What's new

JF-17 French Avionics Deal On Hold/Cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
All it is is just adding more man power & expanding the facility we already have the parts etc ... just man power so I expect us to enhance our manufacturing based on current realities of world

I think 18 while being very optomistic , may be 15 more planes is more reasonable expectation

no matter how fast we work the actual thing is their performance which should be up to the mark .. i hope pac dont compromise on the performance of thunder

The role designated to this fighter is so far accomplished above expectations so PAF is feeling confident it took the right route by opting for this joint project with China. A fraction of its capabilities are discussed on this and many forums which only reflects that it is proving to be more than just a mainstay fighter as it provides more options, mission capabilities, flexibility and a better turn around time coupled with painless maintenance and user satisfaction. There is a reason why PAF top brass is happy to have such a fighter that it is able to manufacture all on its own except for engine which is becoming less problematic as it is being tested with Chinese turbofan and will soon be operational with it. So shall i say that things seem better and better?

As for the French avionics, yes they are excellent but we have Italians who are interested to capitalize this opportunity with Grifo series of radar coupled with Selex sensors and avionics suite but China is almost ready with Batch 2 avionics and radar that are on the test bench now.

Chinese Military Aviation | China Air Force

The role designated to this fighter is so far accomplished above expectations so PAF is feeling confident it took the right route by opting for this joint project with China. A fraction of its capabilities are discussed on this and many forums which only reflects that it is proving to be more than just a mainstay fighter as it provides more options, mission capabilities, flexibility and a better turn around time coupled with painless maintenance and user satisfaction. There is a reason why PAF top brass is happy to have such a fighter that it is able to manufacture all on its own except for engine which is becoming less problematic as it is being tested with Chinese turbofan and will soon be operational with it. So shall i say that things seem better and better?

As for the French avionics, yes they are excellent but we have Italians who are interested to capitalize this opportunity with Grifo series of radar coupled with Selex sensors and avionics suite but China is almost ready with Batch 2 avionics and radar that are on the test bench now.

Chinese Military Aviation | China Air Force

good news, especially following taken from ur reference

The latest news indicated that the first taxi test of FC-1 powered by an indigenous WS-13 took place on March 18, 2010.

So, we may only need western AESA radar and avionics

Western or eastern, as long as it gets the job done, any AESA will be fine with us
Two options available,

Nriet AESA
Salex AESA

Lets see which one comes first

Western or eastern, as long as it gets the job done, any AESA will be fine with us
Two options available,

Nriet AESA
Salex AESA

when will it come? any of them?? when we get to see aesa in our thunders?? i want thunders to known as effective combat fighter for paf.. :). :pakistan:

Hi
it's slightly off topic but is WS-13 the one which has TVC nozzles

Hi
it's slightly off topic but is WS-13 the one which has TVC nozzles

TVC can be added to any engine with some modifications. The nozzle is the main player in TVC. So all it is needed is to add a nozzle which can move around.

IF U TRUST AMERICAN'S AND EUROPEAN'S FOR UR DEFENCE NEED'S, U SHOOT UR SELF IN FOOT.

HAVE FAITH IN CHINEES, THEY WILL COME UP WITH SOLUTION.

10 YEAR'S FROM NOW CHINEES TECHNOLOGY WILL BE UNMATCHED.

CHINA IS FUTURE SUPER POWER, AND WE R HIS BEST BUDDIES, SO NO WORRIES GUY'S. :cheers:

Two options available,

Nriet AESA
Salex AESA

NrieT aesa?NEVER HEARD ABOUT it..can you provide me link abou this or nay information?

Selex whic one Vixen 500E or vixen 1000ES?

NrieT aesa?NEVER HEARD ABOUT it..can you provide me link abou this or nay information?

Selex whic one Vixen 500E or vixen 1000ES?

Chinese products are kept secret to a lot of extent, but they have AESA technology and would soon be coming to their latest fighters. Both of their main AWACS have AESA tech, their HQ-9 batteries have AESA radars, their fleet defence ships have AESA radars for searching and tracking purposes. Nearly all the Chinese AESA radars being used in different roles are made by NRIET.

As for Selex, the model of the AESA would depend on the size of the nose, how large with how many modules it can accommodate.

Selex Vixen 500 means the radar antenna has 500 T/R modules on the antenna, while the Vixen 1000 would suggest 1000 T/T modules.

So now the model would depend on the nose of JF-17 and how many modules it can accommodate.

Most probably it would be somewhere in between 500-750 modules.

A Vixen 750 is rumored to be in development or has been made, and can be a candidate for the JF-17.

France is the Biggest loser in this game .

AS per wikipedia the 750 modules is in developments.
bt vixen 500 range is very low..

cant we integrate Vixen 1000 on jf-17?
and will italy will provide us Vixem 1000ES?

Vixen 1000 is for 4.5th gen AC's

Origin
Italy
Sweden

Program Status:
Under Development

Contractor/s
Galileo Avionica
Saab
Saab Microwave Systems
SELEX Sensors and Airborne Systems

Family Members
Vixen 500E

I think, its not easily available to Pakistan coz Inida might have pressure for it for Gripen in MRCA deal .

But if u put a big order and deliever cash at once (not on installment) u might have a chance to take it..............and no doubt Vixen 1000 is one of the best radars in the world

Pakistan currently using

SELEX_Galileo Radar GRIFO S7

Deduction range > 50NM (94KM + KM)
Tracking range > 40NM (74KM + KM)
Scan Coverage ± 60° both in Azimuth and Elevation
Track while scan 10 targets tracked, 8 displayed

Its not bad for block I

vixen 500 its lower then SELEX_Galileo Radar GRIFO S7 (Which is already used by PAF for JF-17)

Track While Scan > 10 Targets
SAR Resolution < 3 m
Track Formation Range (look down) > 25 nm
Track Formation Range (look up) > 35 nm

Tracking is not from long range

Vixen 1000 under development.
There is no newz about Vixen 750

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom