What's new

Japan wants Pakistan to open CPEC for other countries

I don't think Pakistan have stopped Japan to invest. Pakistan is always looking for investment in G-B dams for example :D

if it is true then pak & china should have understanding regarding japanese investment.(investment should be FDI). i think pak & china should encourage minimum investment by other nations. once they would have invested then there will be less chances to oppose this project by investors. pak & china will always have superiority

Last edited:
China always wants to bring Japan in but Japan is very often very cautious. A positive move indeed.

Start by taking the junk that is Suzuki Mehran off the road. :partay:
Suzuki Mehran has nothing to do with Japan. It is manufactured and marketed by Pakistani branch of Suzuki for Pakistan only since it is not available anywhere else. And this branch is owned by a Pakistani. Until the govt changes the policy, this kind of cheap cars will keep selling in Pakistan.

CPEC is for all except randi rona nation aka India

Every day of my life I mix with Chinese having breakfast, lunch and Dinner- know Chinese culture unlike Pakistanis.
Also I have Chinese friends from mainland who have stayed with me- learned Mandarin in 1995/96- in two weeks continuing my Mandarin classes to improve to a higher level.I know what I am writing.

You are not Chinese and you don't know Chinese culture.Just as you will hear a lot of negative remarks and criticism from Chinese forums and members against our government but you will find Chinese society is still stable and safe.(Before the USA thinks the youth will overthrow CCP government with years when Chinese is more and more rich and open-minded.But obviously,they are wrong).A lot of foreigners think Chinese is without religion but actually we are influeced by confucian.So if you just comment from the presentation,you are totally wrong.Chinese is into inclusion and cooperation but confrotation.China is ruled by kind of nationalities but finally they must abide by Chinese traditional culture but their national culture.Why I say those?I just wanna tell you don't comment Chinese from the presentation,if you know our culture well,you will understand us right.But frankly you are not blooded and you don't live here,you could not understand our thought and policy well.That is why the westerners always misjudge China and make the wrong decision.

Don't say some irrelevant words here and it is no use.Nobody is idiot in this word.We don't lack smart and intellectual persons in this world but just-do-it persons.I am glad that Pakistan is more and more prosperous and we as Chinese common citizens are very glad to see that.

Suzuki Mehran has nothing to do with Japan. It is manufactured and marketed by Pakistani branch of Suzuki for Pakistan only since it is not available anywhere else. And this branch is owned by a Pakistani. Until the govt changes the policy, this kind of cheap cars will keep selling in Pakistan.

xHwk6sa.jpg

If you want to talk about why US/Japan are falling behind in Pakistan, look into Diamer-Bhasha Dam.
Pakistan is open for business to all. World Bank (US) played politics with Diamer-Bhasha Dam and ADB (Japan) chose to follow it which is their prerogative since Japan does have a much larger trading relationship with US but then lets not pretend that somehow Pakistan has been unfair to "decades old business partner". As far as Pakistan is concerned, we are just looking for investment and development.

Last edited:
if it is true then pak & china should have understanding regarding japanese investment.(investment should be FDI). i think pak & china should encourage minimum investment by other nations. once they would have invested then there will be less chances to oppose this project by investors. pak & china will always have superiority

Japanese enterprises will be invited sooner or later,even though they may not participate into a lot of infrastructures but more and more Japanese companies will be invited to industry zones. A good plan must be opened not just with Pakistan and China.OBOR is opened or else Chinese government will not invite those nations to Beijing for the summit.Japanese technology and quality is superior,even Chinese market is opened to Japanese enterprises.Like Xi's word,don't politicize OBOR,politicization is too short sighted if so.

Japan first needs to reign in their sister company Pakistan Suzuki here in Pakistan. Most of their investment is very much restricted to automobiles in the form of suzuki cars with huge price tag. With CPEC happening, and reasonable prices control, their transport vehicles can earn huge profits over the next decade or so.

xHwk6sa.jpg

If you want to talk about why Japan is falling behind in Pakistan, look into Diamer-Bhasha Dam.
Pakistan is open for business to all. Japan choose to follow World Bank which is their prerogative since they have a much larger trading relationship with US but then lets not pretend that somehow Pakistan has been unfair to "decades old business partner". As far as Pakistan is concerned, we are just looking for investment and development.

Soon after the independence, Pakistan joined the US camp and strained its relations with USSR before they even started. But then one leader came into power in the 70s, and he established good relations not only with China but Russia also. And his efforts and charisma alone earned Pakistan the steel mills that is still the largest industrial unit in the country even after 4 decades. Similarly, he was able to secure HMC and many other deals from China, nuclear power plant deal from France and a lot more... because he was a sincere, competent, determined and financially clean person.

Now if we get an honest and a visionary leader, everything will change, all deals will be renegotiated

Now the current goons have signed extremely expensive LNG deal with Qatar and we can see how Qatar tried to help these goons. Similarly, BB (the corrupt dead body) signed the worst deal for power production that practically bankrupted WAPDA and GOP and the country is in the mess because of her, her husband and the current corrupt goons.

Every country in this world plays its game based on its national interests. GOP has failed on all fronts due to its incompetence, lack of determination and will, and corruption, so we can't blame Japan.

Last edited:
China knows where Pakistan's loyalty lies. I'm all for Japan joining and watching our rivals isolation policy backfire.

Japan first needs to reign in their sister company Pakistan Suzuki here in Pakistan. Most of their investment is very much restricted to automobiles in the form of suzuki cars with huge price tag. With CPEC happening, and reasonable prices control, their transport vehicles can earn huge profits over the next decade or so.
Suzuki is a relatively small motor firm (market cap ~$20 B) positioned in niche market segment (A00, A0 small sedan), similar to Subaru, Mazda. As Pakistan consumption power grows, huge chance that bigger auto firms from Japan with comprehensive product lines will be attracted to setup (or expand) in CPEC, say the world's top 10 auto & truck conglomerates (Fortune 2000, market cap 2016) are:
  1. Toyota Group (Toyota Motor, Denso, Toyota Industries, Aisin Seiki, Toyota Boshoku), $242.6 B
  2. Volkswagen-Porsche Group (Volkswagen AG, Porsche Automobil) $89.7 B
  3. Nissan-Renault Group (Nissan Motor, Renault, Valeo, JKEKT) $88.5 B
  4. Daimler, $75.4 B
  5. Hyundai-Kia Group (Hyundai Motor, Kia Motor, Hyundai Mobis) $67.4 B
  6. BMW Group, $60.4 B
  7. Ford Motor, $54.2 B
  8. Honda Motor, $51.1 B
  9. General Motors, $49.6 B
  10. SAIC, $34.4 B
In my opinion, CPEC should welcome Japanese investment, an example is auto manufacturing, it's beneficial to the whole industrial complex.
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/china-auto-industry-news-and-images.438024/page-13#post-9392544

Last edited:
Suzuki is a relatively small motor firm (market cap ~$20 B) positioned in niche market segment (A00, A0 small sedan), similar to Subaru, Mazda. As Pakistan consumption power grows, huge chance that bigger auto firms from Japan with comprehensive product lines will be attracted to Pakistan, say the world's top 10 auto & truck conglomerates (Fortune 2000, market cap 2016) are:
  1. Toyota Group (Toyota Motor, Denso, Toyota Industries, Aisin Seiki, Toyota Boshoku), $242.6 B
  2. Volkswagen-Porsche Group (Volkswagen AG, Porsche Automobil) $89.7 B
  3. Nissan-Renault Group (Nissan Motor, Renault, Valeo, JKEKT) $88.5 B
  4. Daimler, $75.4 B
  5. Hyundai-Kia Group (Hyundai Motor, Kia Motor, Hyundai Mobis) $67.4 B
  6. BMW Group, $60.4 B
  7. Ford Motor, $54.2 B
  8. Honda Motor, $51.1 B
  9. General Motors, $49.6 B
  10. SAIC, $34.4 B
In my opinion, CPEC should welcome Japanese investment, an example is auto manufacturing, it's beneficial to the whole industrial complex.
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/china-auto-industry-news-and-images.438024/page-13#post-9392544
Toyota and Honda are already there in Pakiatan since..forever.. But now VW and Audi are coming and that's a good news for the automarket and the consumers.

Back
Top Bottom