What's new

Jawan commits suicide at forward post in Noushera

Why does our government hate soldiers so much. With a meagre salary they not only have to deal with financial hardships back at home, also the few leaves they get make them estranged from their families.

On the field they don't have decent bulletproof jackets, neccessary kits, apathetic political (sometimes military) leadership and god knows what else.

That part is not true. Since the sixth pay commission, the salaries of armed forces personnel have been on par with their civilian counterparts of the same rank. They are paid decently, by Indian standards. They are better paid than the armies of most other third world nations. There have been no complaints regarding pay in recent years.

I agree . I spent more than a year with Indian Army personnel. They are paid ok as per Indian standard and are well paid and well taken care off . However gap between amenities allocated to Grass root soldiers and officers is too overwhelming...
family issues, personal problems etc are major source on discontent !

Sorry I mean to say " they are paid ok as per Indian standard and are well 'fed' ....instead of well 'paid'

self delete

isi :undecided:

Rest In piece @Imran Khan

Is Norway part of disintegrated India..since your location says dis integrated India and flag is Norway..by the way ..your brain shows me signs that you are not Indian...

Every other indian soldier should make this wiser decision.

IA is not like PA where they are sent across to fight in civilian clothes and then dont own up that they are theirs when they get killed

Last edited by a moderator:
Jawan commits suicide at forward post in Noushera
HT correspondent, Hindustan Times
Rajouri , August 12, 2013

Lance havildar Shivanand, a soldier of 54 Rashtriya Rifles, committed suicide by shooting himself with his official weapon at about 7.30pm on Sunday while manning the border in Noushera tehsil in Rajouri district. The soldier, a resident of Balgam district in Karnatka, was on duty at a forward
post when he killed himself, a police spokesperson said. Police seized the weapon and handed over the body to unit officers after post-mortem.

They are investigating the incident under Section 174 of the Criminal Penal Code.
Jawan commits suicide at forward post in Noushera - Hindustan Times

it is second sucide in a week:undecided: what wrong with these guys why they hate their lives ?

CRPF jawan shoots self dead with service rifle
PTI Raipur, August 08, 2013
First Published: 10:34 IST(8/8/2013) | Last Updated: 10:40 IST(8/8/2013)

A CRPF jawan allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with his service weapon at the staff quarter of paramilitary forces in Raipur on Thursday.

"Constable AS Raidu of 65th battalion of Central Reserve Police Force shot himself with his service rifle at the staff quarter in Vidhayak Colony on the premises of CRPF mess in the wee hours today," Station House Officer, Telibandha Police Station, Vikas Thakur said.

After finishing his duty at the mess around 3am, he went to his room and was resting when few jawans heard a gunshot and rushed to his room only to find him lying in the pool of blood, he said.

Raidu was rushed to a local hospital where he was declared brought dead, the SHO said.

It was not immediately known why he took his own life, police said.
CRPF jawan shoots self dead with service rifle - Hindustan Times

I think its a regular thing for India...

It was that, or face of against PA.

He chose the wiser decision.

Condolences to his loved ones.

Are we talking about the same Pakistani Army which holds the record for the biggest surrender in any war post WW2?

Just wanted to make sure...

fk the RIPs and and fk the formality type phrases like "brave sons of soil"

Just get the fking investigation right and do the needful.

you are forcing them to commit suicide and at the end giving them lollypop of RIP

you are forcing them to commit suicide and at the end giving them lollypop of RIP

I am not sure if we are 'forcing them to commit suicide' but apart from that what you say is the bitter truth.

I am not sure if we are 'forcing them to commit suicide' but apart from that what you say is the bitter truth.

You should be sure because

1. Its not a new incident. You had been facing suicide incidents specially in the perticular region.

2. You had conducted many investigations; found out many facts/reasons

3. Still continued with same policies

4. Still failed to address the reasons.

By definition, suicide is not forced, but a voluntary act. "Forced suicide" would be called murder.

By definition, suicide is not forced, but a voluntary act. "Forced suicide" would be called murder.

Oh what is a forced suicide ?

a jawan denied leaves, thrown into an occupied land with a license to kill still not allowed to see his family, meager salary and constant abuse by seniors. If he goes to commit suicide its a willing, own sweet wish to die by him. RIGHT?

Back
Top Bottom