What's new

Japan's Growing Naval Power: Japan building more Atago Class GM Destroyers

Why u dragging China into this thread again ?!

Sorry, 4x Atagos and 4x Kongos have 96x MK41 VLS cells(can launch SM-II or SM-III), but 8x Akizukis have 32x MK41 VLS cells (currently only launch ESSM).
But 1000+ missiles are also killer combination (sams) :)

45k tons is not a mini carrier. It is the likes of the French Charles de Gaulle (R91) and the Russian Kuznetsov class (China Liaoning class), India's INS Vikrant etc. Or the USS America dockless LHA.

Yes, i read news said Akizuki plan to SM-III ... but right now still ESSM and there'r 4x8 MK41 VLS cells on the ship.
View attachment 192186

The Akizukis are , IMHO, an example of Japanese Navy's desire to build a 'comprehensive' Destroyer that not only will have excellent anti-Sub warfare capability, anti-ship , anti air capabilities. But also to make her an Anti-Ballistic Missile capable.

All we need to do now is to install Tomahawks on her sister ships. :)

45k tons is not a mini carrier. It is the likes of the French Charles de Gaulle (R91) and the Russian Kuznetsov class (China Liaoning class), India's INS Vikrant etc. Or the USS America dockless LHA.

Sir, the JS Izumo (+ her sister ship DDH184) will have a load displacement of 27,000 tonnes. It is the same weight class as the Italian Navy's Aircraft Carrier Cavour Napoli, and the Izumo Class is 4,000 tonnes heavier than the INS Viraat. Also , I will add that the 2nd Izumo Class Carrier will be significantly heavier than the JS Izumo. The 2nd one will be over 30,000 tonnes in displacement.

Let's compare:

Italian Navy's Cavour Napoli-
800px-Cavour_Napoli_2010[1].jpg

33_full[1].jpg

-----------

The JMSDF's Izumo Class ASW Carrier

1413608456-japan-starts-helicopter-carrier-izumo-on-sea-trials--sagami-bay_5973444[1].jpg

1413608454-japan-starts-helicopter-carrier-izumo-on-sea-trials--sagami-bay_5973436[1].jpg

15172983559_84e334109b_b[1].jpg

Frankly I am not sure...
The detailed data is unknown to all..
I think 055 will start building recently. Then we will get the latest information..
Also the number of VLS is not the key..
Radar and the missiles it can use are the key improvement of 055 comparing with other destroyer..

124 VLS according to Wikipedia :)

Whether you like it or not, the Americans serve a purpose of stabilizing the region. For the time being, their presence aligns with our interests.
right now, yes. but not after China is down. don't forget we know you so well. we had been fighting with each other for hundreds years, we know what you have got. when China is strong and prosperous, you are always holding backwards. when China is weak, the devil living in side of you will jump out immediately. and don't forget the two atomic bombs Yankee dropped on your head. Next time if you do something stupid again, China will give you the same gifts as our American friends gave.

the time of Japan'd gone, now it's China's era.

Sisters docked :)

image088[1].jpg
JS Ashigara (left) docked with the JS Kurama. The Ashigara is an Atago Class Destroyer, the Kurama is a Shirane Class Destroyer.

image114[1].jpg

JS Ashigara in fleet patrol.

right now, yes. but not after China is down. don't forget we know you so well. we had been fighting with each other for hundreds years, we know what you have got. when China is strong and prosperous, you are always holding backwards. when China is weak, the devil living in side of you will jump out immediately. and don't forget the two atomic bombs Yankee dropped on your head. Next time if you do something stupid again, China will give you the same gifts as our American friends gave.

the time of Japan'd gone, now it's China's era.

@wanglaokan: you used to be the good manner guy, why suddenly jump into our nice friend, @Nihonjin1051 's thread, remind about the hurt and threaten using nukes to his country.

@wanglaokan: you used to the good manner guy, why suddenly jump into our nice friend, @Nihonjin1051 's thread, remind about the hurt and threaten using nukes to his country.
that's the way Chinese would love to follow when it comes to Japan. the grudge is too deep to be removed. the Japanese military force is not gonna be a force of peace keeper forever before the current Japan government admit the crime the Imperial Japanese Nazi did to the whole human race especially China

that's the way Chinese would love to follow when it comes to Japan. the grudge is too deep to be removed. the Japanese military force is not gonna be a force of peace keeper forever before the current Japan government admit the crime the Imperial Japanese Nazi did to the whole human race especially China

Hi ,

I think you have been watching too many war movies. Japan is a stabilizing power, judge not the war of the past. Rather examine our vitae in war torn regions, our investments throuhout the world , and even in China. We were the first to invest in China , if that doesn't speek of our pragmatism and stabilizing character, then I don't think we should continue on talking.

Ask any nation around the world and what Japan has done for them, and you will see the true Japan.

Thanks

I will be nice to everyone except Right wing japan.

You say that now, but your first post here was rather unbecoming of you. Please, don't be too abrasive , we can exchange thoughts without having to be threatening.

But 1000+ missiles are also killer combination (sams) :)
OKay ... a 1,000 missiles Japan Navy is AWESOME in 2020 !

Just in 2014 year PLAN serving warships ... 6x 052C (6x 48 VLS cells of HHQ9, 100+km range), 1x 052D (8x 8 VLS cells of HHQ9B), 2x 051C (2x 48 RIF-M cells of SA-N-6C, 100+km range), 20x 054A FFGs(20x 32 VLS cells of HHQ16, 40~50km range) ... currently there'r 1,088x SAMs on China ships.

Next China continue launch new 2~3x 052D each year and 054A building will over 24x ... so to the end of 2015 year, i believe PLAN ships will own 1,200+ SAMs. (Im not include many HHQ7 widely used by PLAN, coz such 15km SAMs cheap for me. HHQ10's 10km also cheap ).

When 055 DDG (100+ HHQ9B SAMs) out ... im sure the Navy will easily up to 2,000+ SAMs within next 10~15 years. :coffee:

Last edited:
OKay ... a 1,000 missiles Japan Navy is AWESOME in 2020 !

Just in 2014 year PLAN serving warships ... 6x 052C (6x 48 VLS cells of HHQ9, 100+km range), 1x 052D (8x 8 VLS cells of HHQ9B), 20x 054A FFGs(20x 32 VLS cells of HHQ16, 40~50km range) ... currently there'r 992x SAMs on China ships.

Next China continue launch new 2~3x 052D each year and 054A building will over 24x ... so to the end of 2015 year, i believe PLAN ships will own 1,000+ SAMs. (Im not include many HHQ-7 such 15km SAMs, coz cheap for me)

Seriously, imagine if JMSDF and PLAN work together? What a scary and powerful force we would be, eh?

;)

Back
Top Bottom