What's new

Japanese forces' name and role to change

Another world power is waking up again.. Far East might become a mess in coming decades..

I do not want world war 3 to break out....

Competition is always good for the world. Let Japan wake up again.

That's right. I do things in the interest of my people, and so does everyone else.

I want to see Japan and China re-engage in the same way they did during the Sino-Japanese War of the WWII era.

It should be real interesting to see who comes out the winner. Oh, and no nukes allowed!

you are crazy!

That's right. I do things in the interest of my people, and so does everyone else.

I want to see Japan and China re-engage in the same way they did during the Sino-Japanese War of the WWII era.

It should be real interesting to see who comes out the winner. Oh, and no nukes allowed!

if you want ww2 scenario back, Japs and Germany will be your enemy, Sino and Russia will be your ally .. is not it interesting ?

Japan should reverse its constitution and go nuclear ASAP.

if they grow nuke, your will be the victim of jap nuke, jap is the only nation which was nuked not only just one time but two times and that is by USA. Jap still has that feelings, if jap gets any chance first it will nuke USA for revenge.

if they grow nuke, your will be the victim of jap nuke, jap is the only nation which was nuked not only just one time but two times and that is by USA. Jap still has that feelings, if jap gets any chance first it will nuke USA for revenge.

and what do you think will happen if they nuke USA? Japan would be obliterated by massive retaliation, and they know that. Japan is a rational actor, and would not nuke anyone first. Knowing full well, they would never survive a nuclear retaliation. With all due respect, my opinion on the matter still stands.

and what do you think will happen if they nuke USA? Japan would be obliterated by massive retaliation, and they know that. Japan is a rational actor, and would not nuke anyone first. Knowing full well, they would never survive a nuclear retaliation. With all due respect, my opinion on the matter still stands.

Do not underestimate Japs ability :astagh: anyway, i am saying that it is not good news for you too, you can not ignore past factor

Japanese people are pretty cool in general. Very cordial and polite, but of course it's a façade. Behind closed doors they whisper about other Asians being inferior, just like white people keep their racist remarks private. It's in their blood, they can't help it. I respectfully disagree with wholegrain, that right wing Japan has an agenda to replace U.S. as the military superpower of asia. They know how rash and reckless Red China could be, so they need WMD for deterrence. They know they will not catch China sleeping w/ pants down again for a long time. They are not stupid. They just don't trust the US policing the region alone.

Also, resources are scarce, so they fight for every little pieces. but to china diayudao (senkuku) is a matter of national pride and reminiscence of imperial japan, which boils the blood of every Chinese. I think both countries have a point, but they are on different pages and hold different priorities.

But, it's not something worth plunging the entire region into chaos. Both countries should tone down the rhetoric. the point is, no need to rearm if both countries would chill out, step back, and reassess.

Do not underestimate Japs ability :astagh: anyway, i am saying that it is not good news for you too, you can not ignore past factor

The past doesn't always predicate notions of what the future may hold.

An assertive Japan can surely become a great headache for its neighbors though. It is a thresh-hold sate after all with all the wherewithal to go nuclear and amass a sizable arsenal. Let us see how they play it out..by the way their Kokkai is behaving its very much possible within the next decade.

it has nothing to do with underestimating sir. I actually have a lot of respect for Japan and Japanese culture. its a matter of Japan not wanting to commit national suicide. Which is exactly what it would be doing if it (or any other country for that matter) launched a first strike against the United States. This isn't a video game where people respawn and get second chances. So I don't view it as bad news for me. A lot of things have changed since WW2 and as as you said "past factor"

No disrespect to you BDforever, but I've noticed around here that some people will say "nuke this" and "Nuke that" so casually like its a video game. This is the real world we're talking about. Some people here live in some kind of fantasy land about that. Fortunately, most people here are rational thinkers that don't indulge in that nonsense.

it has nothing to do with underestimating sir. I actually have a lot of respect for Japan and Japanese culture. its a matter of Japan not wanting to commit national suicide. Which is exactly what it would be doing if it (or any other country for that matter) launched a first strike against the United States. This isn't a video game where people respawn and get second chances. So I don't view it as bad news for me. A lot of things have changed since WW2 and as as you said "past factor"

No disrespect to you BDforever, but I've noticed around here that some people will say "nuke this" and "Nuke that" so casually like its a video game. This is the real world we're talking about. Some people here live in some kind of fantasy land about that. Fortunately, most people here are rational thinkers that don't indulge in that nonsense.

well i agree with you about nuke part and thats why i really wonder why USA has so many nukes which can destroy the whole world more than 6 times. USA used nuke on japan even though there was nuke threat, do not you think it is also indirectly pushing others to have nuke ?

Competition is always good for the world. Let Japan wake up again.
Right for sure, it's nature...
that's just communism -- you should know that better than anyone.
Huh, I just said about an individual, and Vietnam has different from China ... :whistle:
Japanese people are pretty cool in general. Very cordial and polite, but of course it's a façade. Behind closed doors they whisper about other Asians being inferior, just like white people keep their racist remarks private. It's in their blood, they can't help it. I respectfully disagree with wholegrain, that right wing Japan has an agenda to replace U.S. as the military superpower of asia. They know how rash and reckless Red China could be, so they need WMD for deterrence. They know they will not catch China sleeping w/ pants down again for a long time. They are not stupid. They just don't trust the US policing the region alone.

Also, resources are scarce, so they fight for every little pieces. but to china diayudao (senkuku) is a matter of national pride and reminiscence of imperial japan, which boils the blood of every Chinese. I think both countries have a point, but they are on different pages and hold different priorities.

But, it's not something worth plunging the entire region into chaos. Both countries should tone down the rhetoric. the point is, no need to rearm if both countries would chill out, step back, and reassess.
Right, hope you two can get well together and bring prosperous to Asia.
The past doesn't always predicate notions of what the future may hold.

An assertive Japan can surely become a great headache for its neighbors though. It is a thresh-hold sate after all with all the wherewithal to go nuclear and amass a sizable arsenal. Let us see how they play it out..by the way their Kokkai is behaving its very much possible within the next decade.
I'm agree with you.

China is the odd one out here. Both Koreans and Japanese are willing to cooperate for regional peace, but China wants to push both these nations closer to the US, and its doing the same to India. China is a force against Asian unity.

China is the odd one out here. Both Koreans and Japanese are willing to cooperate for regional peace, but China wants to push both these nations closer to the US, and its doing the same to India. China is a force against Asian unity.

History issues and natural competition for sure. Same thing in Sino-Vietnam relationship.

Back
Top Bottom