What's new

Japan's best strategy to defeat China at sea

I understand that JMSDF has better experience than China navy.

However I am curious in what way JMSDF is more advanced than Chinese navy nowadays.

The JMSDF is the Legacy of the Imperial Navy. The Imperial Navy ever has decimated the Chinese in any and all engagements throughout history. Why, even when their Beyang Fleet outnumbered ours, still the Imperial Navy gutted their Beyang Fleet , forcing it to the depths of the East Sea.

Naval wise, JMSDF can eviscerate the PLAN.

:)

The JMSDF is the Legacy of the Imperial Navy. The Imperial Navy ever has decimated the Chinese in any and all engagements throughout history. Why, even when their Beyang Fleet outnumbered ours, still the Imperial Navy gutted their Beyang Fleet , forcing it to the depths of the East Sea.

finally we have shed that pacifist attitude, let's get it on, hopefully it's here to stay.

First of all, China and Japan hardly had any engagement in history, I dobut Japan could have wiped any of our historical fleets, in fact Hideoyshi got rocked by the Koreans and China during his invasion, in a way, way worse than the Russians in Russo Japanese war.

In terms of Beiyang, that government was weak as balls, you can't use that to say anything, by that logic, today's Japanese force can still force t he government to move to ChongQing if war.

Chinese ships had no ammo, that money was not given because the leader of Beiyang was at odds with the Financial minister.

Chinese ordered ships was also sold to Japan because again, money moved else where.

Japanese emperor personally saved and donated for the navy, we didn't lose to you, we lost to ourselves.

I dont see the connection of the two.
China was always weaker than Japan during 19th and 20th century, so no wonder if JMSDF should be stronger than chinese navy. Beiyang was powerful, but Ching dynasty era was clouded with corruption that make the maintenance of the beiyang ship was lousy.

Now we are talking about Chinese navy nowadays, in 21st century, with Liaoning, and dozen of aegis + supersonic missile, and DF21. The navy with budget higher than that of JMSDF.

Now we are talking about Chinese navy nowadays, in 21st century, with Liaoning, and dozen of aegis + supersonic missile, and DF21. The navy with budget higher than that of JMSDF.

1. Liaoning : confirmed a test AC, not practical one
2. Simply there's no Aegis combat ready ship in China Navy.
3. DF-21 is just a medium range ballistic missile, unproven.

Japan can only dream about to defeat China.

And vice versa.

When i was saying that you aren't peaceful. :devil::devil:
First,a conflict beteen China and Japan would probably draw the US,it is bound by a mutual defense treaty to protect Japan,and also has many bases in Japan.
The Japanese military is smaller than China's but has has a qualitative advantage over China.
The majority of Chinese weapons systems are old,i read somewhere,that only 450 of China's 7580 tanks are near modern,only 502 of china's aircrafts of about 1321 are deemed capable,the rest date to refurbished soviet planes from the 70's,only half of the submarines of China have been built within the past twenty years.
The Liaoning, is an old Soviet ship from the 1980s that is too small to launch most long-range planes and will probably be limited to hugging China's coast.
Japan has been supplied with advanced military hardware from 'MURICAH,in the coming year,Japan will buy new anti missile destroyed,submarines,amphibious vehicles,UAVs,fighter planes,and V22s,and Japan will receive soon its first F35. (If i'm not wrong ??)
The F-35 gives an advantage to Japan,because it could strike the Liaoning with hard-to-intercept joint strike missiles from a safe distance of ~290km. The F-35 should also be able to locate and engage China's main aircraft, the J-15 (??) before the Japanese F35 is even detected.
Japan is very well protected by a missile defense systems equipped with SM-3 missiles,and patriots PAC3.
it is sure that Japan has the strongest army,air force,navy in Asia (If we do not count the US :lol: ),but it is sure that your article 9 of your constitution is an handicap..
But i'll say that,China shouldn't be understated,they are rapidly modernising their forces,and their capabilities. (understating a country is a mistake !)
I hope that there will be never a conflict between JP and CN though.

Last edited:

And vice versa.
Well, I just tried to write the reality!

And vice versa.

Dont fall for the sun tzu strategy of the chinese. The liaoning test AC could be used during war time, eventhough they said it is only a test AC. Indeed it is not so powerful compared to nimitz class, but more than enough to defeat helicopter carrier class of JMSDF.

Aegis 052C class are combat ready now.

Well about unproven, F-22 and F-35 could be said like wise. But still, you wont bet your proven su-27/f-16 againts unproven F22/F35

Dont forget about supersonic missile and drones in chinese navy arsenal.

Now you should stop day dreaming and posting those propaganda paintings.

The Imperial Navy even decimated the Russian navy in the past, but can you claim you can beat today's Russian navy one on one?

The Imperial Navy is a thing in the past, today's modern naval warfare is not about the giant battleships.

China's Beiyang navy made the mistake by believing they were invincible against the more mechanized Imperial Navy, but you guys are the one who repeats the same mistake.

To my Chinese colleagues,

I don't want to engage in unnecessary and futile exchanges. Let us just agree to disagree.

Back to the subject matter tho. Shall we?

To my Chinese colleagues,

I don't want to engage in unnecessary and futile exchanges. Let us just agree to disagree.

Back to the subject matter tho. Shall we?

You can call your navy being vastly superior to the PLAN when you reach 50% of the USN.

But for now, you are not even 1% of the USN.

Dont fall for the sun tzu strategy of the chinese. The liaoning test AC could be used during war time, eventhough they said it is only a test AC. Indeed it is not so powerful compared to nimitz class, but more than enough to defeat helicopter carrier class of JMSDF.

Aegis 052C class are combat ready now.

Well about unproven, F-22 and F-35 could be said like wise. But still, you wont bet your proven su-27/f-16 againts unproven F22/F35

Dont forget about supersonic missile and drones in chinese navy arsenal.

Aegis combat system is something China doesn't have. I don't say 052C is not ready, but it's not Aegis combat system ready on board

Aegis combat system is something China doesn't have. I don't say 052C is not ready, but it's not Aegis combat system ready on board

Aegis-like combat system.

BTW, Japan got a decent navy, but it has no chance to fight against any of the P5 members.

Except USA, the other P4 members were not sitting there for nothing.

When i was saying that you aren't peaceful. :devil::devil:
First,a conflict beteen China and Japan would probably draw the US,it is bound by a mutual defense treaty to protect Japan,and also has many bases in Japan.
The Japanese military is smaller than China's but has has a qualitative advantage over China.
The majority of Chinese weapons systems are old,i read somewhere,that only 450 of China's 7580 tanks are near modern,only 502 of china's aircrafts of about 1321 are deemed capable,the rest date to refurbished soviet planes from the 70's,only half of the submarines of China have been built within the past twenty years.
The Liaoning, is an old Soviet ship from the 1980s that is too small to launch most long-range planes and will probably be limited to hugging China's coast.
Japan has been supplied with advanced military hardware from 'MURICAH,in the coming year,Japan will buy new anti missile destroyed,submarines,amphibious vehicles,UAVs,fighter planes,and V22s,and Japan will receive soon its first F35. (If i'm not wrong ??)
The F-35 gives an advantage to Japan,because it could strike the Liaoning with hard-to-intercept joint strike missiles from a safe distance of ~290km. The F-35 should also be able to locate and engage China's main aircraft, the J-15 (??) before the Japanese F35 is even detected.
Japan is very well protected by a missile defense systems equipped with SM-3 missiles,and patriots PAC3.
it is sure that Japan has the strongest army,air force,navy in Asia (If we do not count the US :lol: ),but it is sure that your article 9 of your constitution is an handicap..
But i'll say that,China shouldn't be understated,they are rapidly modernising their forces,and their capabilities. (understating a country is a mistake !)
I hope that there will be never a conflict between JP and CN though.

I dont see any validity of the above story.
Based on what year of data that you have on chinese PLAAF/PLAN?

Nowadays chinese has more modern a/c in term of quantity and quality (J-10A, J-11B) compared to what currently Japan has (F15J, F1)

Dont talk nonsese about F-35. JMSDF need real carrier that can launch F-35, Hyuga wont be able to handle F-35, it is helicopter a/c.

And currently there is none F-35 in Japan air force, leave alone JMSDF.

By the time Japan air fore has F-35, PLAAF will already have J-20 or J-31.

By the time J-15 enter Chinese navy, I still dont see any possibility JMSDF will have any a/c that can be launched from Hyuga.

Maybe JMSDF will have real carrier? still maybe, but if that finally happen - then at that time you will see already J-31 or navalized J-20 launched from the new chinese second or third a/c carrier.

I am not talking from national price, but I am talking based on reality.

Nowadays chinese has more modern a/c in term of quantity and quality (J-10A, J-11B) compared to what currently Japan has (F15J, F1)

Dont talk nonsese about F-35. JMSDF need real carrier that can launch F-35, Hyuga wont be able to handle F-35, it is helicopter a/c.

By the time J-15 enter Chinese navy, I still dont see any possibility JMSDF will have any a/c that can be launched from Hyuga.

Maybe JMSDF will have real carrier? still maybe, but if that finally happen - then at that time you will see already J-31 or navalized J-20 launched from the new chinese second or third a/c carrier.

PS, the PLAN now has the D5 equivalent SLBM like JL-2 in possession.

Even the USN will think twice of engaging into a battle with the PLAN in its turf.

And I think this author has the motive to convince Japan to become their cannon fodder.

You are welcome to speculate , buddy. But you need to review more on the current strengths and capabilities of the JMSDF, JASDF, JGSDF + US Pacific Command.

Back
Top Bottom