What's new

JF-17 Block-II equipped with new MAWS

IMGf48e389446e842913720933.jpg

@CHINA83NEWS;
Is that a fan art? It looks pretty detailed and a practical design.

@CHINA83NEWS;
Is that a fan art? It looks pretty detailed and a practical design.
Just models or you can concepts for further development.

I wish PAF will choose J-31 as it has similar power plant like JF-17s and will be less stressful for PAF to keep it in the air all the time. I am sure 100% that J-31 will have 100% the same tech as J-20 which will never be available for J-31s other foreign customers.
Pakistan planing a stealth fighter based on J-31 with indigenous and Turkish technologies.

Just models or you can concepts for further development.
Pakistan planing a stealth fighter based on J-31 with indigenous and Turkish technologies.

That means Pakistan will induct J-31s so it may build upon it further. Do you see this coming?

There as actually another talk that Pakistan is interested in TOT for Xian WS-15, which hinted that probably J-20s are coming, or - may Pakistan's own stealth aircraft will use WS-15s. What do you think is a more likely scenario?

Learning from the recent news that Pakistan will pursue one off-the-shelf 5th gen platform and as a second option, develop another 5th gen fighter of its own. I find TFX will become PFX and grow into Pakistan's own aircraft, just as the path we followed for Alkhalid vs MBT-2000, and for off-the-shelf option, it would be either J-31 or if J-20 is on the offer then perhaps couple of squadrons of J-20.

That means Pakistan will induct J-31s so it may build upon it further. Do you see this coming?

There as actually another talk that Pakistan is interested in TOT for Xian WS-15, which hinted that probably J-20s are coming, or - may Pakistan's own stealth aircraft will use WS-15s. What do you think is a more likely scenario?
J-20 is long range two engine stealth fighter and by looking pattern of PAF induction it is highly unlikly they go for twin engine as per my understanding they will use only frame and egnine from CHinese fighter rest they will produce indigenously or with the help of Turkey.

J-20 is long range two engine stealth fighter and by looking pattern of PAF induction it is highly unlikly they go for twin engine as per my understanding they will use only frame and egnine from CHinese fighter rest they will produce indigenously or with the help of Turkey.
Time will tell if Pakistan is going to have twin or single engined stealth machine in the future.Turky on the other hand is developing twin engine plane with the help of Rolls Royce of UK.

These are just plans.

Never mind developing a plane

They don't even have a cardboard cut out in turkey yet.

For the next twenty years turkey will rely on USA only

I.e. F16 upgraded and new f35 partially funded by USA

So pay aspirations for a joint development of a fighter with a novice country are nothing more than hearsay

Realistically for PAF

Joint development with anyone is zero possibility due to cost

That leaves off the shelf purchase of a chinease platform in 2025 or later of a newly developed j31
You seem to have more prejudice against Pakistan and Turkey than any knowledge,technical or defence.

The JF-17 blockIII will be like what PAF needed.

The problem is you can't both keep the price low and have good performance. China has AESA Radar and good engines and even stealth tech. But will you accapt a 100 million dollar fighter plane?

PAF need to think carefully what they need JF-17 to do. Air superiority fighter or Multi fuction fight? If PAF will import 5th gen fighters soon, they don't need a expensive and complex JF-17 block III

The JF-17 blockIII will be like what PAF needed.

The problem is you can't both keep the price low and have good performance. China has AESA Radar and good engines and even stealth tech. But will you accapt a 100 million dollar fighter plane?

PAF need to think carefully what they need JF-17 to do. Air superiority fighter or Multi fuction fight? If PAF will import 5th gen fighters soon, they don't need a expensive and complex JF-17 block III
Wait for technology to mature and costs go down but also have their manufacturing mature too and make the products on their own.

Back
Top Bottom