What's new

Japan's 'RESURGENCE'

It was Hitlers obsession with the Rifle that doomed him. He was shown the trials of the Jet that had build and that could have destroyed the allied bombers, in fact if i am not wrong they did make the jet and it did fly but that was so close to the end of the war that it didn't make any difference. It was Hitlers insistence with more and more R&D with in the rifles and not the air force. Then he had made a big mistake of not listening to many of his generals and keeping the final authority to himself. And especially ignoring Rommel's advise when he was fighting the allies in Africa. I think that that was the biggest blow to his chances. And you are right about the Germans, I remember reading about Barbarossa, he had come to the M.E with so many soldiers during the third crusade that had he not died the Germans would have colonized the whole of the ME. And he was the biggest worry for Salah din.
I am not that aware of the Japanese history so wont make any comments on it.

Exactly, in the Final days of war one of the Engineer has his team(I forgot name of that engineer) designed a whole new jet A/C in 75 days :cheesy: can u believe it & that A/C had some great features e.g due to lack of materials like steel the wings were made of Wood & amazing thing is it Worked :) & final loss of RAF was due do this jet(Sorry man i forgot name of Jet i saw a video about it one year ago)
what i know is that Hitler had plan to occupy Stalingrad after which plan was to take out Iran & finally he had a dream to see his armored Columns marching into Sub Continent(Source:Stalingrad By Anthony Beevor) & we all know Japanese were already knocking at the door of Sub Continent & for Middle East he had a 'Mufti', there was an SS Division composed out of Arab & Indian Soldiers :)
In the End i always think that Hitler ddint listened to his Generals at all & many good soldiers were executed after 5th July Plot (Last attempt to assasinate Hitler before end of WW-II) & I m true Admirer of SS, read the book "Budapest -The Stalingrad of the Waffen-SS by Richard Landwehr", Good account about Battle of Budapest & SS

Last edited:
anyways here is another Japanese Machine going unnoticed, its a Joint project by Mitsubishi & Lockheed Martin & based on F-16, seems they are trying for modern Mitsubishi Zero :)..

F-2 Attack Fighter, Japan

f783583ac64044d5af9d9be83c7b0ac9.jpg

b29af7125aa49d16357c33b0150f30f8.png

7c30d5168003bb1419a3ac0e9df7379b.jpg

Wingspan:10.8m
Span of Tailplane:6.05m
Length: 15.52m
Height: 4.96m
Empty Weight: 12,000kg
Internal Fuel Capacity :3,600kg
Maximum Speed : Mach 2

The F-2 support fighter aircraft is a multi role single engine fighter aircraft principally designed for the Japan Air Self Defence Force (JASDF), the result of a joint Japan and USA development programme. Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI) is the prime contractor and Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company serves as the principal US subcontractor. The F-2A is the single-seat version and F-2B is the two-seat version.
The Japanese Defence Agency originally planned to procure a total of 130 F-2 aircraft (83 single-seat and 47 two-seat aircraft) with deliveries to beyond 2010, but, in early 2007, this number was reduced to 94.
The initial order was for 81 aircraft. A further five were ordered in March 2007.
"The F-2 fighter aircraft can also carry 500lb bombs, CBU-87/B cluster bombs and rocket launchers."
The initial order was for 81 aircraft. A further five were ordered in March 2007 in a $150m contract. MHI has further awarded a $250m contract to Lockheed Martin in April 2008 to manufacture components for eight more F-2 aircraft. The contract was the 12th annual contract awarded by MHI to Lockheed Martin.
In 1987, the JASDF selected a variant of the F-16C as the Japanese FS-X aircraft to replace the Mitsubishi F-1 aircraft, and in 1988 Mitsubishi was selected as prime contractor for the aircraft, which became known as the F-2. The programme involved technology transfer from the USA to Japan, and responsibility for cost sharing was split 60% by Japan and 40% by USA.
Four flying prototypes were developed, along with two static prototypes for static testing and for fatigue tests. Flight trials of the prototypes were successfully completed by 1997, and the aircraft entered production in 1998.
The first production aircraft was delivered to the Japanese Defence Agency in by March 2005 61 F-2 fighters had been delivered. The aircraft are being assembled at Mitsubishi's Komaki South Plant in Nagoya. MHI expects to complete deliveries of 76 aircraft in the near future.
In June 2007, the F-2 made its first overseas deployment to Andersen AFB in Guam for joint US / Japan exercises. The F-2 dropped live weapons for the first time during the exercises.

F-2 design

Kawasaki is responsible for the construction of the midsection of the fuselage, and also the doors to the main wheel and the engine. Mitsubishi builds the forward section of the fuselage and the wings.
Mitsubishi has also designed the lower-wing box structure, which includes lower skin, spars, ribs and cap, and is made from graphite-epoxy composite and co-cured together in an autoclave. This is the first application of co-cured technology to a production tactical fighter.
Fuji manufactures the upper-wing surface skin, the wing fairings, the radome, flaperons and the engine air-intake units and the tail section. Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company supplies the rear section of the fuselage, the port-side wing boxes and the leading-edge flaps.

Cockpit

The cockpit is equipped with three multifunction displays, including a liquid crystal display from Yokogawa. The pilot's head-up display was developed by Shimadzu.

Integrated weapons system

The aircraft's integrated electronic warfare system, mission computer and active phased array radar were developed by Mitsubishi Electric.
An M61A1 Vulcan 20mm multi-barrel gun is installed in the wing root of the port wing. There are 13 hardpoints for carrying weapon systems and stores: one on the fuselage centreline, one on each wing-tip and five under each wing. The stores management system is supplied by Lockheed Martin.
There are two Frazer Nash common rail launchers manufactured by Nippi. The aircraft is capable of deploying the Raytheon AIM-7F/M medium-range Sparrow air-to-air missile, the Raytheon AIM-9L short-range Sidewinder and the Mitsubishi Heavy Industries AAM-3 short-range air-to-air missile.
The F-2 is armed with the ASM-1 and ASM-2 anti-ship missiles. Mitsubishi started developing the Type 80 series anti-ship missiles, ASM-1 and ASM-2, in 1980, originally for the F-1 fighter.
The fighter aircraft can also carry 500lb bombs, CBU-87/B cluster bombs and rocket launchers. The centreline and the inner-wing hardpoints can carry drop tanks with a 4,400kg fuel capacity.
"In June 2007, the F-2 made its first overseas deployment to Andersen AFB in Guam for joint US / Japan exercises."

Avionics and flight controls

Lockheed Martin is responsible for the avionics systems. The aircraft's digital fly-by-wire system has been developed by Japan Aviation Electric and Honeywell (formerly Allied Signal) under a joint development agreement.
The fly-by-wire modes include control augmentation, static stabilisation and load control during manoeuvres.

Communications

The communications systems fitted in the F-2 are the AN/ARC-164 transceiver, operating at UHF band and supplied by Raytheon, a V/UHF transceiver supplied by NEC, a Hazeltine information friend or foe interrogator, and an HF radio, developed and supplied by Kokusai Electric.

Turbofan engine

The aircraft is equipped with a General Electric F110-GE-129 afterburning turbofan engine. The engine develops 131.7kN and the speed of the aircraft is Mach 2. The F-2 produces 17,000lb of thrust, with 29,000lb generated when the burners are switched on

F-2 Attack Fighter for the Japan Air Self Defence Force - Air Force Technology

Last edited:
Exactly, in the Final days of war one of the Engineer has his team(I forgot name of that engineer) designed a whole new jet A/C in 75 days :cheesy: can u believe it & that A/C had some great features e.g due to lack of materials like steel the wings were made of Wood & amazing thing is it Worked :) & final loss of RAF was due do this jet(Sorry man i forgot name of Jet i saw a video about it one year ago)
what i know is that Hitler had plan to occupy Stalingrad after which plan was to take out Iran & finally he had a dream to see his armored Columns marching into Sub Continent(Source:Stalingrad By Anthony Beevor) & we all know Japanese were already knocking at the door of Sub Continent & for Middle East he had a 'Mufti', there was an SS Division composed out of Arab & Indian Soldiers :)
In the End i always think that Hitler ddint listened to his Generals at all & many good soldiers were executed after 5th July Plot (Last attempt to assasinate Hitler before end of WW-II) & I m true Admirer of SS, read the book "Budapest -The Stalingrad of the Waffen-SS by Richard Landwehr", Good account about Battle of Budapest & SS

He was the grand mufti of Jerusalam, his name was Amin Al-Hussaini, and if I am not mistaken batalian was there in berlin denfending it when it fell to the russians.

""Throughout World War II, al-Husayni worked for the Axis Powers as a broadcaster in propaganda targeting Arab public opinion. He recruited Muslim volunteers for the German armed forces operating in the Balkans. Beginning in 1941, Al-Husayni visited Bosnia, and convinced Muslim leaders that a Muslim S.S. division would be in the interest of Islam. In spite of these and other propaganda efforts, only half of the expected 20,000 to 25,000 Muslims volunteered."[136] Al-Husayni was involved in the organization and recruitment of Bosnian Muslims into several divisions of the Waffen SS and other units. The largest was the 13th "Handschar" division of 21,065 men, which conducted operations against Communist partisans in the Balkans from February 1944,[137] committing numerous atrocities against their traditional ethnic rivals the local Christian Serbs.[138]
In 1942, Husseini helped organize Arab students and North African emigres in Germany into the "Arabisches Freiheitkorps," an Arab Legion in the German Army that hunted down Allied parachutists in the Balkans and fought on the Russian front.[138]
On March 1, 1944, while speaking on Radio Berlin, al-Husayni said: 'Arabs, rise as one man and fight for your sacred rights. Kill the Jews wherever you find them. This pleases God, history, and religion. This saves your honor. God is with you.'[139][140][141]"""

Mohammad Amin al-Husayni - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also the nephew of Mr. Husayni "Abd al-Qadir al-Husayni" Fought in the first Palestinian war in 1948 and was killed during the battle against the jew in a hand to hand combat.

In 1938, Husayni was exiled and in 1939 fled to Iraq where he took part in the Rashid Ali al-Gaylani coup. He moved to Egypt in 1946, but secretly returned to Palestine to lead the Army of the Holy War in January 1948, and was killed during hand-to-hand fighting for control of Qastal Hill on the Tel Aviv-Jerusalem road, on 8 April 1948. His forces captured Qastal from the Haganah, which had occupied the village at the start of Operation Nachshon six days earlier with a force of about 100 men.[4] They retreated to the Jewish settlement of Motza.[5] Palmach troops recaptured the village on the night of 8-9 April; most of the houses were blown up and the hill became a command post.[6][7] Huseyni's death was a factor in the loss of morale among his forces.

Abd al-Qadir al-Husayni - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

F-2 Attack Fighter, Japan

f783583ac64044d5af9d9be83c7b0ac9.jpg

b29af7125aa49d16357c33b0150f30f8.png

[/url]

I wonder if they will be exporting any of these birds, or they will be building them for self defence purposes, and if they ever decide to export them will they need US's permission to do so.

Thanks emo_girl,

I've talked to a Japanese gentleman in his 40s, and his opinion was that Japan can take on Russia. Population wise Japan is 127M vs Russia 137M. Russia has the larger landmass and resources, but Russia needs heating to keep its 99% of its people from freezing to death. Both countries are highly concentrated in pop'n density, so casualty rate will be high.

Japan also has similar 'capability' (I actually think they ALREADY have '000s of TN) as Russia. Equipment wise, Russia has numerical advantage, but they are decades old junk. Moving towards the future, Russian industry is dilapilated (they need to import ships) whereas Japan is gearing up.

As it stands now, Russia and Japan are roughly even, with Russia having slight advantage. But in next few years, Japan will be ahead. The KEY is Japan's attitude with her Asian brothers & sisters that will decide her fate - the most significant of which is China.

China is the key to world prosperity and peace. How nations around the world treat and respect China, will determine whether peace or chaos will reign in their region. Pakistan has chosen wisely! :pakistan::china::angel:

Last edited by a moderator:
Both Germany and Japan were destroyed after WW2. Both became powerhouse economies in just a few decades. And Japan did it without any natural resources.

That's why I don't believe when some Pakistanis excuse our economic/technical backwardness by saying we are too small. Where there's a will, there's a way.

exactly, i dont think pakistan lacks anything, except the collective will, everyone is pulling in their own directions and we have no overall plan.

we have no idea what direction we want to take our economy in, its really sad.

Now people look at this, another two year old news, no one noticed this as well :D

Japanese Destroyer JS Kongo Intercepts Ballistic Missile

e4f1af3d33509c6e0bc9a4ee0e309509.jpg

3c246a77cf8a80eff3fdbeb4da6091a3.jpg

In December 2003, Japan decided to upgrade their 4 existing Kongo Class AEGIS Destroyers and their SPY-1D radars to full AEGIS Ballistic Missile Defense capability. Installations are scheduled for 2007 through 2010, and each installation will be followed by a flight test to demonstrate proper operation. They will fire the naval SM-3 Standard missile, which is under co-development as part of cooperation with the USA on missile defense. These ships will form the outer layer of Japan’s anti ballistic missile shield, with the land-based Patriot PAC-3 forming the point defense component.

It would appear that the first-of-class ship JS Kongo [DDG-173] is also the first Japanese ship to have the BMD upgrade installed. Cue the flight test, as JS Kongo becomes the first Japanese ship to destroy a ballistic missile. On Dec 17/07 at 12:05 pm Hawaii time, a medium-range ballistic missile target was fired from the U.S. Navy’s Pacific Missile Range Facility on Kauai, Hawaii. JS Kongo responded by tracking it and launching an SM-3 Block 1A missile at 12:08 pm. At 12:11pm, it destroyed the missile about 100 miles above the ocean, achieving a first for Japan and the 12th successful intercept overall for the SM-3 ABM program. The American cruiser and ABM test veteran Lake Erie [CG 70] monitored the test, tracking the incoming missile with its own AEGIS BMD and exchanging information with a land-based THAAD ABM unit on Kauai.

The test reportedly cost about $50 million, and comes just days after a Japanese navy lieutenant commander was arrested for leaking classified information about Japan’s ballistic missile defense system.

Outstading & awsome looking carrier!

Both Germany and Japan were destroyed after WW2. Both became powerhouse economies in just a few decades. And Japan did it without any natural resources.

That's why I don't believe when some Pakistanis excuse our economic/technical backwardness by saying we are too small. Where there's a will, there's a way.

We are screwed because our work ethic is egregious. We try to cut corners to keep things going just for the sake of it but never strived for excellence in our work. We lie, cheat, plagiarize to keep the ball rolling. I am perplexed by our oddities, on the one hand we are materialistic but only go so far so it can satisfy our immediate wants, and on the other hand we claim to follow Islam yet we violate its spirit with impunity. We have become too ritualistic rather than becoming spiritualistic. Get a handsome bribe for the honor of holding an "important" office and later say a few prayers hoping our sin slates will be wiped clean. Seriously when are we as a nation going to realize the contradictions that we are in? When is society going to realize the devil lying behind the supposedly pious person, and evaluate things objectively? When are we going to realize the importance of hard work and dangers of self delusion? 19th century America progressed on protestant Calvinist doctrine. We need to learn something here.

It was Hitlers obsession with the Rifle that doomed him. He was shown the trials of the Jet that had build and that could have destroyed the allied bombers, in fact if i am not wrong they did make the jet and it did fly but that was so close to the end of the war that it didn't make any difference. It was Hitlers insistence with more and more R&D with in the rifles and not the air force. Then he had made a big mistake of not listening to many of his generals and keeping the final authority to himself. And especially ignoring Rommel's advise when he was fighting the allies in Africa. I think that that was the biggest blow to his chances. And you are right about the Germans, I remember reading about Barbarossa, he had come to the M.E with so many soldiers during the third crusade that had he not died the Germans would have colonized the whole of the ME. And he was the biggest worry for Salah din.
I am not that aware of the Japanese history so wont make any comments on it.

An egoistic fool would have committed blunders at any stage. If not earlier than later surely.

Now people look at this, another two year old news, no one noticed this as well :D

e4f1af3d33509c6e0bc9a4ee0e309509.jpg

3c246a77cf8a80eff3fdbeb4da6091a3.jpg

In December 2003, Japan decided to upgrade their 4 existing Kongo Class AEGIS Destroyers and their SPY-1D radars to full AEGIS Ballistic Missile Defense capability. Installations are scheduled for 2007 through 2010, and each installation will be followed by a flight test to demonstrate proper operation. They will fire the naval SM-3 Standard missile, which is under co-development as part of cooperation with the USA on missile defense. These ships will form the outer layer of Japan’s anti ballistic missile shield, with the land-based Patriot PAC-3 forming the point defense component.

It would appear that the first-of-class ship JS Kongo [DDG-173] is also the first Japanese ship to have the BMD upgrade installed. Cue the flight test, as JS Kongo becomes the first Japanese ship to destroy a ballistic missile. On Dec 17/07 at 12:05 pm Hawaii time, a medium-range ballistic missile target was fired from the U.S. Navy’s Pacific Missile Range Facility on Kauai, Hawaii. JS Kongo responded by tracking it and launching an SM-3 Block 1A missile at 12:08 pm. At 12:11pm, it destroyed the missile about 100 miles above the ocean, achieving a first for Japan and the 12th successful intercept overall for the SM-3 ABM program. The American cruiser and ABM test veteran Lake Erie [CG 70] monitored the test, tracking the incoming missile with its own AEGIS BMD and exchanging information with a land-based THAAD ABM unit on Kauai.

The test reportedly cost about $50 million, and comes just days after a Japanese navy lieutenant commander was arrested for leaking classified information about Japan’s ballistic missile defense system.

[url="
- AEGIS BMD System JMSDF DDG173 KONGO Interceptor Missile TEST[/url]

This is fascinating Emo_Girl,

Judging from the info and photos, it seems the US is fully aware of Japan's development of ABD. And since WWII US has been keeping a close eye on Japan, which can mean one of two things:

(1) USA has some under-the-table pact with Japan

OR

(2) Japan is sneaky enough to do things under the American's big noses

:azn:

Now here's my partial observation so far. Japan has never owned up to their past mistakes, nor have they shown any remorse. And until recently, they have shown disregard and disrespect to all NON-WHITES (being Honorary Whites they have misplaced loyalties). Of what I've observed with Japanese in general (they tend to be secretive) is that they don't have any animosity towards Chinese nor Indians nor Pakistanis.

However, I've noticed a disturbing pattern among a few older generations. They still maintain the Imperialist tendences of years past. The main question is have they truly turned over a new leaf? Or are they more of the same-old-same?

:angel::police:

This is fascinating Emo_Girl,

Judging from the info and photos, it seems the US is fully aware of Japan's development of ABD. And since WWII US has been keeping a close eye on Japan, which can mean one of two things:

(1) USA has some under-the-table pact with Japan

OR

(2) Japan is sneaky enough to do things under the American's big noses

:azn:

Now here's my partial observation so far. Japan has never owned up to their past mistakes, nor have they shown any remorse. And until recently, they have shown disregard and disrespect to all NON-WHITES (being Honorary Whites they have misplaced loyalties). Of what I've observed with Japanese in general (they tend to be secretive) is that they don't have any animosity towards Chinese nor Indians nor Pakistanis.

However, I've noticed a disturbing pattern among a few older generations. They still maintain the Imperialist tendences of years past. The main question is have they truly turned over a new leaf? Or are they more of the same-old-same?

:angel::police:

Interesting & stunning, I didnt knew all of these things just a bit of research & we can smell that something Fishy is going on, they are not stopping on these plans, more Ships are coming seems they are looking another big Imperial 'Japanese Navy armada' & of course this ABM system, I knew that there was Japanese program about ABMs but i never knew that there was a successful test conducted & moreover all of their coming & existing Destroyers will be armed with it, Every Destroyer in their Fleet will conduct these ABM tests before being Inducted in Navy...
Japan has not, despite numerous appeals to do so, apologised for any of its war crimes. Senior Japanese politicians attend shrines to people regarded as war criminals elsewhere in the world, and Japanese schools persist in teaching a version of history that portrays Japan as the victim, not the prepetrator of aggression. The rise of Japan throughout the post ww2 era, first economically, and more recently, militarily, has been viewed benighly by the US and its allies for political purposes. This has long been a subject of considerable annoyance to those countries that suffered dreadfully, both attempting to resist Japanese aggression, and under its military occupation. Many of Japan's worst atrocities took place in China, and so it is not surprising that the rise of China as an economic and military power has made them very nervous. That same rise in China's might also causes the US and its allies to look benighly Japanese re-arming. And incidentally, there have been moves to change the Japanese constitution, so far unsuccessfully, but in the future, who know's. They are certainly spending mega yen on all those floating purveyors of death and destruction for the Emperor to take a fishing trip in Tokyo Bay:lol: seeing the Chinese Naval build up & Norht Korea this Carrier can be an answer
But what bout the restrctions on Japan 60 years ago, what about them, In this new carrier they showed something else & in the end they built something else, a Ship with 20,000 Tons displacment is never a destroyer & we are not seeing any kind of 'reservations' this is becoming really interesting, if they continued this way, they can have a considerable Naval Power which americans can see as a counter to Chinese Navy in coming days, but here i Must say that Japanese will think about shwoing their Fire power may be on Those Islands after all they did made a Claim on these Islands this year...

Last edited:
anyways here is another Japanese Machine going unnoticed, its a Joint project by Mitsubishi & Lockheed Martin & based on F-16, seems they are trying for modern Mitsubishi Zero :)..

No this is not unnoticed, very potent and respected multirole aircraft which is an excellent strike platform...I do not think they are for exports though...Japan also has nearly 200 F-15s and most of these were assembled by Mitsubishi as well...Japan has ensured that it is a highly modernized military and its core principal is quality...

No this is not unnoticed, very potent and respected multirole aircraft which is an excellent strike platform...I do not think they are for exports though...Japan also has nearly 200 F-15s and most of these were assembled by Mitsubishi as well...Japan has ensured that it is a highly modernized military and its core principal is quality...

ok, it was not noticed by me :lol:
sorry for that..

Back
Top Bottom