What's new

Jazan (KSA) springs ancient surprise: 450,000-year-old cemetery

al-Hasani

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
jizan_web.jpg

A Google map showing the location of Jizan.

JEDDAH: ARAB NEWS

Published — Thursday 16 January 2014

Last update 16 January 2014 3:53 am

Remnants of an ancient civilization dating back 450,000 years, including a mass grave, have been found in the southern Jazan region, said Faisal Al-Tumaihi, an archaeologist at Jazan University.
“A group of Saudi archaeologists discovered the site of an ancient civilization in Hasma,” he said. “The antiquities that have been found in the area included those dating back to the pre-historic period,” he added.
He said the latest excavations in the region took place in Hasma, which is located northeast of Uhd Masaraha, last year. “The antiques found in the area also included a jar dating back 5,000 years. It was found in Ather, an ancient coastal city,” Al-Tumaihi said.
The Permanent Committee for Research and Ifta, under the chairmanship of Grand Mufti Sheikh Abdul Aziz Al-Asheikh, has approved the exhumation of ancient graves in the cemetery, said Ali Zaala, spokesman of the Jazan governorate.

Jazan springs ancient surprise: 450,000-year-old cemetery | Arab News — Saudi Arabia News, Middle East News, Opinion, Economy and more.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man, that's a long time ago. Feels like yesterday.:lol:

@Arabian Legend @Yzd Khalifa @BLACKEAGLE @JUBA @Bubblegum Crisis @Awadd @Full Moon etc.

That is how the landscapes in that region of KSA looks like:

s88m-ca313a91ed.jpg

s88m-ac3d1a61ce.jpg

Asir region South Saudi Arabia KSA
by Life-Style, on Flickr

أنورت سودة عسير بطلعتك
by Thamer Al-Thumairy, on Flickr

مرتفعات عسير 2010
by alkodair, on Flickr

جبال عسير
by Khalid Yousef, on Flickr

6512019711_3cedafa66c_b.jpg

Last edited:
I heard its actually 3.5 billion year-old. Saudi archeologists is something like a contradiction in terminus. Stupid desert-wanderers probably don't even know that according to modern geneticists the human race didn't leave Africa till 60.000 BC. Or do they talk about a non-human civilization? Must be, but then again, I wouldn't trust anything coming out of Saudi Arabia.

I heard its actually 3.5 billion year-old. Saudi archeologists is something like a contradiction in terminus. Stupid desert-wanderers probably don't even know that according to modern geneticists the human race didn't leave Africa till 60.000 BC.

Who says that those are homo sapiens you dumb stateless Kurd?

Yes, and guess where they emigrated to first when they left Africa? Yes, you guessed it rightly, the Arabian Peninsula.

Who says that those are human sapiens who dumb stateless Kurd?

Ah, I forget that your ape-looking people are barely part of the human race. Makes sense now.

Yes, and guess where they emigrated to first when they left Africa? Yes, you guessed it rightly, the Arabian Peninsula.

No shit sherlock.

Says the Kazakh nomad/slash stateless Kurd. :lol:

Go spam some Kazakh trolls. After all thats where you people belong.

Kurds are not stateless you dumb desert dweller. Iran means the land of the Iranians; not the land of the Persians. Since Kurds are part of the Iranian people, they are represented by it. At least we aren't part of a small-circle of Wahhabi monarchists who effectively rule a country that is known for its production of illiterate suicide-bombers. Your country is one cesspool of backwardness. Even with all that oil-money your people are known as uncivilized bedouins.

Nobody cares about your stateless people or Kazakh nomads.

Now go spam some Kazakh threads.

This thread concerns the Middle East and its ancient inhabitants of which you as outsiders and recent arrivals have no ties to.

I would rather die in Kazakhstan than live in that big shithole country named KSA. Saudi is the most monotone country in the world when it comes to climate diversity. Go ahead with spamming this forum with your Saudi propaganda. Your country is known for its backwardness. I'll bet your father put your mother in the trunk of the car since being a woman in your country is worth sh!t. Can't even a drive a phucking machine as a woman. Imagine if the British didn't find oil in your deserts.

This thread concerns the Middle East and its ancient inhabitants of which you as outsiders and recent arrivals have no ties to.

It seems you did not get the message Kazakh nomad and stateless Kurd?

Wiki states : Homo sapiens originated in Africa, where it reached anatomical modernity about 200,000 years ago and began to exhibit full behavioral modernity around 50,000 years ago ! ( Human - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )

Then how the heck did they discover a 450,000 year old cemetery ? :what:

Maybe its a typo & its actually 4500 year ? :undecided:

The date of the earliest successful "out of Africa" migration (earliest migrants with living descendants) has generally been placed at 60,000 years ago as suggested by genetics, although migration out of the continent may have taken place as early as 125,000 years ago according to Arabian archaeology finds of tools in the region.[4] A 2013 paper reported that a previously unknown lineage had been found, which pushed the estimated date for the most recent common ancestor (Y-MRCA) back to 338,000 years ago.[5]

This does not concern Homo Sapiens.

Maybe it is 45.000? I don't really know. Just reporting the news but if it is 450.000 years then it does not concern Homo Sapiens obviously.

It seems you did not get the message Kazakh nomad and stateless Kurd?

Original I must say. I'll guess you know I'm right. You must be mad because I crashed your propaganda party on this forum. How many useless propaganda-articles are you going to post in a defense-related forum? You haven't contributed anything significant, defense-related, in this forum since you ever a set a foot here. I'll guess when they banned you on Skyscrapercity for lying about your ancestry you are desperate for attention. What was it again? Half-Iraqi, Yemenite, French, Spanish, Saudi, Shimmar, Hashemite, etc?

You are the most pathetic internet creature I know.

This does not concern Homo Sapiens.

Maybe it is 45.000? I don't really know. Just reporting the news but if it is 450.000 years then it does not concern Homo Sapiens obviously.

I'm not a Biologist who has studied the Evolutionary Life Span of man but something tells me that barring the Homo Sapiens the Homo Erectus & the Neanderthals weren't socially evolved enough to have 'cemeteries' ! :unsure:

:lol:

LOL, at the stateless Kurd and his fairytales.

It is original because it is the reality. That's maybe what is bothering you. I have no idea.

I'm not a Biologist who has studied the Evolutionary Life Span of man but something tells me that barring the Homo Sapiens the Homo Erectus & the Neanderthals weren't socially evolved enough to have 'cemeteries' ! :unsure:

I have no idea. The earliest undisputed graves of homo sapiens are apparently 100.000 years old according to Wikipedia but I see no reason for earlier humanoids not being able to make primitive graves/cemeteries.

Are Gorillas not capable of this and they are much less developed than the earlier humanoids?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom