What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Delay is there due to additional stores which have been tested on the aircraft. Presently, taxiing tests are being conducted.
Ghauri Aya fir.jpg

By additional stores do you mean number of hardpoints increased on the aircraft from 8, or the testing of dual ejector racks for AAMs?

A
Additional storage of fuel ?

Lets hope so, apparently seems not to be
In combat aircraft lingo stores refers to the things hung from the hardpoints/ pylons. Stores management system is common terminology. So stores encompasses pods, missiles, bombs and fuel tanks.

Yes it does sound like testing for Ra'ad, but I could be wrong.
@PanzerKiel,s post is ambiguous and therefore confusing (I remain grateful for the titbits none the less). Additional stores might mean additional hardpoints, DERs or Some other crown jewels being hung on to the beauty. It could be taxi tests for the 8th HP carrying the POD. So a lot more questions than answers.
Logically assuming, we have not heard from anyone so far that additional HPs are being incorporated except for the Chin point. With no uprated engine there appears no point in adding more weight on to the wings with additional HP, so I think that can be excluded for the moment. The chin HP can be undergoing tests and that would be entirely reasonable and in line with what we know so far. DERs on the other hand have been in the work and seems the most logical solution for the JFT . It would give our little plane a 4+2 combination with 3 tanks if we want of a central tank. Aerodynamically it should be doable as well as logical. A study into the behaviour of the plane carrying a DER might need testing, especially if we are talking big sticks.
The last possibility is carrying RAAD which would be something we would like to have knowing the roles the JFT would be required to paly in future. How much testing is required is anybody's guess but knowing so little of aeronautics, even a small change gets tested extensively. JFT has previously carried A2S missiles so would this be any different???? I do not know.
A

@PanzerKiel,s post is ambiguous and therefore confusing (I remain grateful for the titbits none the less). Additional stores might mean additional hardpoints, DERs or Some other crown jewels being hung on to the beauty. It could be taxi tests for the 8th HP carrying the POD. So a lot more questions than answers.
Logically assuming, we have not heard from anyone so far that additional HPs are being incorporated except for the Chin point. With no uprated engine there appears no point in adding more weight on to the wings with additional HP, so I think that can be excluded for the moment. The chin HP can be undergoing tests and that would be entirely reasonable and in line with what we know so far. DERs on the other hand have been in the work and seems the most logical solution for the JFT . It would give our little plane a 4+2 combination with 3 tanks if we want of a central tank. Aerodynamically it should be doable as well as logical. A study into the behaviour of the plane carrying a DER might need testing, especially if we are talking big sticks.
The last possibility is carrying RAAD which would be something we would like to have knowing the roles the JFT would be required to paly in future. How much testing is required is anybody's guess but knowing so little of aeronautics, even a small change gets tested extensively. JFT has previously carried A2S missiles so would this be any different???? I do not know.
A
Well we can do some intelligent guessing. Its not so much of a change to take it back to the design stage (something we saw with Ra'ad integration and plaque @JamD brought to our attention). Similarly it is not too minor something like a software update, which could happen even after handover.

Now, I would base my guess on three observations, no.1 it is around the time J-10s have come. No.2 having noticed 3P03 to have gone back into final assembly without receiving PAF colours while later no.s are in PAF colours (see PTV World program) and No.3 Panzer mentions they are conducting taxiing tests on it, we know DER with SD-10s have already gone through that (there was a picture months before @Deino knows), so I would hazard a guess it is just testing if they can put Pl-15s on DER. Maybe their original plan was to have it Blk-3 carry only 2 but now they suddenly find a good enough inventory costs to make carrying 4 more feasible.

Last edited:
Well we can do some intelligent guessing. Its not so much of a change to take it back to the design stage (something we saw with Ra'ad integration and plaque @JamD brought to our attention). Similarly it is not too minor something like a software update, which could happen even after handover.

Now, I would base my guess on three observations, no.1 it is around the time J-10s have come. No.2 having noticed 3P03 to have gone back into final assembly without receiving PAF colours while later no.s are in PAF colours (see PTV World program) and No.3 Panzer mentions they are conducting taxiing tests on it, we know DER with SD-10s have already gone through that (there was a picture months before @Deino knows), so I would hazard a guess it is just testing if they can put Pl-15s on DER. Maybe their original plan was to have it Blk-3 carry only 2 but now they suddenly find a good enough inventory costs to make carrying 4 more feasible.
Maybealso more faith in the AESA radar that the JFT is carrying.
A

Maybealso more faith in the AESA radar that the JFT is carrying.
A
Yes certainly. I think we can be confident it has to do with BVR since everything else would be a priority on older blocks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom