What's new

JF-17 Thunder by Deka Ironwork for DCS

This correlates with what we heard from the Shaheen exercises: once the Thunder bites, it does not let go.

Notching works because radars rely on the doppler effect to identify a moving object. When the object is perpendicular, the radar receives the same signal continuously and so it cannot discern it against background noise. Essentially, the aircraft is part of background noise.

How does the Thunder manage it? I have my own personal idea, but I encourage Pakistani posters not to post any ideas. If this isn't a bug in the game, then we don't want to give the game away.

The model of JF-17 was not given to Deka by PAF. Dekha Ironworks got it from a third party who got it from CATIC guys some 12-15 years ago.

Hence the performance figures of JF-17 in the model are under reported. Such as thrusts, climb rates, turn rates do not mimic the actual performance of JF-17. In reality, the JF-17 of today has significantly better performance as compared to this model in DCS.

The model of JF-17 was not given to Deka by PAF. Dekha Ironworks got it from a third party who got it from CATIC guys some 12-15 years ago.

Hence the performance figures of JF-17 in the model are under reported. Such as thrusts, climb rates, turn rates do not mimic the actual performance of JF-17. In reality, the JF-17 of today has significantly better performance as compared to this model in DCS.

People with interest and strategical thinking, be happy with this under powered performance. At least, I would like that DCS JF-17 is no close to Block II least performance.

I dont play DCS. I stopped playing such games after Ace Combat 1.
But watching DCS world, it shows that the aircraft does not matter much now, its the air to air missile that trumps everything. The better the missile, the more types or jets it can kill.
The perceived superiority of SU-30MKI from which most Pakistanis were so afraid, also gone "Phuss" after Swift retort, and i dont know how authentic is DCS, but here JF-17 with SD-10 kills pretty much everything and eats SU-30 in breakfast and defecates it.

upload_2020-4-1_5-14-31.png

Back
Top Bottom