What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some Chinese made it look like F-16 Block 50. And that area by the wings are the conformal fuel tanks. Realistically speaking there has been no mention to these changes officially.

The major point will be whether the engine can handle it... Other things are optional. Maybe the JF17 is air superiority first yet we have seen almost all those planes evolve into mudmovers... Even F16. Since planes have more usage in destroying small enemy pockets we will see small diameter bombs or intelligent weapons. Hence guided bombs. And since JF17 has ailerons (do notice that F16 doesn't have them) we can skip an extra hardpoint on the end... I have been studying in the past for possibility for an extra pylon or dugged in BVR on the inner side (gear movements, airflow) and indeed saw this as an option to b eexplored... When adding 4 a2g stores you end up having fuel for roughly 15-20 minutes... So not enough. I agree that webmasters talks about ferry range but planes need those 2 major wingfueltanks and sometimes even belly fueltank just to get there with heavy ordnance (and drag). So it is more then logical to see CFT. Even if they have CFT... They normally get airborne almost empty (just to get Full AB and then around 15 minutes to tanker) to avoid long runway...

2 mistakes are seen... You do not add pitot when you can do without it... And the other one will be my secret. :) Okay. Another one.. Where is the IFR...?

And let me ask you all... Why is JF17 having ailerons???? Why not the F16 way of flying?

You certainly like to keep us in suspence! :argh:
Waiting for elaboration...:pop:

Although I am not expert in this field I might have some variables like...

The further you are from the rotating point the smaller the moveable parts may be... (less stress). You do see that the data on:

Ailerons

But on the other hand your flight management software is decreased by two moveable surfaces hence lower weight/parts/complexity...

I would go for F16 idea... Less parts, room for extra 2-BVR, increase size of the elevators and add complex FBW to use elevators as ailerons....

someone after all JF17 material...

JF-17

I am confused by the DSI intakes which was changed in the 4th prototype of JF17 are similer to JSF35 as i heard ans read they are for Stealth purpose how they work can any tells me and if any one have the pic to diffrenctiate the change prototype ?

I am confused by the DSI intakes which was changed in the 4th prototype of JF17 are similer to JSF35 as i heard ans read they are for Stealth purpose how they work can any tells me and if any one have the pic to diffrenctiate the change prototype ?

4th Prototype:

e2da9f0530c8c9679fe779a202a0ab23.jpg

4th prototype version is redesigned with F-35 JSF style Divertless Supersonic Intakes (DSIs) DSIs are more stealthy than other conventional air intakes as well as DSIs also divert turbulent boundary-layer airflow away from the engine inlet. Reduces the RCS of the fighter plane.

if i am right Pakistan and china both are working on a New AWACS system similer to Y8 type

4th Prototype:

e2da9f0530c8c9679fe779a202a0ab23.jpg

4th prototype version is redesigned with F-35 JSF style Divertless Supersonic Intakes (DSIs) DSIs are more stealthy than other conventional air intakes as well as DSIs also divert turbulent boundary-layer airflow away from the engine inlet. Reduces the RCS of the fighter plane.

thanx now i get some thing which incress my knowledge

Actually the biggest advantage of DSI is it's much lighter than conventional intakes, and then there is the inherent smaller frontal RCS...:china::pakistan:

Actually there is no confirmation that the AEW&Cs aircraft that Pakistan is working with China will be based on Y-8 type AEW&C.

Actually there is no confirmation that the AEW&Cs aircraft that Pakistan is working with China will be based on Y-8 type AEW&C.

As per PAF AEW&C is Erieye webby, and AWACs will be based on Chinese KJ-2000.

Y-8 is purely AEW&C and is not as advanced as Erieye in any way. Erieye comes in the league of AWACs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom