What's new

JF-17 French Avionics Deal On Hold/Cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
French suspend the deal .They are waiting for Indian 126 fighter deal. If Indian cut the deal with French then suspend see the total end, if not then this Pak-French deal will see happy ending.

It is not the first time the French suspended deals with Pakistan

They also held the upgraded mirages and a Agusta submarine during the Kargil war

French suspend the deal .They are waiting for Indian 126 fighter deal. If Indian cut the deal with French then suspend see the total end, if not then this Pak-French deal will see happy ending.

India already signed the mirage upgrade deal for 3.7 bn USD with france. I am not seeing any happy ending for Pakistan.

India already signed the mirage upgrade deal for 3.7 bn USD with france. I am not seeing any happy ending for Pakistan.

We are not looking towars French Either.......Gone were they day .It was last year when this happen.

After that we have developed many things with the help of China ........... JF17 BlkII is ready to be in service by 2012 i think.
It may not have Aesa but it will have many other upgrades.

I think the deal is already dead......PAF said that they are now looking toward South African Manufacturer (Danel).

In my openion, what PAF is really looking for are these two things
http://www.deneldynamics.co.za/brochures/Broc0264_A-Darter External.pdf
Welcome to Carl Zeiss Optronics GmbH
Helmet-mounted-display_384.jpg

LOL ... 3.7 Bn ain't 12 Bn.
Haven't u seen USA's reaction over this deal, every one want to pack this amount.
we don't either want to see any happy ending with the French but would love to see how MMRCA ends up !
will Indian make desperate French happy ? will Ralale enter service in IAF or in India's *** :lol:

LOL ... 3.7 Bn ain't 12 Bn.
Haven't u seen USA's reaction over this deal, every one want to pack this amount.
we don't either want to see any happy ending with the French but would love to see how MMRCA ends up !
will Indian make desperate French happy ? will Ralale enter service in IAF or in India's *** :lol:

what you are trying to say lady ... I didn't get it

French or no french there are other options available and this cancellation isn't going to effect JFT program. So whether you pay them 3 bn or 13 bn doesn't matter for us.

French or no french there are other options available and this cancellation isn't going to effect JFT program. So whether you pay them 3 bn or 13 bn doesn't matter for us.

ofcourse not.... but it was in response to some other poster's post. don't read it out of contest. well.. french deal is dead for sure... no doubt about it.

I don't think this deal would ever fructify. France is probably wary of its cutting edge technology falling into the hands of the Chinese who are experts in reverse engineering and copying.

Secondly, the French are apprehensive that Pakistan may not have the capacity to pay for the upgrade in full. Seeing that the French are basically 'banyas', where every every Dollar/Franc counts, they would rather cancel the deal than risk a high value investment for the reasons mentioned above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom