What's new

Japanese war criminals' confessions of crime in invading China

@Genesis

I know that the war between our two countries is a very , very sensitive topic for both Chinese and Japanese. Even for me. So let me try to answer your questions to the best of my ability and in my own opinion. As one genuine Japanese to a genuine Chinese.

First and foremost, I am sorry. I am sorry that the war took place, I am sorry that so many Chinese people died, many innocent civilians who had nothing to do with politics, no knowledge of designs of empire, but were caught at the wrong place and wrong time. Perhaps you had family members , relatives who experienced the war first hand, and perhaps they shared with you their personal anecdotes. Many Chinese died in that war, be they civilian or military.

May their souls rest in peace, May God give them peace.

For me, the war was absolute travesty for my family. My grandfather was one of 4 sons in his family. All of them were drafted to serve in the Imperial Armed Forces. My Grandfather served in the Imperial Japanese Navy, and his 3 younger brothers , too, served in the Imperial Navy. Out of 4 sons, only 1 returned home to Japan alive after the war. That was my grandfather.

From what my grandfather told me, when his father was informed that 3 of his sons, beloved, perished , he succumbed to a deep depression, which he never really was capable of coming out of. My grandfather's mother , too , was devastated. My grand uncles who died in the war, never came home, their bodies were lost in sea. The Yasukuni Shrine is for all Japan's young men and boys who died in the war; where , in the Shinto belief, their souls can rest. It is a grave, you see, for the some 3 million young men and boys who died and fought for Japan. I have visited Yasukuni Shrine many times before , and it was to give obeiscance to the spirit/ souls of my grand-uncles. This is why, to the average Japanese person who has family enshrined there, it is righteous of them to visit them, care for them, remember them. We pray for them, their souls, for their sins. As we pray for the souls of those who died by the actions of Japan.

I hope, and I pray, you can understand why Yasukuni shrine is of emotional significance for Japan. That shrine, for many young Japanese , are the only physical remnant/ grave they have of their father, uncle, grandfather, grand-uncle, great-grand father, great-grand uncle etc, etc, etc.

I remember as a child visiting Yasukuni with my grandfather. When my grandfather saw the names of his 3 brothers, he broke down in tears, prostrated , he was crying so deep,... and kept on repeating "My little brothers...my little brothers...how long have i missed you. I miss you.."

It was emotional, for him. For me.

I will end this now, because i am already brought to tears.

Please, accept my apology,
Thank You.

The consequences of war, especially the brutality seen in war is beyond words. However, far more Chinese died during the Cultural Revolution and the famine that resulted from such revolution, than in the Second Sino Japanese War. The same in Soviet History; more Russians died by the policies of Stalin than by the Nazi invasion.

But do we see the vilification of Mao Zedong's cultural warfare? The subsequent loss of cultural artifacts, temples in China? Nay, he has practically been pseudo-deified by the State.

Just a perspective, if I may.

Sociologist Daniel Chirot claims that around 100 million people suffered and at least one million people, and perhaps as many as 20 million, died in the Cultural Revolution

It is estimated that 20 million people died to Japanese invaders, so I'm not sure if it is "far more".

Either way, when I read new sites (yahoo, youtube), many Japanese nationalist will use Cultural Revolution argument to justify WW2, which is kind of silly. That is like Al Qaeda justifying September 11 attack because Americans were killing each other in the civil war.

Also Stalin didn't really kill that many Russians, the people that died were minority groups like the Chechen. Stalin killed 20 million or so in USSR, Nazi killed 26 million.

Japanese young generation, visiting their grandfather(s), grand-uncle(s),

9f31beafd4ef41e18326bb7ef2323ce1.jpg

51e1488ab35c1.jpg

Shinto festival; shinto priest beginning prayer for souls of the dead loved ones, family members...

The consequences of war, especially the brutality seen in war is beyond words. However, far more Chinese died during the Cultural Revolution and the famine that resulted from such revolution, than in the Second Sino Japanese War. The same in Soviet History; more Russians died by the policies of Stalin than by the Nazi invasion.

But do we see the vilification of Mao Zedong's cultural warfare? The subsequent loss of cultural artifacts, temples in China? Nay, he has practically been pseudo-deified by the State.

Just a perspective, if I may.

That's like saying the Nazi commit atrocity because of other country did it, etc.

That's like saying the Nazi commit atrocity because of other country did it, etc.

Death of life , and the crimes are equal. And the crime(s) committed on the innocent people are beyond words. May they rest in peace...

@Genesis

I know that the war between our two countries is a very , very sensitive topic for both Chinese and Japanese. Even for me. So let me try to answer your questions to the best of my ability and in my own opinion. As one genuine Japanese to a genuine Chinese.

First and foremost, I am sorry. I am sorry that the war took place, I am sorry that so many Chinese people died, many innocent civilians who had nothing to do with politics, no knowledge of designs of empire, but were caught at the wrong place and wrong time. Perhaps you had family members , relatives who experienced the war first hand, and perhaps they shared with you their personal anecdotes. Many Chinese died in that war, be they civilian or military.

May their souls rest in peace, May God give them peace.

For me, the war was absolute travesty for my family. My grandfather was one of 4 sons in his family. All of them were drafted to serve in the Imperial Armed Forces. My Grandfather served in the Imperial Japanese Navy, and his 3 younger brothers , too, served in the Imperial Navy. Out of 4 sons, only 1 returned home to Japan alive after the war. That was my grandfather.

From what my grandfather told me, when his father was informed that 3 of his sons, beloved, perished , he succumbed to a deep depression, which he never really was capable of coming out of. My grandfather's mother , too , was devastated. My grand uncles who died in the war, never came home, their bodies were lost in sea. The Yasukuni Shrine is for all Japan's young men and boys who died in the war; where , in the Shinto belief, their souls can rest. It is a grave, you see, for the some 3 million young men and boys who died and fought for Japan. I have visited Yasukuni Shrine many times before , and it was to give obeiscance to the spirit/ souls of my grand-uncles. This is why, to the average Japanese person who has family enshrined there, it is righteous of them to visit them, care for them, remember them. We pray for them, their souls, for their sins. As we pray for the souls of those who died by the actions of Japan.

I hope, and I pray, you can understand why Yasukuni shrine is of emotional significance for Japan. That shrine, for many young Japanese , are the only physical remnant/ grave they have of their father, uncle, grandfather, grand-uncle, great-grand father, great-grand uncle etc, etc, etc.

I remember as a child visiting Yasukuni with my grandfather. When my grandfather saw the names of his 3 brothers, he broke down in tears, prostrated , he was crying so deep,... and kept on repeating "My little brothers...my little brothers...how long have i missed you. I miss you.."

It was emotional, for him. For me.

I will end this now, because i am already brought to tears.

Please, accept my apology,
Thank You.

20 million Chinese dead, maybe more. Hopefully you can understand, for as much lost you guys have we got it 10 times more. If us keeping you from the shrines makes you sad, then you guys visiting the shrines makes them angry. It's not ridicules for me to say this is it. What is your feeling when America celebrates dropping of the atomic bomb and ending WW2?

It's not an ideal situation, and there isn't a win win situation. It would be different if China and Japanese relationship had been different, but it isn't. Today we are once again at a crossroad, would the pain and suffering of the last generation go with them? Or would history repeat itself.

We get dealt the hand we get dealt. Fair? No.

To be blunt, this Shrine issue isn't so much about the feelings of family anymore, it's political. A tool Abe uses to garner support, a tool Xi uses to justify expanding interests.

If you support the shrine for the reasons you listed, then you shouldn't support Abe, because he is turning a shrine that should be a connection to lost relatives and a reminder to the present to not repeat mistakes, he is using it for the exact opposite reasons.

If he had been consistent in visiting the shrine that be different, why didn't he visit during his first PMship, if he visits solely for the dead, he shouldn't care what others think, but to him the shrine clearly has political meaning, and he knows it, and he exploits it.

Visiting the shrine is normal, if not for the political aspects. Why put war criminals in there? They were directly responsible, they were elected or entrusted by the people, and they betrayed the people for their own personal interests and personal glory. They are not the same as soldiers for they had the one thing the soldiers didn't have, a choice. They made it.

While reading your post, it is personal for you, this current issue with the shrine is anything but personal.

I understand , and I empathize for the Chinese point of view.

i garee with you about CPC's wrong policy against oppositions and radical economic directions,but in the vast history,so many countries in its different ages have similar hitsory.i give you a example,1955.7、1961.10etc.France govt suppress the people with dissenting opinion,and led to lots of people death.and shall we forget what france suffered by fascists causing of the France govt suppressing people after WW2?
we should not forget the pains and invasions,and we should not forget the innocents' causing of CPC executing the wrong policy.and these two things are totally different things,you cant excuse japanese's crimes against china even asia by CPC's erroneous path.

IMO,i dont hate all of japanese,i hate those japanese deny aggressive wars and bloodbath,they break the chinese's hearts.it is them who blocking off the relations between china and jap,SK and jap.when abe visited to the Yasukuni war shrine which settle down the dead persons invading and massacring chinese,are chinese supposed to feel cool with this bastard?
do you think Merkel would visit and salute the Hitler's grave?

if not,shut your big mouth up and do some researh for your ignorant mind and data .you are not a chinese,you never feel our compatriots' sufferring.

by the way.i am satisfied with CPC's present achievement,sure,i will never forget the so-called "Three Years of Natural Disasters"、“Great Leap Forward”、“the Great Cultural Revolution”.

While PRC always tell Japan to apologize for her war crime, she never apologize for the crime of communist party. In fact, no just Mao Zedong but the entire communist party commit crime against humanity.

The top 4 responsible for all death are

1) Mao Zedong
2) Liu Shaoqi
3) Deng Xiaoping
4) Zhou Enlai

Deng Xiaoping was the boss of anti-rightist purge, that brought harm to the entire soul of China. 反右

one side chinese whining for their own deads and for their suffer from japan but they did not learn anything and doing same things to tibetians and uyghurs.. with the same passion japanese soilders did for their country..

i garee with you about CPC's wrong policy against oppositions and radical economic directions,but in the vast history,so many countries in its different ages have similar hitsory.i give you a example,1955.7、1961.10etc.France govt suppress the people with dissenting opinion,and led to lots of people death.and shall we forget what france suffered by fascists causing of the France govt suppressing people after WW2?
we should not forget the pains and invasions,and we should not forget the innocents' causing of CPC executing the wrong policy.and these two things are totally different things,you cant excuse japanese's crimes against china even asia by CPC's erroneous path.

IMO,i dont hate all of japanese,i hate those japanese deny aggressive wars and bloodbath,they break the chinese's hearts.it is them who blocking off the relations between china and jap,SK and jap.when abe visited to the Yasukuni war shrine which settle down the dead persons invading and massacring chinese,are chinese supposed to feel cool with this bastard?
do you think Merkel would visit and salute the Hitler's grave?

if not,shut your big mouth up and do some researh for your ignorant mind and data .you are not a chinese,you never feel our compatriots' sufferring.

by the way.i am satisfied with CPC's present achievement,sure,i will never forget the so-called "Three Years of Natural Disasters"、“Great Leap Forward”、“the Great Cultural Revolution”.

While PRC always tell Japan to apologize for her war crime, she never apologize for the crime of communist party. In fact, no just Mao Zedong but the entire communist party commit crime against humanity.

The top 4 responsible for all death are

1) Mao Zedong
2) Liu Shaoqi
3) Deng Xiaoping
4) Zhou Enlai

Deng Xiaoping was the boss of anti-rightist purge, that brought harm to the entire soul of China. 反右

The Japanese as always has lots and lots of excuses.

Do the Japanese government or public knows about these atrocities?

Contest to kill 100 people using a sword - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Contest_To_Cut_Down_100_People.jpg

Wartime accounts
In 1937, the Osaka Mainichi Shimbun and its sister newspaper the Tokyo Nichi Nichi Shimbun covered a contest between two Japanese officers, Toshiaki Mukai (向井敏明?) and Tsuyoshi Noda (野田毅?), in which the two men were described as vying with one another to be the first to kill 100 people with a sword. The competition supposedly took place en route to Nanking, directly prior to the infamous Nanking Massacre, and was covered in four articles, from November 30 to December 13, 1937, the two last being translated in the Japan Advertiser.

FYI, Mainichi Shimbun (Daily News) is one of the major newspapers in Japan.

Trial and execution
After the war, a written record of the contest found its way into the documents of the International Military Tribunal for the Far East. Soon after, the two soldiers were extradited to China, tried by the Nanjing War Crimes Tribunal, convicted of atrocities committed during the Battle of Nanking and the subsequent massacre, and on January 28, 1948, both soldiers were executed at Yuhuatai execution chamber by the Chinese government.

Besides the brutality of Japanese army in WWII, Japan is the first yellow-race country who defeated the white,
1905, Japan-Russia war.
and, the second, China, Korea war in 1950s.

That's nonsense, the Mongols invaded Europe in 1300-1400's. Definitely not the first time a European power lost to a non European power.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom