What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but these RD-93s will be RD-93Bs with 10% increased thrust.

As for AESA by Chinese i doubt very much that china is near to any existing AESA technology. The best they can come up with in near future will be PESA of mostly russian tech. True AESA as APG-80 is far from China yet.

China took the initial step in phased array technique in the 1960s, with early products like 7010 (used to observe the US sky-lab and precipitation of Soviet nuke powered satellite) and YLC-2.

currently the actual bottle neck of Chinese AESA is the size and cost of the T/R. the gap between US and China is just like radars on F22 and J-10. we still need 10+ monitoring aerials to fufill what US does with 3. apart from this, things are going well on shipboard AESA and EWR aircraft.

In China, 607 and 14 institute are the leading research units on AESA, a general anticipation of China's airborn(fighters) AESA is later than 2010.

BTW,connecting every technical step with Russia is not a good guesswork.

China took the initial step in phased array technique in the 1960s, with early products like 7010 (used to observe the US sky-lab and precipitation of Soviet nuke powered satellite) and YLC-2.

currently the actual bottle neck of Chinese AESA is the size and cost of the T/R. the gap between US and China is just like radars on F22 and J-10. we still need 10+ monitoring aerials to fufill what US does with 3. apart from this, things are going well on shipboard AESA and EWR aircraft.

In China, 607 and 14 institute are the leading research units on AESA, a general anticipation of China's airborn(fighters) AESA is later than 2010.

BTW,connecting every technical step with Russia is not a good guesswork.

Dear, i not meant AESA tech, Since we all are discussing Airborne Fighter Sized Radars, i meant the same. Cutting down the size in mudualar arrays of T/R units is the main tech which is only mastered by US yet, Europe is catching Up, Russia is little behind but China, Sorry to say is decade from AESA 100% self developed. This is why i refered to Russia tech access which China has can help in getting this tech know how quickly.

Its nothing to be ashamed of that we take help from Russia or US in technology understanding and manupilation. I donot want to get into hot words about technology attained by China, India and Pakistan from Foreign help but its true that we lacked basis of R&D in all defence fields and had to had that push from the West and Russia.

dude, I'm not ashamed of recognising the gaps we still have to face today. but actually China is no long following up Russia in many fields like radar tech, beside indigenous R&Ds, I guess more helps come from Europe. there is no absolute technical barriers indeed.

dude, I'm not ashamed of recognising the gaps we still have to face today. but actually China is no long following up Russia in many fields like radar tech, beside indigenous R&Ds, I guess more helps come from Europe. there is no absolute technical barriers indeed.

Guess is the only thing i also have about Chinese tech in Radar etc, can you tell any Infrustrusture of Radars and Transmission and Reception technique availble on massive scale in China, I think not... This is why help from Russia and agreed European tech is essentially needed. No need to get touchy....

:china::pakistan: always

I do know something from those institutes but far not all of the facts, that's my guess.:azn:

and,I'm not upset at all:lol:

I do know something from those institutes but far not all of the facts, that's my guess.:azn:

I think only these Institutes are the main places from were such thing can be developed.

1. Nanjing Research Institute of Electronic Technology (also known as 14
institute) - Comes Under CTEC (China Electronics Technology Group Corp.)

Recently Developed KLJ-7 Airborne Radar.

2. No. 51 Research Institute, also known as the Shanghai Research Institute
of Microwave Equipment (SRIME) - Comes Under CTEC also.

SRIME has learned how other passive detection and tracking systems work–such as the Ukrainian Kolchuga-M and the Czech Vera-E–and has used these designs as the baseline for its own product development. One of its designs, the SM-102 passive surveillance radar, can locate and provide accurate targeting data on an AWACS at a range of 400 miles.

Systems advances key to China’s arms aspirations: AINonline

I think only these Institutes are the main places from were such thing can be developed.

not really, 607 (LETRI) is actually the first research institute for airborn radars in China (R&D headquarters at Wuxi,Jiangsu province), and contributed in PL-12 programme. it is also a ministerial level research institute under AVIC-1.
and dont forget Changhong: provider of JL-10 pulse doppler fire control radar (type 1743).

not really, 607 (LETRI) is actually the first research institute for airborn radars in China (R&D headquarters at Wuxi,Jiangsu province), and contributed in PL-12 programme. it is also a ministerial level research institute under AVIC-1.
and dont forget Changhong: provider of JL-10 pulse doppler fire control radar (type 1743).

Yes but the real research is being done by,

1. Nanjing Research Institute of Electronic Technology (also known as 14
institute) - Comes Under CTEC (China Electronics Technology Group Corp.)

Recently Developed KLJ-7 Airborne Radar.

2. No. 51 Research Institute, also known as the Shanghai Research Institute
of Microwave Equipment (SRIME) - Comes Under CTEC also.

AWACS radar development

Two more hardpoints + conformal fuel tanks. Dont think so.

What is this extra growth over the wings next to the air intakes? Are they conformal fuel tanks?

As per my knowledge Turkey has the license to manufacture F-16s so cant we get F-16s from them? b/c F-16 is a good aircraft and we need to have them in our fleet with JF-17s and J-10s.

JF-17 may become a medium multirole jet with near stealth properties in future but there is a need of increase in weapons payload. also, the plane dont need CFT because it have enough ferry range.

cool pics is that really how it's gonna look ? looks more aggresive !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom