What's new

Japan's 'RESURGENCE'

not just om defence technology but -their over all science and developmet in techological field is outstanding .

be it - CARS or Electronics or anything for that matter of fact.

there use to be a time - japnese were - taken as poor people's german.

--- even after war - the american soldiers - got hold of lot of german scientists - Operation Paperclip.

most of american space and defense technology are brain child of them scientists.

not just om defence technology but -their over all science and developmet in techological field is outstanding .

be it - CARS or Electronics or anything for that matter of fact.

there use to be a time - japnese were - taken as poor people's german.

--- even after war - the american soldiers - got hold of lot of german scientists - Operation Paperclip.

most of american space and defense technology are brain child of them scientists.

Wernher von Braun :)
Designer of V-2 who after WW-2 worked for NASA

Wernher von Braun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

f966ad4adb4f5f5d8ff2b35b73d7a947.jpg

As for Japanese, who can forget the Mitsubishi Zero's :)
The biggest war ship of that time( I forgot its name, it was destroyed in Battle of Midway), their A/C carriers & all that....

Both Germany and Japan were destroyed after WW2. Both became powerhouse economies in just a few decades. And Japan did it without any natural resources.

That's why I don't believe when some Pakistanis excuse our economic/technical backwardness by saying we are too small. Where there's a will, there's a way.

i read in a book - how japnese were - actually good in - WMD, just lack of time - people like ---

Shiro Ishii, and biggest name Masaji Kitano. if we keep aside the human aspect for a moment - he was one great scientist.

---------------------------

i doubt japan can go back those glory days of scietific development again , because current genration is nowhere as dedicated and capable as those - masters from the past.

I think Its call Yamato.:cheers:

Thanks...

b3a6c3eaff0ea966073e0e469b6ea718.jpg

Yamato Class Specifications

Length :862 feet 6 inches
Beam :127 feet 6 inches
Displacement : 72,809 tons :devil: (New Japnese Carrier has displacement of 20,000 tons, u can guess the size of this ship)
Speed : 27 knots
Armament:
typical 1943-44 Armament (1941): 9 of 480 mm guns in 3 turrets; 12 of 155 mm guns; 12 of 12.7 mm guns; 24 of 25 mm AA guns; 8 of 13 mm AA guns. By 1945 the 155 mm and 13 mm guns had been removed and the AA defences had been boosted to 146 of 25 mm guns.
Aircraft : Six

Thanks...

b3a6c3eaff0ea966073e0e469b6ea718.jpg

Yamato Class Specifications

Length :862 feet 6 inches
Beam :127 feet 6 inches
Displacement : 72,809 tons :devil:
Speed : 27 knots
Armament:
typical 1943-44 Armament (1941): 9 of 480 mm guns in 3 turrets; 12 of 155 mm guns; 12 of 12.7 mm guns; 24 of 25 mm AA guns; 8 of 13 mm AA guns. By 1945 the 155 mm and 13 mm guns had been removed and the AA defences had been boosted to 146 of 25 mm guns.
Aircraft : Six

emo_girl ; Just imagine if any other battle ship have to face Yamato,

I don't think they stand a chance. :cheers:

enough time has passed since WWII that I think for Japan to build up it's military more. the world has completely changed. including the attitudes of the Japanese. I think they are a country that has learned from their mistakes.

There are many threats facing them today. the most acute being North Korea. The stronger they become to. will allow the U.S. to eventually pull out of Japan. That is once the Korean mess is solved. Which eventually it will be. China certainly has nothing to worry about with a stronger Japan. Japan wants stronger economic ties with China.

Both Japan and Germany were and are great nations who have given a lot to the world besides showing their martial prowess...

Their achievements and strive for excellence is really an example to all...it is not just the world wars but much before that as well...

The dedication of these two nations to do what they set out to do is quite difficult to match...they are extremely creative with iron discipline and extremely focused...these traits when combined shall always give spectacular results...

A study of Medieval Japan and Modern Germany is really popular but actually it holds true in reverse as well...

It is only a matter of time for these nations to reclaim their position as leading military powers...they have all the technical know how, economy, infrastructure and an almost unparalleled nationalistic pride to make this a reality...

Germans have no doubt fought the most bloody battles history has ever seen,The legacy of Wehrmacht, Luftwaffe remains & who can forget the Gladiators of WW 2 the Waffen SS(keeping aside the summary executions & murders, they were great soldiers) one nation stood up against whole Europe captured whole of europe(except Britain, The Royal Navy wont let anyone cross the English Channel :lol:) after that They stood the onslaught from Red Army and Allied Forces & in almost every battle, even when they lost ,more Russians & allied Troops died than German Troops, then in technology, came the master pieces of that Time, Stuka Dive bombers, Me-109s, The first assault Rifle StG-44, first jet Engine & first jet A/Cs, the rocket technology V-1 & V-2, Tiger Tank & list goes on & on, keeping aside Nazi Ideology they were great ppl...

Their courage and iron discipline in WW2 was stuff of legend...had Hitler not lost his wits in the post Russian invasion era...Germany would have held its own against the Russians...

However one thing you guys should take into account...for most part Germany did not have qualitative edge in armaments...it was the synergy they achieved with what they had that is amazing...their quality was to bring their skills, tactics, weapons, discipline and courage together and perform way beyond the expected in face of overwhelming odds...

I mean they did not have any answer to T-34 till the advent of Panther and Tiger and you all can see that these two tanks were inducted very late in the war and had teething problems...moreover they were very few in numbers but still bled the Russians white...

Their courage and iron discipline in WW2 was stuff of legend...had Hitler not lost his wits in the post Russian invasion era...Germany would have held its own against the Russians...

However one thing you guys should take into account...for most part Germany did not have qualitative edge in armaments...it was the synergy they achieved with what they had that is amazing...their quality was to bring their skills, tactics, weapons, discipline and courage together and perform way beyond the expected in face of overwhelming odds...

I mean they did not have any answer to T-34 till the advent of Panther and Tiger and you all can see that these two tanks were inducted very late in the war and had teething problems...moreover they were very few in numbers but still bled the Russians white...

They initially did had qualitative edge, couple with it ppl like Rommel, they were pretty good in tactics as well, they Indeed revolutionized the warfare e.g. Invasion of France & the 'blitzkrieg' on Poland :)
What i feel is that Germans became over confident, moreover they did some extremely stupid mistakes on Eastern Front, they didnt cared about gaining any local support, initally some Russians welcomed them as ppl who will liberate them for 'Bolshevism', but instead of using this local support they completely lost it, when these areas where handed over to Gestapo :disagree:
moreover it was the obsession of Hitler (plus some stupid moves & over confidence) with Stalingrad which lead to total destruction of 6th Army(the Army about which he said, "I can March to Heaven with 6th Army), had he assembled all his units for one final Push towards Moscow, there was no way Russians could have stood the onslaught, In end there over confidence lead to slow progress in research for new weapons, e.g. i read some where that idea of jet A/Cs was initially proposed in 1941, but there was seen no need to fund the R&D here, they became really ignorant & many other reasons, but one thing is for sure no matter what was outcome of war Germans killed more Russians & Allied Forces & Waffen SS was indeed ppl were really Gladiators, in one of the Buildings in Berlin SS doomed Russikies in the end Russians brought down that building to get Rid of SS soldiers inside, one more thing i must mention was COMPLETE FAILURE OF NAZI INTELLIGENCE, they were just terrible in this field ...
back to Japanese, I m thinking what If Japanese were not over Confident in Battle of Midway:lol: their performance in Navy was terrible compared to USN, Japanese won each & every war in their history except ONE......
Anyways its all history, these nations have all potential to rise & shine.....

Last edited:
emo_girl ; Just imagine if any other battle ship have to face Yamato,

I don't think they stand a chance. :cheers:

Sure, non of the Ships stood any Chance against this beast, but in the end this master piece had almost zero Air support & Americans took full advantage & torpedoed it, making Yamato's grave in the depths on Pacific ocean :disagree:

Japan wants that land.

However, regarding DPRK, Japan will keep relations cordial. Japan wants to stake its claims in world affairs (which means world resources and wealth), so it won't be too confrontational with anyone. Question is whether Japan will accept its former position as a tributary state to Imperial China?! I say no at first, but in few years yes. :yahoo:

Imperial China?! :confused: :no:

Please think twice before using politically incorrect terms. :taz:

Imperial China?! :confused: :no:

Please think twice before using politically incorrect terms. :taz:

"Imperial" here is different from the Imperial of the Whites. 'Imperial China' is referring to its immense size (being 3 times as big as continental europe), not FOREIGN imperialistic policies. That's the important difference.

Another example:

The African Union (AU) is 'Imperial' in that it is a hugely large landmass of a continent that is UNITED. But it doesn't have Imperialistic tendencies to invade nor does it hurt countries outside of AU.

Hope that clarifies everything!

:china::pakistan::bunny:

They initially did had qualitative edge, couple with it ppl like Rommel, they were pretty good in tactics as well, they Indeed revolutionized the warfare e.g. Invasion of France & the 'blitzkrieg' on Poland :)
What i feel is that Germans became over confident, moreover they did some extremely stupid mistakes on Eastern Front, they didnt cared about gaining any local support, initally some Russians welcomed them as ppl who will liberate them for 'Bolshevism', but instead of using this local support they completely lost it, when these areas where handed over to Gestapo :disagree:
moreover it was the obsession of Hitler (plus some stupid moves & over confidence) with Stalingrad which lead to total destruction of 6th Army(the Army about which he said, "I can March to Heaven with 6th Army), had he assembled all his units for one final Push towards Moscow, there was no way Russians could have stood the onslaught, In end there over confidence lead to slow progress in research for new weapons, e.g. i read some where that idea of jet A/Cs was initially proposed in 1941, but there was seen no need to fund the R&D here, they became really ignorant & many other reasons, but one thing is for sure no matter what was outcome of war Germans killed more Russians & Allied Forces & Waffen SS was indeed ppl were really Gladiators, in one of the Buildings in Berlin SS doomed Russikies in the end Russians brought down that building to get Rid of SS soldiers inside, one more thing i must mention was COMPLETE FAILURE OF NAZI INTELLIGENCE, they were just terrible in this field ...
back to Japanese, I m thinking what If Japanese were not over Confident in Battle of Midway:lol: their performance in Navy was terrible compared to USN, Japanese won each & every war in their history except ONE......
Anyways its all history, these nations have all potential to rise & shine.....

It was Hitlers obsession with the Rifle that doomed him. He was shown the trials of the Jet that had build and that could have destroyed the allied bombers, in fact if i am not wrong they did make the jet and it did fly but that was so close to the end of the war that it didn't make any difference. It was Hitlers insistence with more and more R&D with in the rifles and not the air force. Then he had made a big mistake of not listening to many of his generals and keeping the final authority to himself. And especially ignoring Rommel's advise when he was fighting the allies in Africa. I think that that was the biggest blow to his chances. And you are right about the Germans, I remember reading about Barbarossa, he had come to the M.E with so many soldiers during the third crusade that had he not died the Germans would have colonized the whole of the ME. And he was the biggest worry for Salah din.
I am not that aware of the Japanese history so wont make any comments on it.

Back
Top Bottom