What's new

Japan's economy grows at slower pace, raises stakes for Abenomics

They are trying to make it official of a closer tie with Taiwan in response to 连战's mainland visit and his meeting with President Xi.

I saw on TV that our spokesperson from Dept of Foreign Affairs has reprimanded that immediately

They are still delusional by believing that 2014 will be their lucky year, because it is 120 years after 1894.

Japs never had any long term strategy, only with greed and recklessness. Before they bombed Pearl Harbor, nobody thought they could be stupid like that.

When you counter argue Viet trolls, I don't say anything because some of what you say is true but
but I was reminding you of your true position. You claimed Italy as a 3rd rate country based on their WWII performance, I reminded you that China did not fair any better. Why get so mad at me, say my country doesn't exist and tell me I'm not USA?

Italy is pretty much a 3rd rate country, since the per capita is just an illusion.

When you don't have a strong robust military industrial foundation, it means your fundamental technology and industry are still weak. You don't have the qualification to become a true world power.

Even you have a relatively high GDP per capita, you will still live under the shadow of other world powers.

Now Japan has a very high GDP per capita, but why they are still far from the satisfaction about the current status of their country? Because they are pursuing to become a true world/military power.

Last edited:
Italy is pretty much a 3rd rate country, since the per capita is just an illusion.

When you don't have a strong robust military industrial foundation, it means your fundamental technology and industry are still weak. You don't have the qualification to become a true world power.

Even you have a relatively high GDP per capita, you will still leave under the shadow of other world powers.

Now Japan has a very high GDP per capita, but why they are still far from the satisfaction about the status of their country? Because they are pursuing to become a true world/military power.

3rd rate is a pretty harsh description, I can't imagine Switzerland or Norway being referred to as 3rd rate countries despite having the world's highest standard of living.

If China is able to continue its current trend without interference, China will eventually be a superpower; they have the size, economy, natural resources to do it.

Japan already knows they can't be a superpower. They have 0 natural resources, an aging population, little military infrastructure due to WWII constitution. They only want the world (especially China) to know that they will not go down without a fight.

There will be no war between China and Japan, everything is just for show. Japan has too much to lose and China does not want to fall back into the rubble it recently came out of and be cut off from world trade.

3rd rate is a pretty harsh description, I can't imagine Switzerland or Norway being referred to as 3rd rate countries despite having the world's highest standard of living.

If China is able to continue its current trend without interference, China will eventually be a superpower; they have the size, economy, natural resources to do it.

Japan already knows they can't be a superpower. They have 0 natural resources, an aging population, little military infrastructure due to WWII constitution. They only want the world (especially China) to know that they will not go down without a fight.

There will be no war between China and Japan, everything is just for show. Japan has too much to lose and China does not want to fall back into the rubble it recently came out of and be cut off from world trade.

They always dream to become a superpower, but not with their tiny four islands.

So they want to repeat the old path by invading other nations.

Otherwise, there is no reason to deny history and keeps worshiping those war criminals of the WWII.

Japan has again resorted to printing money after the recent spade of bad news。

But Japan has been printing moeny to revive its sacking economy for over 20 years,with the result that the country is now the most indebted in the world by a huge margin。

There is no way out for Japan,not even if it devalues yen to 150:1 to the dollar。

So does a Laundromat, your point being?

Nominal is more important for true comparison

Tell that to xunzi, he's the whole reason for this debate. :victory:
That absolutely false. I have taught you, GDP PPP is a much better indication due exchange rate and inflation in each country.

nations need strong rivals if theyre to be innovative and continue making progress. look up soviet/usa competitive era during cold war, for china to continue its grow there has to be plenty of rivals/enemies/competitors,etc... otherwise u will become lazy :D

GDP per capita = GDP/population

I repeat again. BOTH GDP per capital (PPP and nominal) are important. I did not say nominal is more important.
For your information, the debate started by that guy claiming GDP per capital is the best indication of country economy because he implied it represented the well-being of individual person. I countered that by saying no, and that the health of the economy had many factors but power was determined by nominal GDP, not per capital. And that if you want to take the individual well-being of each person, GDP per capital PPP is a much better indication since you must account for exchange rate and inflation in each country to truly have a meaningful idea of how each person can spend.

For us to have a GDP capital of 40,000, equivalent of US/Japan amount, we would need to produce a 60 trillion dollar economy that is more than the 80% of the WORLD's GDP.

For your information, the debate started by that guy claiming GDP per capital is the best indication of country economy because he implied it represented the well-being of individual person. I countered that by saying no, and that the health of the economy had many factors but power was determined by nominal GDP, not per capital. And that if you want to take the individual well-being of each person, GDP per capital PPP is a much better indication since you must account for exchange rate and inflation in each country to truly have a meaningful idea of how each person can spend.

For us to have a GDP capital of 40,000, equivalent of US/Japan amount, we would need to produce a 60 trillion dollar economy that is more than the 80% of the WORLD's GDP.

Current World GDP, not future.

Current World GDP, not future.
Obviously, I'm talking currently. For future GDP at our current growth rate of 8% and world current GDP growth rate of 3%. It would takes us over 60 years to achieve 40,000 per capital and the World would have a 200 trillion dollar economy and we account for 30% of the world gdp, as opposed of just 10%. For comparison, the US is a superpower accounting just 20% today. One thing is for sure, we would be too powerful to be contain. LOL

The thread is not about politics or war, its about economy.

GDP per Capita is a good indicator to show if a economy is good or bad, for exsample India has a much higher GDP than Switzerland but who has a better economy?

The condition of an economy is about vibrance, or growth. A stagnant or contracting economy is never good, regardless of its GDP per Capita. GDP per capita is rather a measure of the living standard, and that needs to be adjusted for ppp as well in order for it to be meaningful.

Last edited:

He did NOT claim it was the best indicator. The fact that I have to tell you again makes me think you aren't even reading what I said. I'm done here.

He did NOT claim it was the best indicator. The fact that I have to tell you again makes me think you aren't even reading what I said. I'm done here.
He SAID it was an indicator. You need to re-read this thread, especially his comment. I did read what you said but you seem to support his comment, instead of mine which is CORRECT.

He SAID it was an indicator. You need to re-read this thread, especially his comment. I did read what you said but you seem to support his comment, instead of mine which is CORRECT.
I support his comment because GDP per capita IS an indicator. All you do is claim him to be wrong because you THINK he said GDP per capita is the BEST indicator when that was not what he said and not what I believe as well.

Back
Top Bottom