What's new

JF-17 Thunder Block III is no match against Rafale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ra's al Ghul

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
IMHO, we are relying too much on JF-17 Block III, lets be realistic, it will be no match against Rafales. JF-17 is a liteweight aircraft, Rafales is the medium weight. Rafales has more hard points and long range BVR missiles. I think PAF missed the trick, They should have gone for the J-10C for the stop gap. I even doubt J-10C are at par with Rafales.
we all know that F-16 Block 70/72 is at par with Rafale, but we dont have any of those. I am not talking about men behind machine, i am talking about machine vs machine. sure 36 numbers arent that big, but those 36 units can turn the table in air combat. dont forget that S-400 is also coming. we have no answer for it. quoting 27th Feb incident all the time, wont save us from future short comings. we should never underestimate our adversary. thats what indians do. we shouldnt do it, instead find the solution for it . our AZM project is still on paper. it will take some good 15+ years to complete. our current F-16 fleets going to retire in 10 to 12 years. so wheres the stop gap ? its a serious issue. i am sure PAF knows about it. but we didnt see anything solid coming out from PAF. i am not going into financial issues becoz, when we go for battle or war, we should be prepared for it, no matter whats the cost. JF-17 and Rafales are like Apples and Oranges. our only answer and option is F-16 Block 70/72.
senior members on PDF can share some thoughts on this topic.

IMHO, we are relying too much on JF-17 Block III, lets be realistic, it will be no match against Rafales. JF-17 is a liteweight aircraft, Rafales is the medium weight. Rafales has more hard points and long range BVR missiles. I think PAF missed the trick, They should have gone for the J-10C for the stop gap. I even doubt J-10C are at par with Rafales.
we all know that F-16 Block 70/72 is at par with Rafale, but we dont have any of those. I am not talking about men behind machine, i am talking about machine vs machine. sure 36 numbers arent that big, but those 36 units can turn the table in air combat. dont forget that S-400 is also coming. we have no answer for it. quoting 27th Feb incident all the time, wont save us from future short comings. we should never underestimate our adversary. thats what indians do. we shouldnt do it, instead find the solution for it . our AZM project is still on paper. it will take some good 15+ years to complete. our current F-16 fleets going to retire in 10 to 12 years. so wheres the stop gap ? its a serious issue. i am sure PAF knows about it. but we didnt see anything solid coming out from PAF. i am not going into financial issues becoz, when we go for battle or war, we should be prepared for it, no matter whats the cost. JF-17 and Rafales are like Apples and Oranges. our only answer and option is F-16 Block 70/72.
senior members on PDF can share some thoughts on this topic.

There is some truth to it. I hope Bajwa and PM IK arrange the newer F-16s as soon as possible.

Rafale has no match SU 30 has no match Bisons has no match, Mirage 2000 has no match realy Running Rafale as fighting SQD is more than yr away. Blk 3 is about To come we proved to wrong before will prove U wrong I can bet even with Rafale IAF wont dare to come mark words

Are-all-exercises-made-equal_holistic-studio-in-Chatswood.jpg

JFT block 3 is not even here and people have already declared that it is no match

Before people also used to declare that JFT is no match for SU30 MKI aka mini AWACS

Sir, these are genuine concerns, as few memebers mention the JF-17 is not meant for Rafales, thn what we have in our inventory ? we arent even looking for new Aircraft. our all focus is on JF-17 Block III , which we dont even know what it will be.

That's not the purpose for JF-17 block iii

I believe we will skip the 4.5 gen altogether (unless we get our hands on F-16V kits)

On paper one can prove anything but in real time on ground its totally different ball game. It's not jet vs jet anymore and you all have seen the 27th. Most of internet warriors and intellectuals think otherwise. On ground men fight machines are just a tool. It has proven time and again and it will stay the same.
Now carry on what ever you believe in and we will do our best to keep our swords and horses ready.

That's not the purpose for JF-17 block iii

I believe we will skip the 4.5 gen altogether (unless we get our hands on F-16V kits)
Do you play castle clash?

J-10C / F-16 Newer Block / F-16V ... Something out of these 3 is certainly on the cards. J-10C is the most logical option both keeping in mind finances and future upgrades in mind. Qualitative gap between both air forces is increasing beyond the threshold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom