What's new

JF-17 C Arrives To Participate In Dubai Airshow!

AdamNLandau, whose comment on Tejas display was touted widely on few threads. He gave the verdict today. I hope that friends who considered him finally authority till yesterday wouldn’t disown him now.
His views on display by JF and Tejas -

Third time lucky: today I finally got a back-to-back comparison between JF-17 & Tejas. This is *not* a comment on operational capability. Both were decent displays but I think the Tejas narrowly takes the win, with a more cohesive, flowing sequence. The smokewinders helped, too.

Not sure if this was a slip of the tongue or what but the pilot said we won't need to market the block 3...just mind bogling.

AdamNLandau, whose comment on Tejas display was touted widely on few threads. He gave the verdict today. I hope that friends who considered him finally authority till yesterday wouldn’t disown him now.

Third time lucky: today I finally got a back-to-back comparison between JF-17 & Tejas. This is *not* a comment on operational capability. Both were decent displays but I think the Tejas narrowly takes the win, with a more cohesive, flowing sequence. The smokewinders helped, too.

Why would anyone here take offense to what he said? Having seen multiple US fighter displays (besides Thunderbirds and Blue Angels), both the Indian and Pakistani ones were mediocre at best. Indians were smart to carry smokewinders though for added flare

FB_IMG_1700324718319.jpg

Not sure if this was a slip of the tongue or what but the pilot said we won't need to market the block 3...just mind bogling.

Why would anyone here take offense to what he said? Having seen multiple US fighter displays (besides Thunderbirds and Blue Angels), both the Indian and Pakistani ones were mediocre at best. Indians were smart to carry smokewinders though for added flare
Hi,

That was no slip of tongue---.

Hi,

We are talking about 2 warbirds---. One is in full service for close to 15 years---the other yet to enter---.

Are we having a DANCE COMPETION to see who struts around better---. You are a smart kid---you would know better.

On the last day of the Air Show, I visited CATIC for the last time to see if I could get any further updates on the L-15.

Since most of the reps had already left, a couple were still around for the last hour before the end of the show. A guy from the Drones division (WL I, WL II etc.) & the Project Manager for the Y-20 (Transport).

The Drones guy didn't know jack shit about the Jets, so I struck a conversation with the Y-20 guy.

He told me that though he didn't know much about Fighter Jets, but has seen the J-10C (Dual Seater) and that it currently in Testing stage.

Strong possibility that the Dual-Seater is for the PAF, as that was hinted to me on the 2nd or 3rd Day.

@Windjammer @Talon

He told me that though he didn't know much about Fighter Jets, but has seen the J-10C (Dual Seater) and that it currently in Testing stage.

Strong possibility that the Dual-Seater is for the PAF, as that was hinted to me on the 2nd or 3rd Day.

@Windjammer @Talon
If its indeed for the PAF then PAF has learned its lesson from jf 17 folly ie not producing a twin seat version of the jf 17 early enough.
It also shown n proves the point that time spent in the sim does not even come close to time spent in an actual ac with an instructor breating down ur neck

If its indeed for the PAF then PAF has learned its lesson from jf 17 folly ie not producing a twin seat version of the jf 17 early enough.
It also shown n proves the point that time spent in the sim does not even come close to time spent in an actual ac with an instructor breating down ur neck

This is just BS. There is no twin seater for F-35. The Thunder was no folly nor the J-10. IMO if there is a requirement for the twin seat, it is more to separate out the flying and targeting roles for air-to-ground and air-to-sea attacks.

This is just BS. There is no twin seater for F-35. The Thunder was no folly nor the J-10. IMO if there is a requirement for the twin seat, it is more to separate out the flying and targeting roles for air-to-ground and air-to-sea attacks.
Comparing a f35 with a jf17 or j10 is like comparing donkeys n a thoroughbred horse.
For starters at the moment all the pilots who qualify for a f 35 are the brightest and the most experienced pilots who have 100s of hrs flying other fast jets, plus have u seen the f 35 sim, it the most comprehensive n realistic sim out their.
F-35 sim is referred to as a Full Mission Simulator, it is a 3d sim n comes with a 360-degree visual display system, which accurately replicates all sensors and weapons employment and uses the same software as the aircraft. The Full Mission Simulator cockpit can be reconfigured to support training on all three F-35 variants.
Pilots complete roughly half of initial qualification flights in the Full Mission Simulator.

The problem will come when younger pilots are transfered to f35.

Similarly in its initial days only the best experienced of PAF lot got to fly jf17, so a sim did the trick for them but its the younger pilots the pilot officers n the flt lt. Who have the prob n hence incomes the jf 17b.
Same is the case with PLAAF, the twin seat variant will first make its way into PLAAF n then PAF

Comparing a f35 with a jf17 or j10 is like comparing donkeys n a thoroughbred horse.
For starters at the moment all the pilots who qualify for a f 35 are the brightest and the most experienced pilots who have 100s of hrs flying other fast jets, plus have u seen the f 35 sim, it the most comprehensive n realistic sim out their.
F-35 sim is referred to as a Full Mission Simulator, it is a 3d sim n comes with a 360-degree visual display system, which accurately replicates all sensors and weapons employment and uses the same software as the aircraft. The Full Mission Simulator cockpit can be reconfigured to support training on all three F-35 variants.
Pilots complete roughly half of initial qualification flights in the Full Mission Simulator.

The problem will come when younger pilots are transfered to f35.

Similarly in its initial days only the best experienced of PAF lot got to fly jf17, so a sim did the trick for them but its the younger pilots the pilot officers n the flt lt. Who have the prob n hence incomes the jf 17b.
Same is the case with PLAAF, the twin seat variant will first make its way into PLAAF n then PAF

There is just so much BS in your post.

Put the JF-17 and F-35 in WVR combat, take out the technological asymmetry of the HMD/S and AIM9X, and let them fight. There’s a 50:50 chance for both jets. In terms of pure aerodynamic performance and BFM tactics involving KE-PE interchange, the two jets are at par. The F-35 is NOT an air superiority fighter and the so called air superiority version is a joke.

The main thing that a twin seat trainer achieves is teaching exactly this handling of the aircraft in BFM. If a trainee who has been through LIFT training can’t learn from a simulator, they should be passed on to something more worthwhile their time. Like janitorial services or driving an actual donkey cart. I mean first there are rumours PAF is looking into a LIFT platform then PAF needs twin seater trainers as well. I think the PAF Is inducting donkeys like yourself if that is really true.

To be clear you are a donkey yourself to think the JF-17 Thunder is a donkey cart as compared to any other jet. Same goes for J-10.

There is just so much BS in your post.

Put the JF-17 and F-35 in WVR combat, take out the technological asymmetry of the HMD/S and AIM9X, and let them fight. There’s a 50:50 chance for both jets. In terms of pure aerodynamic performance and BFM tactics involving KE-PE interchange, the two jets are at par. The F-35 is NOT an air superiority fighter and the so called air superiority version is a joke.

The main thing that a twin seat trainer achieves is teaching exactly this handling of the aircraft in BFM. If a trainee who has been through LIFT training can’t learn from a simulator, they should be passed on to something more worthwhile their time. Like janitorial services or driving an actual donkey cart. I mean first there are rumours PAF is looking into a LIFT platform then PAF needs twin seater trainers as well. I think the PAF Is inducting donkeys like yourself if that is really true.

To be clear you are a donkey yourself to think the JF-17 Thunder is a donkey cart as compared to any other jet. Same goes for J-10.
Why u getting ur panties in a knot son.
Bad abusive language reflect poorly on u n ur up bringing.
So behave n get ur head out of where the sun don't shine, so u know how things work in real life.

Now comming back to the topic by ur logic might as well faze out all the jet fighter ac n induct piston engine prop ac like the me109 or a spitfire or a mustag....n make a rule worldwide that from now on only guns are allowed.....so in a turning fight they will beat the crap out of most modern jets....but that like ur reasoning can only happen in ur dream or the movies

Last edited:
Why u getting ur panties in a knot son.
Bad abusive language reflect poorly on u n ur up bringing.
So behave n get ur head out of where the sun don't shine, so u know how things work in real life.

Now comming back to the topic by ur logic might as well faze out all the jet fighter ac n induct piston engine prop ac like the me109 or a spitfire or a mustag....n make a rule worldwide that from now on only guns are allowed.....so in a turning fight they will beat the crap out of most modern jets....but that like ur reasoning can only happen in ur dream or the movies

Hey old man, you started with calling JF-17 a donkey cart. Other than that, your post above is just BS.

We are talking about 2 warbirds---. One is in full service for close to 15 years---the other yet to enter---.

Why do Pakistanis keep saying this?

Tejas is literally, in service, for the last 8 years.

No amount of hopium is gonna change that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom