What's new

Jet Engine Technology a Top Priority in India-US Talks

Why should US govt. give the crucial technology to India when it's project management track record has been shitty.

Can you guys in next 10 years improve upon the jet engine technology (under discussion) and share with us the knowledge base ? I don't think that's ever gonna happen. Not with the inept defense scientists you guys got. So what's in it for united states ?

In Short, you are talking about Indian's Capability.... You should not forget what Indian has achieved at US, and today what all position they are onto...What we can do, we have already proved to the world with the Mars Mission..... And regarding Jet Engine Technology ...There is nothing as we have not made any jet engine ...But Our engine is facing short fall of required power.... As we don have enough time to spend on R&D...This is the only reason we need help..

In Short, you are talking about Indian's Capability.... You should not forget what Indian has achieved at US, and today what all position they are onto...What we can do, we have already proved to the world with the Mars Mission..... And regarding Jet Engine Technology ...There is nothing as we have not made any jet engine ...But Our engine is facing short fall of required power.... As we don have enough time to spend on R&D...This is the only reason we need help..
Does Mars mission will mean you can conquer the jet technology or anything? Indian fanboy shall wake up from this myth. Jet engine is not one time use expendable rocket. It need to clock certain thousand hrs of heat and re-heat to produce the thrust require without failing. It is in another league of its own. Indian knowledge in jet engine is infant.

Can you show me a plane power by a single Kaveri engine. Be it prototype or whatever. :enjoy:

Not only our Taihang engine works. It is operational and has join the combat operational squadron.

Do you really think what you just replied was the answer to the question I asked?I thought Chinese are brilliant people,I have huge respect for you people- dont disappoint me and answer me the question I asked

:lol: Stop kidding yourself. Fanboy. You must realise no one will share core technology with anybody.

For the record, may you expound the above and give specific examples of such core technology as to what they are as per your understanding.

Why would US share tech? Unless India pays a huge amount of money.

Conventional wisdom says "everything is for sale - If the price is right"

Yet, not everything is sold in a real sense.

For the record, may you expound the above and give specific examples of such core technology as to what they are as per your understanding.

Conventional wisdom says "everything is for sale - If the price is right"

Yet, not everything is sold in a real sense.

Metallurgy and the art of consistent mass production of the engine fan petal.

Yes, One trillion USD dollar, Take it or leave it. :D

Enough time is a very bad argument. your engine is what it is because somewhere some lowly scientist burned his candle at both ends to come up with something great but some higher up just claimed the credit on his behalf. I know how things work in Indian subcontinent.

Issue is with that way, what level of cooperation can be achieved is questionable. Can you guys do some material improvements over the prototype technology and share some knowledge maybe 10 years down the line?

I don't think that's gonna happen with current way of working. Hence the assertion.

p.s.
Why do you think rafale guys are so adamant on a non govt. local partner?

Why should US govt. give the crucial technology to India when it's project management track record has been shitty.

Can you guys in next 10 years improve upon the jet engine technology (under discussion) and share with us the knowledge base ? I don't think that's ever gonna happen. Not with the inept defense scientists you guys got. So what's in it for united states ?

That's a very good question- Lets start with an example-

Early 90s India had an ambitious cryogenic program running- ISRO needed some support from Russia and half a dozen Russian cryo engines were bought as US along with Pakistan then was too busy helping Taliban come to power in Afghanistan and planning a Gas pipe right through Afghanistan to Pakistani port of Gwadar- And saw India as an enemy-

By late 90s the program was in early stages of implementation US blocks the help Russia was providing on the basis that It was a violation of MTCR and cryo-engine powered rockets would be used as an ICBM to hit US- some snooping was also done and thanks to a few traitors in Indian IB the project director was arrested on charges of treason and project scrapped- after 10 years the project was revamped and ISRO finally succeeded in making two cryogenic launches with in house developed engines- and last year the same US was supporting Indian bid to join MTCR- and accusing Pakistan of supporting Taliban and Haqqani- the Gas pipe remained a dream and the officer who was in charge of spear heading the projects with Pakistan and making anti-India policies got suspended and stripped of security clearance after being found in bed with ISI(Pakistani Intelligence)-

The lesson-

#1 We can always delay the inevitable but cannot stop that from happening-
#2 When planning strategic policies a democracy-democracy partnership is far better and trustworthy than a democracy-anythingelse-

Jet engine is something India has been struggling at- And I must say It achieved very good results in its 1st attempt- some foreign help is needed with respect to further developing supply chain, skill and industrial manufacturing- so that the process is faster- If US sees benefits with helping India- It should- If not then It is very welcome to say no and move on- India had Its way 10 years ago- It will have 10 years in future-

Giving jet engine technology to india would be a total waste. They will treat the ferrari as a lawn mower !!

Ferrari showroom got my money. Now its up to me as to what I do with my Ferrari.

As it is, I am buying US manufactured Marlboro and burning my lungs anyway.
Or drinking Jack Daniels or Jim Beam and jeopardizing my liver.
Atlanta seven eleven got my money anyway.

What kind of argument is this?
So anencephalous.

It sounds like India has given up on developing its own jet engines。

If you are fit to run only for 50 km, why attempt 100 km? :enjoy:

A primary problem with research in India was non involvement and non encouragement of research in educational institutions. This is changing. Rather has changed. Project management in Indian private companies is quite good.

The problem you will have dealing with India, is that, we really do not care much for what is in it for the US. We are more interested in what's in it for us. And this is something which is in sync with how the US typically does business. Just that, its now both sides thinking the same way. Neither will we sign an agreement, which allows the US access to any of our systems or logistics.

Anyways, I do not think, anything is going to come out of engines with the US. Just purchases will happen. Indians, trust the Russians and French more than we will trust the Americans. This may change. But, it will happen through Indian private companies absorbing tech from US and then taking that forward. Till this happens, nothing is going to happen with the US in terms of 'joint' research.

As we don have enough time to spend on R&D...This is the only reason we need help..
correct

US wants to play ball with india against china? open economy to US companies? buy military goods? No body is doing anyone a favor.
As one of the previous post elucidated , india will reach there whether it is nukes,missile or space it is just a matter of time. if it is shared now US gains support and market . If not US stand in a corner and watch when india achieves it.
The problem you will have dealing with India, is that, we really do not care much for what is in it for the US. We are more interested in what's in it for us.

The problem you will have dealing with India, is that, we really do not care much for what is in it for the US. We are more interested in what's in it for us. And this is something which is in sync with how the US typically does business. Just that, its now both sides thinking the same way. Neither will we sign an agreement, which allows the US access to any of our systems or logistics.
well said

Back
Top Bottom