What's new

JF-17/FC-1 Thunder Fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked at PakDef.info as well (my account Adnan Shaukat) whats yours webby?

Back to topic:

I posted their that instead of delaying the plane by making radical changes, they should increase the wing span to allow accommodation of extra hard points and increase the size of the nose so future upgrades of a bigger radar can be done with ease and using more composites. Also, isn't their a picture of JF-17 with a rack to hold 2 missiles.

But what I need info on is how well does RCS reducing paint works, cause I heard awhile ago that Russia tested their own and it didn't work out to well.

Ahsan Farooqui. I believe the rack can hold ground precision ammunition and not air to air missiles because of the complications. I think what they are trying to do is may be increase the menuverability of the JF-17 even more and decrease the RCS with further modifications in the airframe. Remember that modifications in the 03 Prototype to 04 Prototype didn't take much time and this plan is probably for different blocks like C and Ds.

I looked at PakDef.info as well (my account Adnan Shaukat) whats yours webby?

Back to topic:

I posted their that instead of delaying the plane by making radical changes, they should increase the wing span to allow accommodation of extra hard points and increase the size of the nose so future upgrades of a bigger radar can be done with ease and using more composites. Also, isn't their a picture of JF-17 with a rack to hold 2 missiles.

But what I need info on is how well does RCS reducing paint works, cause I heard awhile ago that Russia tested their own and it didn't work out to well.

From what I understand increasing the wing size and external racks, will probably increase the RCS. And RAM does work. However it wears away after a period of time and needs to be renewed on a regular basis in order to keep it working.

Keyser,

Are you saying that rack does work with the missiles such as AIM-9X, AIM-120, SD-10, etc??

can any body please elaborate more on the developments of the ws-13 engine.
thanks

Not many changes in my opinion.

http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/5774/jf17cs9.jpg

The major change i see is. Twin Vertical Stabilizers instead of one. I will post another picture later.

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/7753/jf1bt8.jpg

The proposed changes are of course unofficial and poorly drawn.

I found out those drawing came from this site Military.China.com which is sponsored by PLAAF (according to Pshamim from Pakdef.info).

Webby about your question, I honestly don't know if they will be capable of carrying AIM's (American made weapons without modifications) but I'm pretty sure they should be able to carry the SD-10s.

Keyser,

Are you saying that rack does work with the missiles such as AIM-9X, AIM-120, SD-10, etc??

Nope I am merely saying adding more external hard points (as well as increasing wing size) will have a negative effect on RCS

I am not aware of the rack system being able to take missiles.

I found out those drawing came from this site Military.China.com which is sponsored by PLAAF (according to Pshamim from Pakdef.info).

Webby about your question, I honestly don't know if they will be capable of carrying AIM's (American made weapons without modifications) but I'm pretty sure they should be able to carry the SD-10s.

The westernised variant should be able to fire the relevant missiles. I doubt the Chinese variants will have the ability.

it has been learnt from chinese forum that two jf17 planes have been delivered to pakistan after four or 8 prototypes.Some misunderstanding has been prevailing regarding jf-17 engine. what i understand is russia only requires end user certificate and nothing else. Can anyone give recent developments regarding engine issue. hoping to see jf7 flying on march 23.thanks

There are reports in that say that the WS-10 prototype engine has been fitted on them for the purposes of the fly past.

There are reports in that say that the WS-10 prototype engine has been fitted on them for the purposes of the fly past.

That is a wrong information, WS-10A has not been fitted yet to the prototype, Russians cant say anything for the JF-17's to be flown on a parade, They can only stop them from being deployed into the Pakistan Airforce

was in FORCE, this month issue. Chk it out if i'v misinterpreted it.

Congrats Guys 2 JF-17 came to Kamra on a transport plane on the 2nd , and were resembled in Kamra . So now we all get to see it on 23rd Parade
Once again Congrats to all.:flag:

I will post the photos when AHQ tells it is ok to .

GOD BLESS PAKISTAN, GOD BLESS PAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom