What's new

JF-17 Thunder by Deka Ironwork for DCS

I have seen these pictures aswell, but that is not the PAF configuration which is a single SD10 per hardpoint. Note, we even had comments from a JF17 pilot about the limitied BVR loadout.

If I remember correctly:

Some years ago this question was asked by some air force magzine or article to PAF official. I think the answer was that while JF-17 can carry 4 BVRs but since the current radar(KLJ-7 V1 & V2) can only engage two targets at a time so the standard Air-to-Air config PAF uses is 2 BVRs & 2 WVR only.

This might change with AESA(KLJ-7A or LKF-601E) which may be able to engage up to 4 BVR targets at a time.

Do we have ETA (estimated time of arrival) on the dual racks or just the speculations?

If I remember correctly:

Some years ago this question was asked by some air force magzine or article to PAF official. I think the answer was that while JF-17 can carry 4 BVRs but since the current radar(KLJ-7 V1 & V2) can only engage two targets at a time so the standard Air-to-Air config PAF uses is 2 BVRs & 2 WVR only.

This might change with AESA(KLJ-7A or LKF-601E) which may be able to engage up to 4 BVR targets at a time.
You are correct. I remember the same.

If I remember correctly:

Which ever "PAF Official" said this, should have been fired on the spot!!! Completely stupid piece of logic ...

If I remember correctly:

Hi,

Always remember that this is a weapons world---& this is your front line aircraft---.

So not all tactical information will be released---and some LIES will be let go with a straight and innocent face---. Believe in it or not---but at your own peril---.

That is just the nature of the game---. Some secrets will come out 5 or 10 years from now---.

But for ease of thinking---just think about this---which european radar did the chinese radar supercede---?

You are correct. I remember the same.
Thank you, at least now I know my memory serves me right.

Bul*sh** logic

Which ever "PAF Official" said this, should have been fired on the spot!!! Completely stupid piece of logic ...

Look, I just stated what was out in the public domain. And 'Tempest II' confirmed that he remembers the same. So it is not case of me not remembering correctly.

I think only PAF will be better position to predict what it needs:

i) Whether PAF SOP is multiple missiles per target or single missile per target. But what little we know from Feb 27th then PAF follows 1 missile for 1 target(there may be exceptions).

ii) How a BVR engagement will develop in case of JF-17 versus some of it adversaries in 2 v 1, 2 v 2, 2 v many scenarios . Some important questions to answer are, given range at which JF-17 will release BVR in an head-on or tail-on engagement how likely it is for the engagement to get in to WVR by the time radar is free to engage another target Or in tail-on scenario for JF-17 to catch up or keep chasing?

iii) Given a successful engagement will JF-17 have enough fuel remaining to carry on fighting or would it have return to the base?

I am sure none of us is in a position to answer any of these.

Hi,

Always remember that this is a weapons world---& this is your front line aircraft---.

So not all tactical information will be released---and some LIES will be let go with a straight and innocent face---. Believe in it or not---but at your own peril---.

That is just the nature of the game---. Some secrets will come out 5 or 10 years from now---.

But for ease of thinking---just think about this---which european radar did the chinese radar supercede---?

Well I will be more than happy if that's the case. But we can only debate on what's known publicly and not on wishes or gut feelings.

i) Whether PAF SOP is multiple missiles per target or single missile per target. But what little we know from Feb 27th then PAF follows 1 missile for 1 target(there may be exceptions).

ii) How a BVR engagement will develop in case of JF-17 versus some of it adversaries in 2 v 1, 2 v 2, 2 v many scenarios . Some important questions to answer are, given range at which JF-17 will release BVR in an head-on or tail-on engagement how likely it is for the engagement to get in to WVR by the time radar is free to engage another target Or in tail-on scenario for JF-17 to catch up or keep chasing?

iii) Given a successful engagement will JF-17 have enough fuel remaining to carry on fighting or would it have return to the base?

I am sure none of us is in a position to answer any of these.

Well I will be more than happy if that's the case. But we can only debate on what's known publicly and not on wishes or gut feelings.

Hi,

Multiple missiles per target are better than a single missiles---.

After one missile launch---another target in the vicinity can be locked---.

I do not know if paf aircraft have the ability to launch a volley at the same target.

After a successful engagement---the aircraft will return to the base---unless there is a dire need and the aircraft has enough weapons and fuel---

Guys.

If any of you want a guide on some of JF17s avionics or how to use the plane fully in DCS World for JD17, here is a fantastic guide.

All 395 pages of it !!!! :

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom