What's new

Japanese/Korean/Chinese/Indonesian and other Far East Movies on Netflix

Arie Kriting screaming wkwkwk

We also can bring Indonesian movies in other video streaming like Disney HotStar. Many Indonesian made movies can be found in Disney Hot star as well

Lol.
Arie Kriting, he is stand up comedian from Papua also in Comic 8 (2014) action/comedy

Fun movie to watch. :D

Last edited:
Tencent is known for mobile games mostly, not movies adaptation.
This coming from some one who claims Japanese brands are more popular than Chinese brands in China. If you don't know anything about Tencent, then don't comment on it.

This coming from some one who claims Japanese brands are more popular than Chinese brands in China. If you don't know anything about Tencent, then don't comment on it.
Didn't someone prove that by posting the best selling freezers in China in 2020 and one brand was Panasonic?
Anyway, that's how I know of Tencent, bro, Wechat and mobile games (but I don't consider Wechat entertainment). Correct me if I'm wrong.

I like war movies with ancient story, but I would say Chinese movies on this genre has already been lost to Japanese and Korean. The fight look too imaginative and not real. I mean just look how Japanese made movie like this :

And Korean made movie

Hollywood or Western Netflix movies are still popular though with this genre where people are fighting with swords

People are subscribing Prime Video in order to watch these kind movies

I only watch Great Wall for Chinese related movie but it is made by Western producer

I can’t watch live action Japanese movies, they are trying to remake anime with live people and it just doesn’t work. The acting is so awkward when people try to imitate anime behaviours. Also I find Japanese actors either over act or are too emotionally rigid, it doesn’t seem natural. The Great Wall is a terrible movie, it’s like Chinese food made for white people. It’s so inauthentic it’s cringy.

But I do agree Korean historic dramas are getting really good. It feels authentic Korean with on point acting and suspenseful storylines. Kingdom was on of the better series I’ve seen.

Yawn, Jin Yong is like Bruce Lee, Jet Li, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stalone. Good during the golden age. But, nobody looks up to them anymore.

Nowadays people look up to xianxia and scifi and donghua-style anime girls. The age of wuxia is long passe.
Wuxia is getting played out but xianxia is just an even less appealing form of wuxia. They almost all gay love stories with magic and kungfu mixed in. Anime influence needs to stop, it’s infantilizing everything. These no realism in new movies anymore, everything has to be too cute or pretty.

Last edited:
I can’t watch live action Japanese movies, they are trying to remake anime with live people and it just doesn’t work. The acting is so awkward when people try to imitate anime behaviours. Also I find Japanese actors either over act or are too emotionally rigid, it doesn’t seem natural. The Great Wall is a terrible movie, it’s like Chinese food made for white people. It’s so inauthentic it’s cringy.

But I do agree Korean historic dramas are getting really good. It feels authentic Korean with on point acting and suspenseful storylines. Kingdom was on of the better series I’ve seen.

Wuxia is getting played out but xianxia is just an even less appealing form of wuxia. They almost all gay love stories with magic and kungfu mixed in. Anime influence needs to stop, it’s infantilizing everything. These no realism in new movies anymore, everything has to be too cute or pretty.
With the slow death of wuxia, anime is the only medium with good fight scenes, like Chainsaw Man and CP: Edgerunners.

Xianxia's CGI is too crappy for now, and it just looks weird in live action.

With the slow death of wuxia, anime is the only medium with good fight scenes, like Chainsaw Man and CP: Edgerunners.

Xianxia's CGI is too crappy for now, and it just looks weird in live action.
Yeah, but you know they won’t make any that gory in Chinese movies, the market now is mostly cute anime boys and girls for kids. It’s not very exciting.

Yeah, but you know they won’t make any that gory in Chinese movies, the market now is mostly cute anime boys and girls for kids. It’s not very exciting.
I'm not sure why chinese war movies are very gory but their wuxia movies are not?

I'm not sure why chinese war movies are very gory but their wuxia movies are not?
Wuxia is very tamed, at most you’re gonna see some blood, maybe some limbs removed in a cartoonish way but you’re not gonna see any guts that are realistic.

Wuxia is very tamed, at most you’re gonna see some blood, maybe some limbs removed in a cartoonish way but you’re not gonna see any guts that are realistic.
HK wuxia has blood spurt and dismemberment.
Look at Swordsman II.
It seems China's censorship system butting in, but it's weird that they allow war movies to be gore fest, but not wuxia, I don't remember this kind of restriction back in the 00s.

HK wuxia has blood spurt and dismemberment.
Look at Swordsman II.
It seems China's censorship system butting in, but it's weird that they allow war movies to be gore fest, but not wuxia, I don't remember this kind of restriction back in the 00s.
I mean old kungfu movies I always thought the “gore” was quite cartoonish. I’m talking game of thrones esq kind of gore with a high level of realism, the kind that makes you squirm a bit. Don’t get me wrong the old kungfu movies were fun, but I always thought the effects were a bit campy.

LOL the Phillipines just jump-frogs to the top rank of SEA countries for movies.
Looking super!

Man, new Trigun series in 3D CGI, and it looks friggin' good:

If Japan masters 3D animation, it's literally over, we will see even more anime.

Started Rurouni Kenshin movie series because of this thread. Not bad.

@Indos
I like all samurai-x anime ost

And became fans of One Ok Rock after watching rurouni kenshin,..

Cant wait their last/final movie of Rurouni Kenshin

Last edited:
2 Indonesian made action movie. Not yet in Netflix, but very likely be in Netflix several months from now. Looks good ones

This another Indonesian movie below has already been in Netlix and become the second most watch in Netflix a week ago when I watch it. Good one. Recommended

Back
Top Bottom