What's new

JF-17 French Avionics Deal On Hold/Cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should invest more into german tech or italians and chinese tech

Should invest more into german tech or italians and chinese tech
No matter how much we invest Indian will bribe them 10 more and the deal will be stop anyways. So I agree on China we can depend on.

Hi, this is the best thing that could happen. India knows to much about French avionics and radars. Moreover, you honestly do no think China with its mongol hordes of engineers cannot develop this on their own? The JF-17 was not meant to fly and now look were it is. Yes, this might mean a delay, but is better in the long run. Thanks!

Tell me one thng when PAF already have f-16's that are equivalent to mirage2k's and jf-17 which are almost on power with mirage2k thn y to go for another platform which will only increase the cost of maintainance

purely for the sake of discussion, for pakistan M2Ks will be used to increase the number of 4th gen fighters quickly if the numbers on the other side increase too much. We can get them in a matter of a yr or 2, where as same number of JFs will take longer.
Secondly M2ks may still serve as a good platform for the navy to use against the indians.
Araz

Hi, this is the best thing that could happen. India knows to much about French avionics and radars. Moreover, you honestly do no think China with its mongol hordes of engineers cannot develop this on their own? The JF-17 was not meant to fly and now look were it is. Yes, this might mean a delay, but is better in the long run. Thanks!

Grapes are sour...

Don't change the usefulness of French avionics if you are not getting them.

Grapes are sour...

Before getting out these sarcastic remarks, carefully read what the poster wrote.

He did not said anything about the quality of French avionics, he said the Indians know a lot about advanced French avionics as they have Mirage 2000s which would be updated to the latest level and the technology to be acquired by PAF would not be much different from what the Indians will get.

So he did not said French avionics are useless, but he said in the context that Indians have a know how, so may be Indians can counter it incase JF-17s have them installed.

Next time read carefully before posting.

This move by France has overnight made all french equipment (including Rafael :woot:) junk ..

http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-forum/53000-what-wrong-rafale.html

And as for you, the article has not been written by a Pakistani, rather its an analysis by someone sitting out of pakistan with no Pakistani background origin.

And as for the article it talks about rafale and its system with respect to the 4.5 gen aircraft in service and some other drawbacks which are found in 4.5 gen aircraft which are its competitors, it doesn;t says French avionics are rubbish, rather the use of avionics in Rafale compared to other 4.5gen competitors may be low.

Hi,
What Pakistan need to do is to increase pressure on France via UAE or Saudis as they had plans to procure Rafale. Man its abouttime that Pakistani diplomacy did some thing worth appreciation

Grapes are sour...

Hi
seriously dude you misunderstood his point or may be you didn't want to understand, he made a good point, French have said they have an Indian pressure and we all know why that is. French are greedy who knows they sign a deal with Pakistan for 1 billion euros and sell the codes to India for 2 billion euros

Before getting out these sarcastic remarks, carefully read what the poster wrote.

He did not said anything about the quality of French avionics, he said the Indians know a lot about advanced French avionics as they have Mirage 2000s which would be updated to the latest level and the technology to be acquired by PAF would not be much different from what the Indians will get.

So he did not said French avionics are useless, but he said in the context that Indians have a know how, so may be Indians can counter it incase JF-17s have them installed.

Next time read carefully before posting.

TamilKhan, may I ask you to read my post please.

usefulness = fit for purpose

Here is the post I replied to :

The poster is for sure not saying French avionics are not good but he is definitely saying that they are not as useful / effective against India. I questioned this very thought process as nothing between India France bilateral relations changed when the deal was hot or now when the deal has gone cold.
:cheers:

Hi
seriously dude you misunderstood his point or may be you didn't want to understand, he made a good point, French have said they have an Indian pressure and we all know why that is. French are greedy who knows they sign a deal with Pakistan for 1 billion euros and sell the codes to India for 2 billion euros

Refer to my last post. Hope that answers your question.

And as for you, the article has not been written by a Pakistani, rather its an analysis by someone sitting out of pakistan with no Pakistani background origin.

And as for the article it talks about rafale and its system with respect to the 4.5 gen aircraft in service and some other drawbacks which are found in 4.5 gen aircraft which are its competitors, it doesn;t says French avionics are rubbish, rather the use of avionics in Rafale compared to other 4.5gen competitors may be low.

C'mon Taimi... Go thru the thread.. and see the thanks from the Pakistani members to each post that finds faults with Rafale..

Senior Pakistani members calling it a disaster product with lost future..
Identigying design issues and problems with sensors, electronic warfare etc etc..

And not to say that the thread was opened promptly a day after the J 17 news..

The sentiments are fairly visible and rightfully so.. Its a little unnecessary to defend that...

TamilKhan, may I ask you to read my post please.

usefulness = fit for purpose

Here is the post I replied to :

The poster is for sure not saying French avionics are not good but he is definitely saying that they are not as useful / effective against India. I questioned this very thought process as nothing between India France bilateral relations changed when the deal was hot or now when the deal has gone cold.

If that is so why were Indians crying that IAF should not buy F-16IN because PAF has F-16s, even though we have much older ones and the poor executives of LM had to say on many occasions that F-16IN is totally different then what PAF has.

And then India has just testing or is testing the Rafale and would definitely know about the best French avionics and its true specifications and capabilities.

And now as IAF getting its mirage updated by French and they would most probably get RDY-3 or RC-400 radars in the upgrade package and if we get the same radar or something like it, wouldn't they know what capabilities and weak points in the French system are and how to exploit them.

If Indians have tested the Rafale & its capabilities, what good is the inferior French avionics for the JF-17.

So yes if same platform is with both opposing airforce, then their usefulness goes away, then situation will revert back to old dog fighting and the lucky one or the best trained pilot will win the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom