual Range Air-to-Air Missiles.
• 500 Joint Direct Attack Munition (air-to-surface).
• ??? Joint Stand-Off Weapon
• ??? Harpoon Block II Anti-Ship Missile
• 18 targeting pods.

It would enhanced its BVR like H-2 & H-4 through implementing the tech of SD-10 and AIM-120C5 very soon it would be inducted into PAF. JF-17 is capable of carrying variety of weaponary. Sometime ago PAF is lookin for gripen but some how it wasn't done coz of political problem but if you people are wise you can know that JF-17 is superior or same to gripens like :
JF-17A/B:
Payload: 4400+kg
Range: 3000Km
Max.speed: 2.0+Mach
Engine: RD-93B (20130 lb)
Which is far better than JAS-39C/D Gripen if even the cost is included.

I think after the intuduction of 36-40 j-10 / fc-20 , they might induct fc-20E/F in more nos. now they r lookin to more corrotion F-16s with upgrades

With RD-93B : 20130 lb with afterburn (With increased thrust of about 10%) which also has TVC and no smoke problem like with RD-93A JF-17 will have a payload of about 4400kg+(at least) which I think in the league of J-10 and max. level of speed at altitudes will be Mach 2.0+

Though few details are known about RD-93b but it wont be TVC that is for sure.

I think after the intuduction of 36-40 j-10 / fc-20 , they might induct fc-20E/F in more nos. now they r lookin to more corrotion F-16s with upgrades
From most indications, the FC-20 might be the modified J-10 - which is in the Eurofighter/Rafale league. Remember FC-20 will be among the last aircraft inducted into PAF (by 2015), and by then the 'modified/upgraded J-10' will be the only J-10 China would be producing.

PAF will be going AESA-standard. According to pshamim on PakDef, PAF and Lockheed Martin are studying the feasibility of integrating APG-80 AESA onto the Block-52+. PAF is using possible future purchase of more Block-52+ w/AESA as a bargaining chip. I guess this would include the optional 18 and perhaps 1-2 more squadrons.

AESA will go on the JF-17, perhaps as early as the 2nd batch. I expect PAF's 250 JF-17s to include a mix of various types. So most would be general multi-role fighters. We might have a number of two-seat ECM/EW types - similar to F-16D. We should be seeing two-seat trainers for LIFT and JF-17-conversion. In terms of other physical changes, we'll have to wait and see...but JF-17 was originally meant to be in the Gripen league, so we may return to that.

FC-20/upgraded J-10 will have AESA as well. Right now PAF is seeking 36 FC-20s, but that will likely increase in light of the IAF MRCA. I wouldn't be surprised if the oldest F-16A/Bs are replaced before 2019 by FC-20.

Regarding AWACS....I have a feeling this won't be KJ-200P (rotodome Y-8). Based on Erieye, the KJ-200P as well as assistance from China, Turkey, E.U - Pakistan might develop the AWACS itself. In fact, the Chinese media said Pakistan hoped to produce its own AEW system. Ideally at this point, PAF should be thinking along the lines of something in league of Gulfstream Phalcon. With all the procurements, this AWACS won't be coming for a while...and if it is KJ-200P, then that is not good. I could see a couple KJ-200Ps for development purposes, but I hope to see a Phalcon-Gulfstream equivalent by 2015.

From most indications, the FC-20 might be the modified J-10 - which is in the Eurofighter/Rafale league. Remember FC-20 will be among the last aircraft inducted into PAF (by 2015), and by then the 'modified/upgraded J-10' will be the only J-10 China would be producing.

PAF will be going AESA-standard. According to pshamim on PakDef, PAF and Lockheed Martin are studying the feasibility of integrating APG-80 AESA onto the Block-52+. PAF is using possible future purchase of more Block-52+ w/AESA as a bargaining chip. I guess this would include the optional 18 and perhaps 1-2 more squadrons.

AESA will go on the JF-17, perhaps as early as the 2nd batch. I expect PAF's 250 JF-17s to include a mix of various types. So most would be general multi-role fighters. We might have a number of two-seat ECM/EW types - similar to F-16D. We should be seeing two-seat trainers for LIFT and JF-17-conversion. In terms of other physical changes, we'll have to wait and see...but JF-17 was originally meant to be in the Gripen league, so we may return to that.

As far as APG 80 is concerned in my opinion US will not give APG 80 to Pakistan ... seeing is believing in this case.

AESA for JF-17 for second batch in 5 years or so is possible if French collaboration is increased.

SO far Pakistan Lacks in the are AESA, any idea when the first squardron of JF-17 is been completed with RD93

SO far Pakistan Lacks in the are AESA, any idea when the first squardron of JF-17 is been completed with RD93

The JF-17 would be the main workhorse of the PAF and probably complemented with J-10s and F-16s.

I am sure AESA would come in the near future through upgrades.

I want to correct 1 thing :
RD-93A : 18969 afterburn
RD-93B : 20865.9 after ( 10% increased thrust)
Payload : 4400+ / 4600 kg may be
speed : 2.0 ++ Mach

Nishan,

You mentioned that H-2 and H-4 are air to air missiles? What are your sources?

H-2 and H-4 are air-to-ground weapons. Not sure about H-2 however.

i think H-2 and H-4 are the type of cruise missile?? or not

I'll put my money on it that H2/H4 are standoff weapons and not BVRAAM. H-4 relies on gliding to achieve extended ranges.

I'll put my money on it that H2/H4 are standoff weapons and not BVRAAM. H-4 relies on gliding to achieve extended ranges.

H-4 is BVRAAM.

Pakistani technicians modified the South African T-Darter medium-range, active radar-guided air-to-air missiles (AAM) into the H-4 BVR missile capable operating out to a reported distance of 65nm (120km). A lighter infra-red version, the H-2 was designed to hit targets out to 32nm (60km). H-2 and H-4 can be carried by Mirages, with the former comparable to the Python 4 and the H-4 to the AA-12 Adder in the IAF arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom