What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

So then why US is offering F 16s to India when it has signed deal of S400?

CAATSA is there and India isn't buying F-16 till now rather went ahead with S-400. As I said, issue isn't mere political.
Furthermore, it's more about F-35 with S-400 as compare to F-16. The reason US threatened to stop F-35 deliveries for Turkey while they have enough F-16s.

Google translated Chinese source, not sure how credible this source is:

According to foreign media reports, the current dragon stealth fighter(??) is likely to have the latest stealth improved version, and its overall combat power is even more than the Block3 type. The Phantom stealth type has been replaced with a new integrated glass hatch. The nose cover of the nose adopts a zigzag stealth design. The external weapon rack has been replaced with a hidden protective weapon rack, and the radar reflection signal has become obvious. The reduction. Secondly, the stealth Xiaolong replaced the original KJL-7 multi-mode pulse Doppler radar with the LKF601E air-cooled active phased array radar type active phased array radar. The maximum detection range extended from 130 km to 170. Kilometers, and multi-target recognition and tracking capabilities have also been greatly improved.

https://m.sohu.com/a/362729116_120096240?scm=1002.500047.0.0-0

That more sounds like J-31

while i was searching for the list of Chinese turbofan engines. I found this info on WikipediaView attachment 595439
5nywq3V

maybe Block 3 got this engine?

No and Wiki is wrong

Sounds like Thunder went to stealth Thunder..Like F-15 went to stealth eagle..

May be that is why they use the word prototype..and that is why we have no pictures..?
Speculations and wrong translation may continue until and unless, some real picture. I can say that it was before our eyes since a while and only we couldn't see it. Let's wait for it and I wouldn't rush for such translated news which itself depends upon foreign news outlet.

Speculations and wrong translation may continue until and unless, some real picture. I can say that it was before our eyes since a while and only we couldn't see it. Let's wait for it and I wouldn't rush for such translated news which itself depends upon foreign news outlet.

very interesting

Look, that's the reflection of that mentality!

'They must know their stuff but they dont share with us' !

Bhai nahi pata inhen! bohut so ko kuch nahi pata aur oonchi kursi pay bethay huay hen.

Incompetence is a Pakistani trait, and that covers both the civilian and military officers.

My family is loaded with officers from all ranks from different services and my detailed interaction with them on defence matters never ceases to disappoint me. A lot of times they are totally clueless about modern concepts/threats, terminologies etc. They end up being impressed by me! That's the level. The problem is that majority of our officers are being under utilized or abused I should say. They are made to work like donkeys in their unit life and are kept busy in useless things.

One relative of mine is a senior rank in Army AirDef. Heck he and his counterparts are always kept busy in stupid stuff. They are often asked to prepare stupid powerpoint presentations on attack helicopters/air def guns..just copy paste google stuff. He was recently asked to make a presentation on Pakistan's geography! AirDef officer!

I made this post at the risk of being charged with thread derailing but we dont have a separate one for this and this topic is way too critical to be avoided.

Hi,

Thank you for your post---.

That is why average pakistanis think that the pak military the air force officers are something like a mythical creatures---.

Hi,

Thank you for your post---.

That is why average pakistanis think that the pak military the air force officers are something like a mythical creatures---.
I dont understand why are people putting them up on a pedestal. For us engineers, they are just users/client and no more; they have no clue on design, performance, or engineering. we have a term for them - block heads. Leave the core work to think and build to engineers not soldiers please.

I dont understand why are people putting them up on a pedestal. For us engineers, they are just users/client and no more; they have no clue on design, performance, or engineering. we have a term for them - block heads. Leave the core work to think and build to engineers not soldiers please.

Hi,

Because pakistanis do not know any better---.

At first they have a very hard time listening---then a harder time in understanding.

They think as their scientists build nuc reactors and nucs---they think military personal have similar capabilities---.

The original Project director of the Jf17 stated in his interview---when they started on the JF17 project---pakistan engineers could not understand what the chinese engineers were saying---.

He stated---"reason being that the pak military engineers were looking thru their experience which was overhaul and re-build---manufacturing was not a part of their training---. Then they were sent to chinese universities to get educated on that subject matter---".

Pakistanis don't understand that any city USA library has more material available on any subject thru paperbooks or thru ebooks than most libraries in pakistan.

Last edited:
Hi,

At first they have a very hard time listening---then a harder time in understanding.

They thing as their scientists build nuc reactors and nucs---they think military personal have similar capabilities---.

The original Project director of the Jf17 stated in his interview---when they started on the JF17 project---pakistan engineers could not understand what the chinese engineers were saying---.

He stated---"reason being that the pak military engineers were looking thru their experience which was overhaul and re-build---manufacturing was not a part of their training---. Then they were sent to chinese universities to get educated on that subject matter---".

Pakistanis don't understand that any city USA library has more material available on any subject thru paperbooks or thru ebooks than most libraries in pakistan.
That is just unbelievable; if you were to visit here, I will personally take to my prior university at Potchefstroom; there is a department of aeronautics. Amazing work including powered gliders that are exported from the university as a source of revenue.

http://engineering.nwu.ac.za/research/aircraft-development

Hi,

They thing as their scientists build nuc reactors and nucs---they think military personal have similar capabilities---.

Hi,

The purpose of this post is not to be-little pak military complex---. They are doing a great job of fighting a five times larger enemy---and that in itself is brutal---.

So---what do you do---you fall back to the known and secure---because the known tried and secure has kept you afloat all these years---and you say why change---because change is a must.

A change happened on the 27th on this forum---.

For 15 years I talked about no BVR---no future BVR combat---that would be priority number one---. WVR would be avoided at all costs---.

Did anyone believe me on this forum---NO. Even the Paf fr the longest lived with that belief and the BVR doctrine is not too old in the Paf---.

But look at things now---all these armchair bandits on this forum claiming victory---.

In their eagerness to own BVR combat---they have also told the enemy that they are idiots whose BVR weapons are less potent than the Paf weapons---.

Stupidity at it peak---only a pakistani can do it---and would do it more than once---.

That is just unbelievable; if you were to visit here, I will personally take to my prior university at Potchefstroom; there is a department of aeronautics. Amazing work including powered gliders that are exported from the university as a source of revenue.

http://engineering.nwu.ac.za/research/aircraft-development

@denel,

Over a decade ago I came across some very interesting information.

The biggest fear the US intel agencies had was the escape of technology thru works of fiction in the form of novels by retd military officers---engineers etc etc---.

They had also found out was that china was one of the largest buyer world over for these works of fiction---.

Even though all the material written by retd officers is vetted out---few line here and there---few paras here and there can leak out a lots of information---.

It is not like the days of old---where you needed all the information---. In this day and age of modern day shared technology---just being given the right direction and with the source of resource and technology and brain power that a nation like china has---the impossible becomes possible---.

Last edited:
Hi,

The purpose of this post is not to be-little pak military complex---. They are doing a great job of fighting a five times larger enemy---and that in itself is brutal---.

So---what do you do---you fall back to the known and secure---because the known tried and secure has kept you afloat all these years---and you say why change---because change is a must.

A change happened on the 27th on this forum---.

For 15 years I talked about no BVR---no future BVR combat---that would be priority number one---. WVR would be avoided at all costs---.

Did anyone believe me on this forum---NO. Even the Paf fr the longest lived with that belief and the BVR doctrine is not too old in the Paf---.

But look at things now---all these armchair bandits on this forum claiming victory---.

In their eagerness to own BVR combat---they have also told the enemy that they are idiots whose BVR weapons are less potent than the Paf weapons---.

Stupidity at it peak---only a pakistani can do it---and would do it more than once---.

@denel,

Over a decade ago I came across some very interesting information.

The biggest fear the US intel agencies had was the escape of technology thru works of fiction in the form of novels but retd military officers---engineers etc etc---.

They had also found out was that china was one of the largest buyer world over for these works of fiction---.

Even though all the material written by retd officers is vetted out---few line here and there---few paras here and there can leak out a lots of information---.

It is not like the days of old---where you needed all the information---. In this day and age of modern day shared technology---just being given the right direction and with the source of resource and technology and brain power that a nation like china has---the impossible becomes possible---.
what is so interesting in my present research, most papers i am reading are mostly non US based, and you will find it incredible almost non believable, good research into a particular problem as been done by some researchers in Pak at 2 universities but these poor souls have not benefited for anything. Their knowledge base could easily have been moved into image processing arena as it remains as one of the best yet.

what is so interesting in my present research, most papers i am reading are mostly non US based, and you will find it incredible almost non believable, good research into a particular problem as been done by some researchers in Pak at 2 universities but these poor souls have not benefited for anything. Their knowledge base could easily have been moved into image processing arena as it remains as one of the best yet.
Funny you mention that... Just yesterday I was reading a paper on FPGAs as part of my research and the first reference on that paper was from Sarhad University Peshawar. Filled me with joy and pride. In Pakistan there exist silos of talent pool that need to be harnessed and developed.

So much potential yet we fail to come out of teenday and tamatar.

Hopefully going forward there is more emphasis on indigenous capability for development of future Blocks of JF and/or other planes

What you say is true — we have lots of talent, my dads very good friend his son is a PhD Student in Pharmacy Technology in Pakistan is doing research on cancer delivery mechanism — whereas instead of doing a full chemotherapy to target cancerous tumors they are developing a device which would inject medicine directly into the body and then guide the medicine to the tumor and then release the medication, by directing a high energy light, when medication is close to the tumor.

Sadly, he needed funding to further research and the HEC was asked multiple times to give grants his professors even begged but they didn’t listen. He then got accepted into Germany through the HEC PhD program and completed his PhD in October after defending this dissertation. Inshallah he will be returning back to Punjab University at Lahore to teach and is working on process of bring research to the forefront.

I’m astonished at the talent we have but sadly we aren’t giving much importance to our students.

The brain drain is much bigger than our government is letting on in their statistical reports according to some people I know.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom