What's new

JF-17 "Extremely close" to the MIG-29: Mikhail Pogosyan

I don't know hardly anythink about aviation...but if Mikhail Pogosyan is saying that the JF-17 is close to the Mig 29 then Indian members, cannot argue on this issue further....as the guy knows more than you. I don't support either Pakistan or India...but jealousy is flowing around in this thread....not a very good thing.

Hi mjnaushad,

1350 KPH = 1.1 Mach not 1.8 Mach
Thanks for pointing out....It could be typo...The MPH written as KPH....Because if you see 1.8 match is almost 2210 KMH which is 1370MPH.......

Little difference between 1370 and 1350.

i think j-17 is very nice fighter and i can feel little bit jealousy from indian side :cheers:

:victory::victory::victory::victory::victory::victory::tup:

The fact that you used the word anything shows that even you are thinking that the jf-17 capabillities could be close to the Migs....wouldn't you agree.

I already made numerous posts to counter the claims of JF-17 being close to Mig-29 in terms of air-superiority with videos and raw data. I'm still waiting foe others to post videos of certain maneuvers of JF-17 that might bring it being a equivalent of Mig-29 but that didn't happen and we might have to wait for a while to get such proof. Jf-17 might have avionics equivalent to avionics of Mig-29 but that is not everything.

In reports, anything can get paraphrased and this might be one of them. Until we see the video of his statement or any official statement we have to go by the facts on the ground.
See this video (from 1:20 min), it quotes what Mikhai Pogosyan said to Kommersant which is - "Fc-1 is a direct competitor to Russia's Mig-29"

Last edited by a moderator:
The title of the article : :"Made-in-China airplanes may undermine sales of Russian high quality jets"

It didn't say extremely close in terms of capabilities. It could be anything and is open for any kind of interpretation.

Published 05 July, 2010, 22:52

Edited 22 July, 2010, 06:29

Russian and Chinese weapons manufacturers are clashing head on within the international arms market as China’s new fighter jet seems to be a cheaper imitation of the Russian original.

The argument is threatening to put on hold a multi-billion-dollar engines sale contract between the countries concerning the delivery of some hundreds Russian-made RD-93 engines needed for Chinese-Pakistani fighter jets called the FC-1.

The deal is facing opposition from Russian aircraft manufacturers, such as Mikhail Pogosyan, the head of the MiG and Sukhoi aviation holding, who said that the FC-1 is extremely close, if not the same, as the Russian-made MiG-29. Pogosyan claimed that FC-1 is a direct competitor to Russia's MiG-29 and the deal would incur losses for the Russian manufacturers.

A source quoted by the Kommersant newspaper said there are significant price differences keeping the US$10-million Chinese jets much cheaper than a $35-million Russian MiG-29.

Also, representatives from Russian Defense Export said that there was nothing wrong with re-exporting, which is in accordance with the decision of the Russian government. They added that there is no law that says there should be any agreement with Russian manufacturers citing the example of RD-33 that was re-exported to Egypt and was given permission by the Federal Service for Military and Technical Cooperation in 2007. These engines are sold to Bangladesh, Algeria and Saudi Arabia.

Ruslan Pukhov, the member of the Defense Ministry Public Council, disagrees with the officials.

Posting it again so that Blind people can read.........

I already made numerous posts to counter the claims of JF-17 being close to Mig-29 in terms of air-superiority with videos and raw data. I'm still waiting foe others to post videos of certain maneuvers of JF-17 that might bring it being a equivalent of Mig-29 but that didn't happen and we might have to wait for a while to get such proof. Jf-17 might have avionics equivalent to avionics of Mig-29 but that is not everything.

hmmm so there is no proof that jf-17 is equivalent of Mig-29 in terms of everything except avionics so one cannot say its less then MIG-29 as there is no proof with you it might be alot more capable of MIg-29 ...

if there is no proof then how can you say mig-29 enjoy superiority over jf-17 it might be otherwise...

:pdf:

hmmm so there is no proof that jf-17 is equivalent of Mig-29 in terms of everything except avionics so one cannot say its less then MIG-29 as there is no proof with you it might be alot more capable of MIg-29 ...

if there is no proof then how can you say mig-29 enjoy superiority over jf-17 it might be otherwise...

Please go through previous pages of this thread.

The title of the article : :"Made-in-China airplanes may undermine sales of Russian high quality jets"

It didn't say extremely close in terms of capabilities. It could be anything and is open for any kind of interpretation.

Yeah it could be anything. The russians by close mean that they both have the same scheme of paints. This is absolutely ridiculous.

You are wasting your and our time here. I think it is better you leave because we aren't ready to listen your pathetic rant here. It is better if mods direct you the way to exit.

:disagree:

Please go through previous pages of this thread.

i have seen all the post i think mjnaushad posted the article again for people like you :)

tell me do you have any proof of Mig-29 enjoy superiority over jf-17 if yes then please post here if not then dont keep posting and posting same stuff :)

Yeah it could be anything. The russians by close mean that they both have the same scheme of paints. This is absolutely ridiculous.

You are wasting your and our time here. I think it is better you leave because we aren't ready to listen your pathetic rant here. It is better if mods direct you the way to exit.

:disagree:

When asked to post videos and data to show the superior/equivalent capabilities of JF-17 and Vs Mig-29, you say you don't have videos and that it will be shown in next air show. And now you say I'm ranting. If you think its a waste of time, don't reply as simple as that. You have so far replied to all my posts with nothing but rants. No data no proof to back up. :disagree:

When asked to post videos and data to show the superior/equivalent capabilities of JF-17 and Vs Mig-29, you say you don't have videos and that it will be shown in next air show. And now you say I'm ranting. If you think its a waste of time, don't reply as simple as that. You have so far replied to all my posts with nothing but rants. No data no proof to back up. :disagree:
because JFT is new jet......

Damn you guys really like to run around in circles.......As far data is concerned....You can read the thread, Discussed to death, Nothing more to compare, But still we are waiting for proof of JFT leauges Behind Mig....Because i am sure you didn't.....Your earlier post shows that......

When asked to post videos and data to show the superior/equivalent capabilities of JF-17 and Vs Mig-29, you say you don't have videos and that it will be shown in next air show. And now you day I'm ranting. If you think its a waste of time, don't reply as simple as that. You have so far replied to all my posts containing with data with nothing but rants. :disagree:

The senior members who know about both JF-17 and Mig 29 have given very valuable inputs why JF-17 is very close to Mig-29. Instead you just rant all the way from which includes your dumb claims about smoky engines also. This also shows your knowledge about the matter at hand. Anyways we have had enough of you and it is better if mods take some action to get rid of trollers in this thread.

Rants shouldn't be accepted for long.

In reports, anything can get paraphrased and this might be one of them. Until we see the video of his statement or any official statement we have to go by the facts on the ground.
See this video (from 1:20 min), it quotes what Mikhai Pogosyan said to Kommersant which is - "Fc-1 is a direct competitor to Russia's Mig-29"

Now i am damn sure you are not reading what discussed before. Have no knowledge about the JFT program itself and jumping into the thread for discussion. FC 1 is chinese name for JF 17.........JF 17 and FC 1 are same planes.....:taz::taz::taz:

Now i am damn sure you are not reading what discussed before. Have no knowledge about the JFT program itself and jumping into the thread for discussion. FC 1 is chinese name for JF 17.........JF 17 and FC 1 are same planes.....:taz::taz::taz:

:lol: I know that Fc-1 and JF-17 is the same fighter. I'm just showing what exactly Mikhai Pogosyan said about FC-1 with respect to Mig-29 in that video. You don't understand the context of the post but jump in out of no where and tell me that I have no knowledge. :rolleyes:

You know what I find funny.. Indians and Pakistanis fighting over whether a Chinese plane is as good as a Russian plane or not.

In real free market environment, Indians should be using this comment by Mig to beat down the prices of Mig 29.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom