What's new

JAPAN WALKS AWAY WITH MISS INTERNATIONAL 2012 TITLE!

Srinivas

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
JAPAN WALKS AWAY WITH MISS INTERNATIONAL 2012 TITLE!

thumb.cms

The 52nd Miss International pageant held in Okinawa, Japan came to a close with one winner who clearly stood out from the crowds- Miss Japan Ikumi Yoshimatsu.

Over the month long event that put the 69 contestants from a myriad of countries to test, there were many favourites including our every own, Miss India Rochelle Maria Rao who was also one of the top 15 finalists.

At the extravagant event that was held in Okinawa, six special awards were given to the following countries for being exemplary in those categories:

Friendship Award: Miss Mauritius

Performance- Miss Russia

National Costume Award- Miss Honduras

Internet Award- Miss Myanmar

Photogenic Award- Miss Japan

JOICEF Award-Miss Haiti

The top 15 finalists who beat the other contestants included (in random order):

Colombia

Brazil

Japan

Sri Lanka

Finland

Namibia

Venezuela

USA

UK

Dominican republic'

Philippines

Paraguay

Mexico

India

Haiti

All 15 finalists were asked the question- What would they do if they won the Miss International 2012 title. All the beauties answered with great confidence, poise and intelligence that impressed the esteemed judges.

To this question, Miss India International 2012 Rochelle Maria Rao replied, "The Indian woman is a multi tasker- not only does she have her own career, sets her own goals and dreams, but she supports the dreams of her children. She has a contemporary mindset with true traditional values. The Indian woman is a corner stone of her family. If I became Miss International 2012, I would want to work with the United Nations and UNICEF in India and the world and I will work for the upliftment of young women. I believe education is freedom and it eradicates evil like child labour, unemployment, human trafficking and the list goes on. I take my inspiration from Japan- rightly called the land of the rising sun."

In the top 5 that were further shortlisted from the top 15, Miss Paraguay Nicole Elizabeth Vera Huber was 4th runner up. Third runner up was Miss Dominican Republic Melodia Mir. 2nd runner up was Miss Sri Lanka Madusha Rushani Mayadunne. First runner up was Miss Finland Viivi Suominen. But the winner who walked away with the coveted title and made her country proud was Miss Japan. She impressed all with her beauty, grace and answer!

Miss International 2012 was crowned her predecessor- Miss International 2011-Maria Fernanda Cornejo of Ecuador.

Japan walks away with Miss International 2012 title! - News - Femina Miss India - Indiatimes

This is the oldest marketing trick .

Remember the fillip cosmetic industry got in India when 3-4 ladies won titles one after the other ?

this is the first ever Japanse girl took that title. :toast_sign:

why girls are going slimmer and slimmer ? Just she her every single bone in her body can be counted.

a jao bhi tharkiyoo jaldi se biryani thread khul gai hai :rofl:

Hurray hurray its a holi holi day --- Aur tasverain kub post hoon gi Imran bhai :bounce: --- aik tasveer say kiya bunay ga woh cat walk wali tau lugaoo bhai ...

I don't get why these countries obsess over these contests, you guys need third person to tell you that your women are beautiful?

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom