What's new

Japan wants Pakistan to open CPEC for other countries

Would be a great way to normalise relations between the two countries, border disputes should not stop business. It doesn't stop China and India from doing trade.

Very good point. Indian companies can invest in the land India claims.

They can claim as much as they want it doesn't change the ground realities.

True. But if they feel better, they will invest. As Indians are emotionally driven people, they generally spend more if they feel better.

True. But if they feel better, they will invest. As Indians are emotionally driven people, they generally spend more if they feel better.

The population of Gilgit Baltistan (GB) is almost entirely Muslim (Read) and they have seen Indian atrocities in Kashmir for the last 70 years. They don't want any part of India. As for making India feel better, that is an impossible mission.

This is how India sees it:
What people actually want:
Essentially, GB people want to be part of CPEC and they want development.

japan spys on chinese oversea investments/projects almost obsessively.. one thing for sure there will be more japanese spys rather than real investors coming to Pak if you leave the cpec door wide open. Who knows what kind of information they will be collecting or who they will be sharing it with... last i heard japan is buddying up with india..

Japan, Pakistan’s decades’ old business partner, believes that Pakistan should open China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) for countries willing to be the part of the mega plan.

“At the moment, only Chinese and Pakistani companies can undertake projects in CPEC, if these restrictions are removed many private businesses in Japan may be interested in investing,” Toshikazu Isomura, consul general of Japan in Karachi, said in an interaction with newsmen recently. He said Japan is Pakistan’s partner since long and 82 Japanese companies were already operating in Pakistan.

“Japanese companies have invested over $500 million in the country in last three years,” Isomura said in a briefing regarding State Minister for Foreign Affairs of Japan, Nobuo Kishi’s recent visit to Karachi.

The Japanese consul general said their state minister had meetings with Prime Minister and other functionaries and discussed issues of bilateral interest. Easing of tariff barriers on import of Pakistan’s textile and leather products in Japan was also discussed.

Talking about CEPC, Isomura said, “The project is good for Pakistan and good for the region. Pakistan should open it for its old business partners.”

https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/204578-Japan-wants-Pakistan-to-open-CPEC-for-other-countries
I don't think Japan is interested in investing in CPEC. I do think, however, they are interested in sabotaging CPEC. It has been a routine practice for Japanese to follow Chinese overseas investment activities and seek opportunities of sabotaging.

I don't think Japan is interested in investing in CPEC. I do think, however, they are interested in sabotaging CPEC. It has been a routine practice for Japanese to follow Chinese overseas investment activities and seek opportunities of sabotaging.
japan spys on chinese oversea investments/projects almost obsessively.. one thing for sure there will be more japanese spys rather than real investors coming to Pak if you leave the cpec door wide open. Who knows what kind of information they will be collecting or who they will be sharing it with... last i heard japan is buddying up with india..
You guys would know better about it. The reason being Japan has been trying to compete with China ever since WWii completed. I wish we get a political leader with a vision. A vision to make this country even more successful. These days our political leaders have kick-backs in their vision, that is it. Any country even remotely related to India shouldn't be granted access to CPEC that easily. CPEC should protect China as well as Pakistan. India is an enemy country of Pakistan and competes with China as well. Its mandatory such countries shouldn't be granted access to CPEC.
Pakistan and China should extract maximum benefits out of it, only left over should be served for other countries. Its their choice, if they want left over or not.

You guys would know better about it. The reason being Japan has been trying to compete with China ever since WWii completed. I wish we get a political leader with a vision. A vision to make this country even more successful. These days our political leaders have kick-backs in their vision, that is it. Any country even remotely related to India shouldn't be granted access to CPEC that easily. CPEC should protect China as well as Pakistan. India is an enemy country of Pakistan and competes with China as well. Its mandatory such countries shouldn't be granted access to CPEC.
Pakistan and China should extract maximum benefits out of it, only left over should be served for other countries. Its their choice, if they want left over or not.
I don't think China is granting access of CPEC to India. China knows very well that India wouldn't take it even if it is granted to them. The access is still controlled by both China and Pakistan and the backlash from India taking the access on themselves would be too great for any Indian politicians. China only softens the language to avoid excessive politicizing amid this grand economic endeavor.

JAV is my favorite source for adult content. Seriously, the Japanese are in totally another universe with the stuff they got. They know what they're doing. It's in our best interest to let them come to Pakistan :D

Japan is more than welcome to establish exclusive Japanese industrial parks. Just like China is doing right now.

Pak has historically very cordial relationship with JP. With the impeding decline in the JP population and very low birth rates...JP needs to think very very long term.

Pak must offer JP good terms provided JP brings in actual manufacturing and not just assembly plants.

I would rather like to see JP establishing industrial/technical institutes and universities in Pak to train young people and educate talented engineers further. Win-Win.

I have a feeling that China will establish such educational institutes in not too distant future.

EU, SK, JP will come in or they will miss a grand opportunity in Pak.

Personally, I would like to see GCC coming in heavy with investments and JVs for large scale industrialisation. It will nit GCC and Pak together more than religion can.

We are entering a new world, Pak Friends. China came in First...this must always be remembered.

Back
Top Bottom