What's new

Japan woos ASEAN with $20 billion aid pledge

well, you are right with one part: Japan current economics and finance policy are not sustainable in the long run. The public debt is too high, also the government budget deficit.

But at least Japan has a strong manufactoring basis, while Indonesia not. Correct me if I am wrong: I read your non-oil-gas-commodity sector only accounts for 8 per cent of total economic output. If Japan economy is a buble, then Indonesia economy is a bigger buble. You simply are more or less a natural resources provider similar to some resource rich African countries.

Manufacturing is quite big in our output........Oil and gas is not much any more now......Commodities are quite high as well.......Our manufacturing out put is actually not too far from India. Here the data from The World Bank :

Manufacturing, value added (current US$) | Data | Table

Last edited:
well, you are right with one part: Japan current economics and finance policy are not sustainable in the long run. The public debt is too high, also the government budget deficit.

But at least Japan has a strong manufactoring basis, while Indonesia not. Correct me if I am wrong: I read your non-oil-gas-commodity sector only accounts for 8 per cent of total economic output. If Japan economy is a buble, then Indonesia economy is a bigger buble. You simply are more or less a natural resources provider similar to some resource rich African countries.

Wrong, Super Wrong

in 2010 alone, oil and gas, including refined products only account 7 percent of total Indonesia's GDP. See the underlined section. Indonesia is not Nigeria with heavy reliance on oil and gas.

Attachments

• oil gas.jpg
    oil gas.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 42
Then, they must accept it. In history, we were the Conqueror of the South when Japan is just isolated islands located in barren land with full of volcanoes. We have far more important location than Japan, we also defeated US while they can not. So, we deserve to get a higher rank in Asia than Japan .

Japanese cant counts on USA. US will run away like in VN war when they think they cant win. When US run away again , then Japan will be erased on the world map like South VN :pop:

Vietnam is of great potential, but Japan will not transfer highend technologies to VN just because VN has great potential, why should they? Japan wants an ally to counter China, not a competitor.

Abe´s main policy is weakening the Yen, not strengthen it. So he orders the Bank of Japan to print fresh money worth trillions of dollar in the next few years. The goal is to have inflation of minimum of 2% and recovering of the economy. The Yen is on the downward trend, and it is unlikely that Japan returns to the strong Yen.

We don´t know details of the $20bn aid, but we can assume that condition is simillar of ODA: 20, 30 or 40 years run time with interest rate of 0.5 per cent.

Of course Japan weakened JPN YEN on purpose, the question is, will JPN YEN still be weak in 20 years time? How are you so sure about that?
Like America QE, the money Japan printed will not be injected domestically, the money has to be injected into global market; the best way is by loan or by investment. So that it can use printed money to grab real assets from other countries. Japan's public debt is about two times of its GDP, where does Japan get $20bn to aid ASEAN? Think about it.

STRIKE THREE YOU SUCK!!!

Back
Top Bottom