What's new

Jet Engine Technology a Top Priority in India-US Talks

We must leech every bit of technology possible from US. Good for us.

actually all I can see is Chinese Sukhoi reverse-engged from Russians flying in Chinese Colors. You can claim its running from an engine made in Zimbabwe. No third party verification. just because you are a Chinese with a picture of a Chinese jet, it should be believed. China has no free media, one of the few countries that has a ministry of Propaganda. quit lying like your Government. or you can claim its running on "warp drive". Fine with me. The Chinese jey engine is the Pakistani DSI tech. :lol:

You look lost? May you dont even know how to differential what different type of military engine. Flip thru the few previous pages and read through it.

Kaveri engine is a failure now. Period.

Can I say ,A IL-76 running on three functional D30KP-2 engines with a non functional junk Kaveri engine faking it works fitted under the wing.

f9d031e5ece3cef14379307bdb0293e61225f697833f4223c093a18c6a0d066a.jpg

You look lost? May you dont even know how to differential what different type of military engine. Flip thru the few previous pages and read through it.

Differnt type of military engine from photograph only? it doesn't even fly !! was the plane flying with its engine exposed ?? no ground test picuters or data no flying test bed pictures or data, no third party verification, no independent reporting.

Your jet is copy and an engine that doesn't work. Its an even bigger failure than the Kaveri. even after so much money and R&D all you guys could come-up with is a ministry of propaganda video? then you guys should have done that a decade ago and saved all that money into waste.

and you guys have a made a jet engine for combat aircraft but couldn't make one for Comac 919 ?? Which needs LEAP engine from CFM international... :rofl::rofl::rofl: Is the technology so difficult for a low thrust civilian jet engine ? If you have been a engineer you would have known...

I believe you the jet engine works and will work in vacuum of space.. :lol:

:rofl: How does this picture proves Kaveri engine is working? Can I say ,A IL-76 running on three functional D30KP-2 engines with a non functional junk Kaveri engine faking it works fitted under the wing. Kaveri engine so far has not fitted into any LCA prototype. More or less tells you how this engine works contradictory to what these Indian fanboy trying to make us all believe.

View attachment 278859

These picture definitely proves our Chinese engine works. :enjoy:
Then that J10 is also flying using an AL31 engine.....is it written on the engine that it is an ws 10junk engine???prove it....and the above video has already confirmed that kaveri lived upto expectations.... Now prove it that the engine is ws 10....and a flying plane doesnt mean it is successful, your engines are less reliable than the russian ones.....

Differnt type of military engine from photograph only? it doesn't even fly !! was the plane flying with its engine exposed ?? no ground test picuters or data no flying test bed pictures or data, no third party verification, no independent reporting.

Your jet is copy and an engine that doesn't work. Its an even bigger failure than the Kaveri. even after so much money and R&D all you guys could come-up with is a ministry of propaganda video? then you guys should have done that a decade ago and saved all that money into waste.

and you guys have a made a jet engine for combat aircraft but couldn't make one for Comac 919 ?? Which needs LEAP engine from CFM international... :rofl::rofl::rofl: Is the technology so difficult for a low thrust civilian jet engine ? If you have been a engineer you would have known...

I believe you the jet engine works and will work in vacuum of space.. :lol:

Then that J10 is also flying using an AL31 engine.....is it written on the engine that it is an ws 10junk engine???prove it....and the above video has already confirmed that kaveri lived upto expectations.... Now prove it that the engine is ws 10....and a flying plane doesnt mean it is successful, your engines are less reliable than the russian ones.....

Save your fanboy accusation. The J-10B is clearly spotted with a non AL-31 engine. The silvery short petal nozzle is Chinese domestic WS-10A. As I say,the very fact Kaveri now has no even dare to fit on a prototype LCA to be tested more or less tells you something. You cant fake working engine on a single powered engine aircraft. Even lasting a minute of flight is more than enough to convince us but that will be a tall order. :enjoy:

:lol: You are the loser here. I post video of proof which rebutt your sourgrape comment. Fancy you used the diplomat article to prove your point? It written by a loser Japanese who hate the success of Chinese. I can also post a Chinese written article which say crap of Indian technology. Its a fact kaveri engine is a failure. Show me a video of kaveri engine power your LCA, be it prototype for 1min in the air. I will eat back by words. If not, the real loser is you who are bitter of Chinese ahead of Indians :lol:
How do we know that's an Chinese engine or the Russian one..? why can't the video be of Al31FP engine??can you prove the engine was ws-10 rather than AL 31? Come and brag here when you prove.. now byebye:wave::wave:

Kaveri is a failure, unless they come up with a second version it will remain a failure.

Most of the Indians here are young kids whose response are more an emotional outburst rather than logical thinking. It is tragic that some Indian TTAs encourage such delusions among the Indian members with their lies and propaganda.

Indian expertise in aviation sector is laughable to say the least. India needs to do something drasic to improve infrastructure and technical skills.
Butt hurt alert, Butt hurt alert !!!!

Save your fanboy accusation. The J-10B is clearly spotted with a non AL-31 engine. The silvery short petal nozzle is Chinese domestic WS-10A. As I say,the very fact Kaveri now has no even dare to fit on a prototype LCA to be tested more or less tells you something. You cant fake working engine on a single powered engine aircraft. Even lasting a minute of flight is more than enough to convince us but that will be a tall order. :enjoy:

Is asking for data, independent reporting and test-bed picture are fanboy accusations ? Boy you have some awesome brains. And a silvery short petal nose cone make a complete "engine" :pleasantry:. I am astonished. Obviously you cannot fake an engine but a nose cone is no rocket science. Just let me change the nose cone on a Pratt & Whitney F135 and lets call it my personal jet engine development. :enjoy: and yes fitting a new engine on an aircraft is as easy as changing batteries in toy cars... hahahaha. you guys are Hilarious ...

Yes, Kaveri 'is in development' neither failed nor passed. but Chinese government here is outright lying. you have consumed too much propaganda from your controlled media, and Government, delusional as anything. (but your politicians are extremely intelligent, I have met quite few ;) ) why stop at Jet Engine ? claim warp drive..!!

Cannot make engine for civilian aircraft's, buying Su35 with Russian Engines, Supplying JF17 Russian engines with and are claiming a very own fighter jet engine... yes i believe you sunshine.

In that case, whole Chinese R & D is a failure, double period..:chilli:

In that case, whole Chinese R & D is a failure, double period..:chilli:

Is asking for data, independent reporting and test-bed picture are fanboy accusations ? Boy you have some awesome brains. And a silvery short petal nose cone make a complete "engine" :pleasantry:. I am astonished. Obviously you cannot fake an engine but a nose cone is no rocket science. Just let me change the nose cone on a Pratt & Whitney F135 and lets call it my personal jet engine development. :enjoy: and yes fitting a new engine on an aircraft is as easy as changing batteries in toy cars... hahahaha. you guys are Hilarious ...

Yes, Kaveri 'is in development' neither failed nor passed. but Chinese government here is outright lying. you have consumed too much propaganda from your controlled media, and Government, delusional as anything. (but your politicians are extremely intelligent, I have met quite few ;) ) why stop at Jet Engine ? claim warp drive..!!

Cannot make engine for civilian aircraft's, buying Su35 with Russian Engines, Supplying JF17 Russian engines with and are claiming a very own fighter jet engine... yes i believe you sunshine.

Let me give you a lesson about Chinese engine since Kaveri engine is a failure. :enjoy:

taihang petal.jpg

WS-10A back.jpg

WS-10A front.jpg

You can see the silver petal exactly matches the one on J-10B

J-10B WS-10A.gif

China’s Taihang engine leads the world in aircraft thrust-weight ratio | China Daily Mail

This article is released by Xinhui news of the interview of Taihang WS-10A engine chief designer, Zhang Enhe

China’s Taihang engine leads the world in aircraft thrust-weight ratio
POSTED BY CHANKAIYEE2 ⋅ APRIL 7, 2013 ⋅ 4 COMMENTS
FILED UNDER AIRCRAFT ENGINE, AVIATION, CHEN MAOZHANG, CHINA, DEFENCE, MILITARY, TAIHANG ENGINE, UNITED STATES, WANG YANAN, Y-20

1 Vote

Y-20 Heavy Carrier

The Y-20 heavy lift aircraft will finally use the engines developed independently by China. Satisfactory progress has been made in developing them now!” said Chen Maozhang, China’s aviation engine expert and member ofChinese Academy of Engineering, with joy, confidence and pride.

According to military expert Wang Yanan’s comments, the Taihang engine can absolutely be regarded as a seed of China’s aircraft engine. Once it has burgeoned, there will be blossom of a thousand kinds of flowers.

In Chen Maozhang’s view, the comment is no exaggeration. He said: that is the significance of Taihang as a milestone. Its successful research and development mark the switch from the research and development of turbojet to that of turbofan engines in China’s development of aircraft engines.

It also promotes the realisation of the evolution from medium-thrust to large-thrust engines in China’s aircraft engine industry. When China has finished Taihang, other engines China needs in relevant areas will be developed on its basis. In this perspective, it is said that there will be thousands of beautiful flowers.

That is indeed the fact. Taihang is the power set for China’s military aircraft, but the seeds it has sown are expected to set roots and blossom in some spheres. With improvement, it can be used as the engine for major air and marine battle equipment.

Its future improved version, with large bypass ratio and enhanced thrust, can be used on bombers. The version with large bypass ratio and without enhanced thrust can be used on large transport aircraft such as the Y-20.

Ship combustion turbines derived from the Taihang engine can be the power sets for large warships such as destroyers. Just as Zhang Enhe, chief designer of the Taihe engine, said: Taihe is the third generation of the power set for fighter aircraft successfully developed by China in pursuing independent development of aircraft engines.

It has ensured supply of engines, and sped up the great-leap-forward development of China’s aviation weapon equipment.

The Taihang engine has a thrust-weight ratio of 8, i.e. the thrust it generates is eight times its weight, which is advanced in the world. Though there is much room for improvement for Taihang compared with the thrust ratio of 10 of US F-119 engine, just as Chen Maozhang said, “The research and development of an engine is a process of incessant improvement. It takes over a decade, two decades or even a longer time from the finalisation of its design to its maturity. Taihang has been making steady progress.…

Chen Maozhang said, “China is making great efforts to catch up in developing both military and civil aircraft engines. The success with Taihang will certainly shorten the time to catch up. Like the Y-20 that will be equipped with homegrown engines, China’s large airliner C919 will also have Chinese power sets.”…

Chen said, “An aircraft engine is a very comprehensive and profound technology. We have an urgent need to intensify our study of fundamental issues in developing China’s aircraft engines in order to establish a sound foundation and keep on enhancing the ability of independent creation in the industry. We shall resolve not only the problems related the types of engines we need at present, but also the problem of sustained independent development of the entire engine industry.”

Meanwhile, America’s successful experience in the sphere of aircraft engines tells us the importance of integrating production, study, research and application and coordination in creation.

He said in the end, “We must pay great attention to the change in the mode of engine development, such as from that of paying attention to the development of a certain type, to that of attaching importance to the driving force of knowledge and technology while being urged by the demand.

It is precisely due to the hope to bring about such a change that in “2011 Plan” Beihang was told to have set up a “Coordinated Creation Centre for Advanced Aircraft Engines.”

Source: People’s Daily “Taihang Engine Used on Y-20 Leading in ThrustWeight Ratio in the World” (Excerpts translated from Chinese by Chan Kai Yee)

Let me give you a lesson about Chinese engine since Kaveri engine is a failure. :enjoy:

View attachment 278896

View attachment 278897

View attachment 278898

You can see the silver petal exactly matches the one on J-10B

View attachment 278899

China’s Taihang engine leads the world in aircraft thrust-weight ratio | China Daily Mail

This article is released by Xinhui news of the interview of Taihang WS-10A engine chief designer, Zhang Enhe

China’s Taihang engine leads the world in aircraft thrust-weight ratio
POSTED BY CHANKAIYEE2 ⋅ APRIL 7, 2013 ⋅ 4 COMMENTS
FILED UNDER AIRCRAFT ENGINE, AVIATION, CHEN MAOZHANG, CHINA, DEFENCE, MILITARY, TAIHANG ENGINE, UNITED STATES, WANG YANAN, Y-20

1 Vote

Y-20 Heavy Carrier

The Y-20 heavy lift aircraft will finally use the engines developed independently by China. Satisfactory progress has been made in developing them now!” said Chen Maozhang, China’s aviation engine expert and member ofChinese Academy of Engineering, with joy, confidence and pride.

According to military expert Wang Yanan’s comments, the Taihang engine can absolutely be regarded as a seed of China’s aircraft engine. Once it has burgeoned, there will be blossom of a thousand kinds of flowers.

In Chen Maozhang’s view, the comment is no exaggeration. He said: that is the significance of Taihang as a milestone. Its successful research and development mark the switch from the research and development of turbojet to that of turbofan engines in China’s development of aircraft engines.

It also promotes the realisation of the evolution from medium-thrust to large-thrust engines in China’s aircraft engine industry. When China has finished Taihang, other engines China needs in relevant areas will be developed on its basis. In this perspective, it is said that there will be thousands of beautiful flowers.

That is indeed the fact. Taihang is the power set for China’s military aircraft, but the seeds it has sown are expected to set roots and blossom in some spheres. With improvement, it can be used as the engine for major air and marine battle equipment.

Its future improved version, with large bypass ratio and enhanced thrust, can be used on bombers. The version with large bypass ratio and without enhanced thrust can be used on large transport aircraft such as the Y-20.

Ship combustion turbines derived from the Taihang engine can be the power sets for large warships such as destroyers. Just as Zhang Enhe, chief designer of the Taihe engine, said: Taihe is the third generation of the power set for fighter aircraft successfully developed by China in pursuing independent development of aircraft engines.

It has ensured supply of engines, and sped up the great-leap-forward development of China’s aviation weapon equipment.

The Taihang engine has a thrust-weight ratio of 8, i.e. the thrust it generates is eight times its weight, which is advanced in the world. Though there is much room for improvement for Taihang compared with the thrust ratio of 10 of US F-119 engine, just as Chen Maozhang said, “The research and development of an engine is a process of incessant improvement. It takes over a decade, two decades or even a longer time from the finalisation of its design to its maturity. Taihang has been making steady progress.…

Chen Maozhang said, “China is making great efforts to catch up in developing both military and civil aircraft engines. The success with Taihang will certainly shorten the time to catch up. Like the Y-20 that will be equipped with homegrown engines, China’s large airliner C919 will also have Chinese power sets.”…

Chen said, “An aircraft engine is a very comprehensive and profound technology. We have an urgent need to intensify our study of fundamental issues in developing China’s aircraft engines in order to establish a sound foundation and keep on enhancing the ability of independent creation in the industry. We shall resolve not only the problems related the types of engines we need at present, but also the problem of sustained independent development of the entire engine industry.”

Meanwhile, America’s successful experience in the sphere of aircraft engines tells us the importance of integrating production, study, research and application and coordination in creation.

He said in the end, “We must pay great attention to the change in the mode of engine development, such as from that of paying attention to the development of a certain type, to that of attaching importance to the driving force of knowledge and technology while being urged by the demand.

It is precisely due to the hope to bring about such a change that in “2011 Plan” Beihang was told to have set up a “Coordinated Creation Centre for Advanced Aircraft Engines.”

Source: People’s Daily “Taihang Engine Used on Y-20 Leading in ThrustWeight Ratio in the World” (Excerpts translated from Chinese by Chan Kai Yee)

Good. Nice lights and Nice mock ups by the way !!. But the damn thing is a failure after so much money poured into it. :cheesy:

The Y-20 prototype is powered by four 12-ton thrust Soloviev D-30KP-2 engines, also rated 66 tones capacity is not realised. Shenyang WS-20 is still a myth, it doesn't exist. :lol:

The Shenyang WS-10 :pleasantry: "reported" thrust is less than that of the AL-31F-M1. Please use them on your planes. if such is the engine I prefer buying better ones for our planes. :enjoy:

Kaveri still testing... let is keep testing... you always mock us that we are so bad at stuff. then i guess then Chinese Supa management screwed with such a under-performing and non existing engines... :cheesy: hahahaha

Good. Nice lights and Nice mock ups by the way !!. But the damn thing is a failure after so much money poured into it. :cheesy:

The Y-20 prototype is powered by four 12-ton thrust Soloviev D-30KP-2 engines, also rated 66 tones capacity is not realised. Shenyang WS-20 is still a myth, it doesn't exist. :lol:

The Shenyang WS-10 :pleasantry: "reported" thrust is less than that of the AL-31F-M1. Please use them on your planes. if such is the engine I prefer buying better ones for our planes. :enjoy:

Kaveri still testing... let is keep testing... you always mock us that we are so bad at stuff. then i guess then Chinese Supa management screwed with such a under-performing and non existing engines... :cheesy: hahahaha
Even WS-20 dont exist, you cant denied WS-10A. At least we still have a thrust ratio 8:1 modern turbofan. While Indian has nothing :lol: China jet technology is light years ahead of India is a correct assessment. :enjoy:

You must be smoking some awesome variety of weed, indigenous to India.... read 'indigenous' and cackle! :D

India has the potential to develop engine within itself without any cooperation from outside but.........

:rofl: How does this picture proves Kaveri engine is working? Can I say ,A IL-76 running on three functional D30KP-2 engines with a non functional junk Kaveri engine faking it works fitted under the wing. Kaveri engine so far has not fitted into any LCA prototype. More or less tells you how this engine works contradictory to what these Indian fanboy trying to make us all believe.

View attachment 278859

These picture definitely proves our Chinese engine works. :enjoy:
So u call f16 with canards as j10b good nice aircraft.

Even WS-20 dont exist, you cant denied WS-10A. At least we still have a thrust ratio 8:1 modern turbofan. While Indian has nothing :lol: China jet technology is light years ahead of India is a correct assessment. :enjoy:

WS-10A is as much ahead of India as Kaveri is ahead of China :enjoy:... hahaha. light years obviously as much light you use in an engine.. a failure with so much money poured into it can't even put to use.. :sick: . go fit them into your jets they will be easy picking slow poke jets :sarcastic::sarcastic:

Back
Top Bottom