What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

The wait is killing me, madam Messiah said we should see some flight around june july but its october now..
well, your madam messiach was semi right, you saw the first flight in december 2019. Delivery is expected around late Nov/December, wait until then.

The wait is killing me, madam Messiah said we should see some flight around june july but its october now..

Instead of Derailing thread by calling out such a person, try to remember that whatever she said was prior to pandemic. Secondly, every single piece proves it's worth once put to real time testing and the work for best results. Then comes the chantings as per requirements per threat assessment or due to availability of more better options. Even pandemic took 6+ months let alone continued testing and validation of several systems.

well, your madam messiach was semi right, you saw the first flight in december 2019. Delivery is expected around late Nov/December, wait until then.
In fact if I remember correctly she was right all the way through in that she suggested November for delivery time. She was a knowledgeable poster although her answers like most PAF wallas remained short and cryptic. However, respects where they are due. We all learnt from Madam @messiach.
However a couple of months delay for any reason is not unheard of in aviation industry.
A

Last edited:
In fact if I remember correctly she was right all the way through in that she suggested November for delivery time. She was a knowledgeable poster although her answers like most PAF wallas remained short and cryptic. However, respects where they are due. We all learnt from Madam @messiach.
However a couple of months delay for any reason is not unheard of in aviation industry.
A

i dont know her nor have i interacted with her, my estimate of delivery time was based off of my own info and persons whom i view as credible (with good reason)

i dont know her nor have i interacted with her, my estimate of delivery time was based off of my own info and persons whom i view as credible (with good reason)
I wanted to ask something. Recently produced videos (at least) give the impression that the PAF is now manufacturing 100% of the body including the middle fuselage which China has previously manufactured.
Is this a true interpretation or false one? Help would be appreciated
Regards
A

As per the circumstantial evidence suggests PAF went to experiment first block-III flight with WS-13 Engine as per the insistence of Chinese, who already made huge investment on that Engine. In that experiment engine found untrustworthy unfortunately and need further work on, the good thing is that PAF manage to Say Thank you for WS-13 as they have no time for more Engine delays on the face of Chinese interlocutors and Chinese finds no other way except to allow PAF to go for RD93MA which offers better parameter in every way. Only after receiving confirm orders Kilomov moves towards maturing RD93MA series this July.

As per the circumstantial evidence suggests PAF went to experiment first block-III flight with WS-13 Engine as per the insistence of Chinese, who already made huge investment on that Engine. In that experiment engine found untrustworthy unfortunately and need further work on, the good thing is that PAF manage to Say Thank you for WS-13 as they have no time for more Engine delays on the face of Chinese interlocutors and Chinese finds no other way except to allow PAF to go for RD93MA which offers better parameter in every way. Only after receiving confirm orders Kilomov moves towards maturing RD93MA series this July.
What circumstantial evidence? Please elaborate.

PAF went to experiment first block-III flight with WS-13 Engine as per the insistence of Chinese, who already made huge investment on that Engine.

PAF experimenting with its prized creation and risking the whole thunder program and production schedule of block III which you are suggesting is very unlikely. IMHO lack of any update/news on Block III is by choice and not due to any complication/experimentation in the development cycle.

If PAF is experimenting with the WS-13 then It would make more sense that PAF is trying out a new engine on the side without interrupting the Block III production run.

Last edited:
What circumstantial evidence? Please elaborate.
PAF experimenting with its prized creation and risking the whole thunder program and production schedule of block III which you are suggesting is very unlikely. IMHO lack of any update/news on Block III is by choice and not due to any complication/experimentation in the development cycle.

If PAF is experimenting with the WS-13 then It would make more sense if PAF is trying out a new engine on the side without interrupting the Block III production run.

The most important is why not kilomov already developing and maturing RD93MA series engine when its probable parameters already out in news and on PDF threads 10 years ago. This should be a confirm news at least at least in 2018 and thus as a matter of good planning, Block-III first flight should be with RD93MA Why only on this July-20 Kilomov move forwards? after first Block-III experimented in Dec-19. Why?

I wanted to ask something. Recently produced videos (at least) give the impression that the PAF is now manufacturing 100% of the body including the middle fuselage which China has previously manufactured.
Is this a true interpretation or false one? Help would be appreciated
Regards
A

I personally have not seen any reason to believe PAC is doing all of the body work, i have a few reasons for this:

its a big deal- we would have seen an announcement
it would require a reduction in overall production capacity or an increase in production equipment or facilities- neither of which we have seen.
There was also a article published stating AVIC would step up production of their share of the JF-17 to reduce time taken from start to finish.

Overall, PAC may have increased their share- we have no way of knowing- however, 100% is very unlikely. Do share as to what made you think otherwise and ill have a look,

Thanks.

Block 3 has been under cloak for a long time. no news about why it is not in the public domain. It should have come on the production line by now. It appears that something has gone not according to the plan, so it requires further work or rework.

Block 3 has been under cloak for a long time. no news about why it is not in the public domain. It should have come on the production line by now. It appears that something has gone not according to the plan, so it requires further work or rework.
it is already on the line as i have said. expect deliveries anywhere between late november through to early january.

Back
Top Bottom